Rangers exempt from new quarantine rules?

Shuggy

7 minutes ago, stevemac said:

I'm just saying right now i couldn't give a toss about europe, I'm more bothered about winning the league.

win the next 4 league games and then I'll be buzzing for european competition again.

Some of us can walk and chew gum at the same time :sarcasm:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, stevemac said:

Im taking nothing away from our accomplishments, we have put a marker down as a competent European side, But let's face it, there is very little (by comparison to the CL) to be earned from going far in the Europa League, I think most fans would admit we aren't going to get near the finals or even the semi finals realistically, so I'd rather put everything we have into finishing as champions and testing ourselves next season in the Champions League.

That said, it won't happen and we will play our games in Europe, I'm just not all that bothered about it now.

I think most fans would admit we aren't going to get near the finals or even the semi finals realistically,

We are literally two ties away from the quarter finals, are Antwerp really any better than Benfica? We would have knocked Benfica out on away goals in a two legged tie. We’ve got as good a chance as any other team in the competition of reaching the semi finals/final  also I think European football will give our players a lift again.

The league race is won mate were so far ahead  it’s just a jog to the finish line. No way we lose 5 games and the beggars win 12 in a row fs 🤣 

Settle petal 

I want a treble 👊🏼

5 hours ago, stevemac said:

I'm just saying right now i couldn't give a toss about europe, I'm more bothered about winning the league.

win the next 4 league games and then I'll be buzzing for european competition again.

Short sighted, this. Our Board has already said we need to be bringing in significant European revenue each year to be able to sustain the level of player we have. We're financially not in a position to focus on the league. Especially this season, when Covid's putting massive pressure on our income.

We need the millions available for progressing and we need to keep our coefficient high if we want to be able to maximise our chances of doing that in subsequent campaigns.

Besides, we're winning this league. If ever there was a time to push for a long European run, this is it. Personally I hope we show a bit of ambition.

11 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Short sighted, this. Our Board has already said we need to be bringing in significant European revenue each year to be able to sustain the level of player we have. We're financially not in a position to focus on the league. Especially this season, when Covid's putting massive pressure on our income.

We need the millions available for progressing and we need to keep our coefficient high if we want to be able to maximise our chances of foung that in subsequent campaigns.

Besides, we're winning this league. If ever there was a time to push for a long Eurooean run, this is it. Personally I hope we show a bit of ambition.

Illogical when people say they don't care about Europe. It's where the vast majority of our income comes from and gives us prestige. The level of opposition is higher too and the games are more exciting.

A good run in Europe not only helps us balance the books and keep key players but enables us to watch, play against and even buy players of a higher standard such as Borna.

Without Europe we'd be selling key players left, right and centre as the revenue from Scottish football isn't enough to cover their wages.

2 hours ago, stevemac said:

To be honest I don't really care about the europa league this season. Last season was great and we have done well to get where we are again but id rather not risk anything on the league for a european jolly. Rather bag the league title and the money can roll in from the champions league next season when hopefully the world is in a somewhat better place than it currently is.

Biggest load of shite I’ve ever read and shameful cunts actually liked it. 

Our biggest chance since Manchester to go deep into this competition and cunts want us to chuck it lol

2 hours ago, Shuggy said:

Will our trip to Antwerp be subject to being stuck in a hotel for 10 days after - i.e. called off?

Key quote:

"Elite athletes are currently exempt from travel restrictions however Mr Matheson said the criteria would be strengthened, to only permit travel for athletes and coaches preparing for the Olympics and Paralympics."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-55987460

We're not going for training.

We need to go as far as we can in this now .League is almost over and we could afford a slip up or 3 there .

For me full focus on the EL ,I dont think we have a realistic chance of winning but every round the prize pot goes up ,get as far as we can and get as many Euros in the bank as possible .

2 hours ago, stevemac said:

To be honest I don't really care about the europa league this season. Last season was great and we have done well to get where we are again but id rather not risk anything on the league for a european jolly. Rather bag the league title and the money can roll in from the champions league next season when hopefully the world is in a somewhat better place than it currently is.

:lol:

39 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Biggest load of shite I’ve ever read and shameful cunts actually liked it. 

Our biggest chance since Manchester to go deep into this competition and cunts want us to chuck it lol

And no cunts going to be able to see it. 

And take it you've never read anything by ill Phil if this is the biggest load of shite you've ever read?

2 hours ago, scottyc06 said:

Doubt it, it’s literally only Scotland with this ruling. In England the only European country on their quarantine list is Portugal.

Wee Nicki trying to be all different and super leader type again , Can you imagine we were in 1939 . This Government would side with the Nazis , just to spite Westminster

3 hours ago, stevemac said:

I care about it but i get your point mate . The league is 100% priority . Until that trophy is in Tavs hands . I'm not ruling out anything, from the powers that be in this shithole of corruption.

Come the Antwerp game , i will probably change my mind :lol: 

3 hours ago, Shuggy said:

Will our trip to Antwerp be subject to being stuck in a hotel for 10 days after - i.e. called off?

Key quote:

"Elite athletes are currently exempt from travel restrictions however Mr Matheson said the criteria would be strengthened, to only permit travel for athletes and coaches preparing for the Olympics and Paralympics."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-55987460

My understanding that quote is linked to training trips. Competition travel is exempt. 

5 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I care about it but i get your point mate . The league is 100% priority . Until that trophy is in Tavs hands . I'm not ruling out anything, from the powers that be in this shithole of corruption.

Come the Antwerp game , i will probably change my mind :lol: 

Absolutely mate, I will too. I'll be hoping we can go all the way once the league is a lot closer to being decided. 

20 minutes ago, stevemac said:

And no cunts going to be able to see it. 

And take it you've never read anything by ill Phil if this is the biggest load of shite you've ever read?

Are you off your head? No cunts going to be able to see it, I’m sorry is the population of Europe without a tele at 99% or something? Take it the Europa league trophy just has “nobody seen it” as the winners. 

Absolute maniac

3 hours ago, stevemac said:

That's the most absurd thing I've read in a long time. What's the point of being a pro athlete or a fan if you don't care about competing against the elite?

Especially now that we have made it to the knock out stages.

20 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Are you off your head? No cunts going to be able to see it, I’m sorry is the population of Europe without a tele at 99% or something? Take it the Europa league trophy just has “nobody seen it” as the winners. 

Absolute maniac

Still not gonna respond RE ill Phil? 

I've already clarified that UNTIL there is certainty with the league beyond all possible doubt, I'm not fussed about Europe. My opinion. 

19 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

That's the most absurd thing I've read in a long time. What's the point of being a pro athlete or a fan if you don't care about competing against the elite?

Especially now that we have made it to the knock out stages.

Because 55 is more important to me than the europa league. Next season we won't give a flying fuck about europes second tier competition. I am proud of what we have achieved in the EL but if we are competing in the CL I wouldnt be too bothered about EL.

2 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

The 'at least it's not as bad as ill Phil' line isn't really doing you any favours mate. :lol: 

If you agree or disagree with my posts thats fine, but to say its the stupidest thing you've ever read is fucking ridiculous. Ill hold my hands up i have spouted some absolute shite in the past on here though.

Archived