***** The Official Rangers vs Kilmarnock Match Thread *****

RFCRobertson

Rangers Fc vs Kilmarnock Fc

Matchday 29

Venue: Ibrox Stadium

Date: 13th of February

Kick-off: 15:00 (3:00pm)

Live on RTV aboard also available to listen to on the RTV App. Stream will start approx. 30 minutes before kick-off. 

Recent Forms:

Rangers - DWWWD

Kilmarnock - LWDLL

Team News: 

Arfield and Katic continue to be out injured. Morelos serving his 3rd match ban and after this match will be available against Dundee Utd however Roofe will start serving his 2 match ban meaning he wont be available until our away match to Livinston on the 3rd of March. Defoe is suspected to be back in the team selection however, recovering from a slight knee knock. 

Rangers return to the fortress that is Ibrox after a bitterly disappointing match and resulting draw against Hamilton accies. To add to our woes we are without Roofe and Morelos. Leaving Itten being the main striker to step up to the plate with Defoe presumably returning to the bench following a injury.

As I said in the previous match thread, Rangers really need to get their act together and put on a performance that will avert the creeping fears that Bears are facing currently. Kilmarnock are down on their luck but they seem to have a new manager in the form of Tommy Wright. This could well prove to give the East Ayrshire side a boost to try and get some form lf result against us. 

Regardless of all this, we must remain faithful in our side which thankfully have a big safety net in the form of 15 points (should celtic win their 2 games in hand). The job isnt finished yet, its the final strech of the march to 55! We can rest easy when the league is mathematically finished, until then strongest side possible regardless of opposition along with the strongest mentality possibly from the team! No passangers!!

Starting XI for me,

McGregor

Tav Goldson Helander Barasic

Davis

Aribo Kamara

Hagi Itten Kent

Have to be on the front foot and apply pressure, a goal or 2 in the first half followed by another in the 2nd to give us a comfortable 3-0 win. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need to go back to 4-2-3-1 that worked so well against Ross County. Means we can get the best out of Aribo, Hagi and Kent (because let’s be honest Gerrard won’t drop him) rotating behind Roofe/Itten. 

2 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

I'd rather bring him on to help control the game when we're goals up. Alternatively drop Aribo for Jack but then i feel thats too denfensive and Aribo can cut defenes open or at very least draw fouls

Not against Hamilton he couldn't.

They can’t possibly continue that form after a week on the training pitch with Gerrard and especially McGregor. 

They had better come out flying and kill it off in the first half after what they served up yesterday. 

2 wins out the next 2 and I’ll believe it’s as good as over but another result like that on Sunday and a chink of Light opens for they bastards. Last thing we need

Is Roofe banned for this one? If not Hagi, Roofe, Wright front 3, Jack, Davis, Kamara mid and back 4 picks itself.

tbh though I can see Kamara missing out for Aribo and Kamara being saved for Europa League game

Archived