Rangers accept Morelos ban.

Smile

Just now, left winger said:

You're looking at this incident in isolation, and if we do that, the red card was fair enough, imo. However, to look at it in isolation let's down the player, the club and the support. 

But we have to look at the incident in isolation mate. The club don't get anchorage sheet with Morelos stamp and McGregor's stamp and klmalas elbow. I am 100 percent behind us challenging the consistency but we canny just add it to the charge sheet. 

I'm absolutely no against what you and most are saying I just canny see why people want us to challenge this incident.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

But we have to look at the incident in isolation mate. The club don't get anchorage sheet with Morelos stamp and McGregor's stamp and klmalas elbow. I am 100 percent behind us challenging the consistency but we canny just add it to the charge sheet. 

I'm absolutely no against what you and most are saying I just canny see why people want us to challenge this incident.

To get parity for our players, specifically Morelos. 

1 hour ago, GOAT said:

Think our club will ever defend anything?  

Was it a red card, going by the only SLOW MOTION replays I’ve seen aye it was, but when you’ve got a manager and player from opposition saying the referee told him he seen it but didn’t think it was intentional only for the charge sheet to say the referee never seen it.  Somethings fishy.

Joke man.  Not even a mention of why mcgregors stamp on kamara. 

Serious question here G.

When was the last time the Club defended a player or the fans?

Bridge building at it's finest here.

1 minute ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

What the guy who told us we'd have to take our medicine in 2012?

2 minutes ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

someone of the calibre

Not referring to any comments made by him or others. You do know of course that what I'm saying is "someone who will take the fuckers on".

1 minute ago, Canabear said:

Serious question here G.

When was the last time the Club defended a player or the fans?

Bridge building at it's finest here.

Club have defended Morelos plenty of times privately and publicly.

Also twice appealed against a red card ban for him. This one he was never getting off.

52 minutes ago, VERITAS VOS LIBREBETS said:

How the fucking fuck can Jack Ross and Darren McGregor say that they spoke to the Ref about it and Clancy replied 'it was just a tangle of legs'?

Now either the compliance officer has no faith in Clancy's ability which raises the question why will he referee future matches? or the whole lot of them are lying cunts.

Give us transparency ya fucking cheating bastards.

There’s a difference between seeing the incident and seeing the offence.

1 hour ago, Smile said:

How McGregor got away with his WWE challenge plus a stamp in the same game is what the board should be questioning.

how do you know the board have not questioned it but that has nothing to do with morelos it is a seperate issue

7 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Club have defended Morelos plenty of times privately and publicly.

Also twice appealed against a red card ban for him. This one he was never getting off.

There is a big difference between appealing red cards and calling out other blatant inconsistencies. 

The other difference from what you say, is we appealed red cards he had been given in matches, these are retrospective red cards. 

1 hour ago, stuart1994 said:

The way the compliance officer pick and choose who gets a ban and what incidents they review is fishy as fuck we can all agree on that, but looking at the Morelos incident there was no way he was escaping a ban.

There is no ‘Compliance officer’ in post now, I think we all would like to know who initiated this process resulting in Alfredo’s ban...

No question Alfredo is refereed to different standards. When a ref is awarded a Rangers games, they view videos of him before they take charge of a game. Situations like penalties are prejudged before ko. Probably why Clancy sent him off at the Piggery. Totally agree with the fans frustration. Porteous scrape down Jacks ankle shoulda been looked at. 

1 hour ago, GOAT said:

I’ll tell you why I’m moaning, because the charge sheet said the referee didn’t see the incident, according to Jack Ross and Darren Mcgregor, that’s a blatant lie.  

That's not how it works though, the ref in real time said to Macgregor and Jack that he only saw a coming together which is fair enough.....what he says he didn't see was the supposed stamp which the panel then show Clancy......it is then that he can change his mind which leads to the charge....it was the exact same with his challenge at tannadice....real time the ref thought he called it right only to change his mind when shown it slowed down from various angles 

The real argument is when the shoe is on the other foot....Morelos had to be stretched off with a burst knee because of a reckless tackle.....but yet their was no case to answer....out the 3 incidents that involved Morelos only one player got injured and only one player has found himself suspended.....Gerrard was spot on when he called it out that day.

1 hour ago, GOAT said:

I want the board to fight for the club, it’s fans, it’s players.  Hardly too much to ask for is it?

Pick your battles.

I think the club have handled with the grace it deserves. None of this ‘aye, but he did it too’ shite

Best not trying to defend the indefensible.

He stamped on a player and got banned. Simples.

Move on with minimum fuss and concentrate on smashing this season out the park.

Since the CO left her position two weeks ago, who authorized citing Morelos and based on what grounds since there is a discrepancy in what Clancy said in comparison to the charge?

That is the question I want answered. Not whether Morelos is guilty or not.

Challenging the ban itself is not the issue for me. It could easily have been a red card in the game, if he intended the challenge or not. Also, saying McGregor should have gone too is not grounds to appeal (even if true)...it is the same sort whataboutery that we see from celtic and has no bearing on the separate Morelos incident. 

The issue is the ongoing double standards with the disciplinary process. Both in use of the compliance officer, use of fast track and continually overlooking things from other sides in the league (still silence about Dubai....). Also, the fact the referee commented on the incident to the hibs backroom team, then apparently didn't see the incident. The club should be building a case of these incidents. The problem is, the last time we tried to raise issues with the league we were not supported and like it or not we would need robust support from other clubs to challenge these decisions, otherwise it is us going alone again. 

Also, while we are so far ahead I feel as though not rocking the boat too much is the right thing. The best come back will be to win the league in spite of all this then be in a position of strength to raise further issues once we are over the line. I don't think the team needs the distraction of ongoing disputes with the league. We have had enough of being in the papers the last few years about other things and i'm sure it affected the players. We need to stay on the back pages by winning games and the league, then move from a stronger position once the season is done. 

This was never getting overturned so need to suck it up and take the 3 games because it would have been worse if we appealed. It's not what he done that's the issue, it's the consistency. Boyd hit the nail on the head post game when he said a few other indicidents had gone unpunished. We need to be bolder and be calling them out on this. The unwashed tried to defend themselves going to dubai mid pandemic FFS.

Morelos needs to get his shite out of his game and you can guarantee he'll be taking a personal hit on this too. If we appeal if gives us less reason to reprimand him internally and try stop his stupid moments of madness.

I think this is about keeping a low profile and going about our business quietly without the shambles of across the city.  We can compare the issue with all those that have gone on unpunished but (whether right or wrong) any Morelos incident is blown out of all proportions compared to the rest. I’m quite sure he’s been spoken to by our management because he does daft things like this that makes it easy for our haters; pointing fingers ridiculously like the Donald Sutherland gif.  I firmly believe that once we are crowned champions then things like this will be dealt with in a different way. 

Archived