***** The Official Hamilton Accies vs Rangers Match Thread *****

RFCRobertson

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have reached the stage where we can play these games like European aways.  Keep it tight and invite the opposition forward and pick them off.  No need to go mad and risk injury especially if we haven’t scored in the first half.  4-0 to The Famous. 

15 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Hate theses pitches. I like big Brian Rice but I hope both Hamilton & Kilmarnock get relegated leaving us with only one astro surface in the league.

Still amazes me how they are allowed to get away with plastic pitches.  If a club wants to be in the top league they have a grass pitch.  Having said that we had a largely mud pitch this time last year. 

2 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

We have reached the stage where we can play these games like European aways.  Keep it tight and invite the opposition forward and pick them off.  No need to go mad and risk injury especially if we haven’t scored in the first half.  4-0 to The Famous. 

Or we could keep doing the same thing as we have been doing all season and how we beat them 8-0. To change anything at this stage would be madness, especially treating Hamilton like Benfica 😂

I can’t see Itten starting as if he gets an injury then we’re fkd for the games after. Roofe needs to start and if we’re comfortable then possibly give Itten a run out the last ten just to give him a wee kickstart for Wednesday. Hopefully JD will be available Wednesday as a back up to Itten.

6 minutes ago, Graham said:

Or we could keep doing the same thing as we have been doing all season and how we beat them 8-0. To change anything at this stage would be madness, especially treating Hamilton like Benfica 😂

If you reread my post you will see that I am suggesting that we take it easy and go for a 4-0 win.  No need to go all runs blazing for 8-0. All we need is three points with minimal risk of injury and minimal energy expenditure.  We are still fighting on three fronts. 

1 minute ago, andyhrfc said:

Still amazes me how they are allowed to get away with plastic pitches.  If a club wants to be in the top league they have a grass pitch. 

I agree. It was mooted that they were to hire them out and make money that way. Livingston have a full sized pitch OUTSIDE their ground that's probably better quality than the stadium pitch. Why they need a plastic pitch for the first team is beyond me. 

18 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

No we haven't. 

I hope we put a few past this lot, partly  because it's another 3 pts but to make that Les Gray's ugly mug even more miserable.

His behaviour on spfl business appears to have been at best questionable on more than one occasion, without liewell's influence  I would think there must be a few clubs that would like to see him voted off the board come election time 

Just now, LegendofCoop said:

Everyone on here would. We haven't reached the stage where we can take the foot off the gas even slightly yet though. 

I think we agree that we can’t take the foot of the gas, but differ in the manner in which we should approach tomorrow’s game.  By 2pm I won’t really be arsed how we play if we are three points closer to 55.

Archived