Don't Go To Bed Just Yet

Assegai

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A good transfer window for us again. Bought 2, No main players sold, 1 sold, 4 on loan :rangers:

Rangers

• Ins: Scott Wright (Aberdeen), Jack Simpson (Bournemouth)
  • Outs: Glenn Middleton (St Johnstone, loan), Cammy Palmer (Linfield), Jordan Jones (Sunderland, loan), George Edmundson (Derby, loan), Brandon Barker (Oxford United, loan)

Celtic not a good window for them again :p:

• Ins:Jonjoe Kenny (Everton, loan)
  • Outs: Leo Hjelde (Ross County, loan), Jeremie Frimpong (Bayer Leverkusen), Barry Coffey (Cliftonville, loan) Scott Robertson (Doncaster, loan), Olivier Ntcham (Marseille, loan)

Certainly not a spectacular window by any means but delighted to get both Simpson & Wright in now. Low risk signings who should benefit from being able to get plenty minutes between now and the end of the season under virtually no pressure. Should put them in a good place ahead of next season.

1 minute ago, G.E.C. said:

I remember going to bed early on deadline day in 2015. Woke up and we signed five Newcastle players.

The most surreal signings ever. 

Bigirimana couldn’t play because he had some disease and Mbabu was injured for the full season, which we knew before signing.

7 minutes ago, ScottBF2 said:

The most surreal signings ever. 

Bigirimana couldn’t play because he had some disease and Mbabu was injured for the full season, which we knew before signing.

Was it Streete who looked alright but blew his knee after about 20 mins? 

Glad we have them in now tbh. A good 7 months of training, minutes with no added pressure and getting drilled into them that this is Rangers can’t be a bad thing. 

Compared to them who can’t even get pre contracts over the line and nearly half their starting line ups are loans then we’re already ahead of the game for next season. 

Wilson and the management’s organisation has been excellent 

9 hours ago, Jojo Shelvey said:

I didn't actually know he played that game until after it, I thought it was Greg Stewart.

He played both games against Porto and away to Leverkusen.

Piggery as well, bit of a big game wildcard.

Happy with a couple in and out. 

Changes the dressing room dynamic a bit and stops things becoming stale.

We are really stable now and no need for sweeping changes.

Meanwhile across the city they have a manager on death row and countless loan players and others angling for a move. Big changes afoot and not without risk

What a difference a year makes!!

7 hours ago, The Hammer 11 said:

Controversial but I’d like to have seen us try to loan out Morelos to someone like Lille for the rest of the season with an option to buy 

Yeah great idea mate. Why don't we loan out mcgregor, Davis, tav, jack, Kent also.

We’re definitely in a fantastic position and all 3 are low risk but with great potential plus who would have thought the league was 90% in the bag at this point so it meant we didn’t need to break the bank this window.

I don’t think the likes of Jones and Barker would have went if the league was tight and when I look over to the piggery they’ve seemingly raised their white flag, again.

get 9 points in the bag, dust ourselves down then go for the other 9 albeit we might not need as many as that as I hope they keep dropping points.

9 hours ago, The Hammer 11 said:

Controversial but I’d like to have seen us try to loan out Morelos to someone like Lille for the rest of the season with an option to buy 

We have a European cup to win mate.  The statement isn't controversial btw, it's just dumb.  

2 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

Certainly not a spectacular window by any means but delighted to get both Simpson & Wright in now. Low risk signings who should benefit from being able to get plenty minutes between now and the end of the season under virtually no pressure. Should put them in a good place ahead of next season.

They’re very lucky boys.

They have the security of long term contracts, time to get to know the club and our set up under very little pressure, gain some experience of European football (if they can be added/swapped in EL squad), probably pick up a league winner’s medal then start new season as champions, hopefully with crowds celebrating 55.

Talk about living the dream!

:UK:

Archived