Would Gerrard leave us if Klopp left Liverpool?

CR3

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I hope when he does go there he is as successful as Souness was.

Manchester City have always been the English team I liked but if Gerrard delivers us 55 I will wish him all the success in the world wherever he may go after he leaves us. 

I actually think it could all hinge on another club not mentioned on this thread about when Gerrard could leave us. 

There are strong rumours Hansi Flick will leave Bayern in the summer and take over the German national team after the Euros and replace Loew. Supposedly Flick is a bit worried about Rumminegge leaving as Chairman (which has already been announced) and his relationship with Salihadmazic isn’t the best. 

I could then see Bayern going for Klopp who I reckon would take it based on a few factors. That would potentially lead to Liverpool targeting Gerrard. 

7 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Maybe because he has done a project here and built his own squad and implemented his own style and would like to test that in the champions league. Being the career minded pro he is i'd like to think that would be a challenge he would relish.

It's all hypothetical anyway.

I don't see him staying for that, especially if Liverpool were also in the CL too.

He could get us to the groups but down there he'd be working to win it.

I think Klopp will leave Liverpool the same way he did with Dortmund. He will announce it well in advance, as a way to say good bye to the fans as he did at Dortmund. I think he will leave in 2024 and if SG has made some kind of an impact on the Champions League then he will go to Liverpool in 2024.

6 minutes ago, jackg93 said:

I actually think it could all hinge on another club not mentioned on this thread about when Gerrard could leave us. 

There are strong rumours Hansi Flick will leave Bayern in the summer and take over the German national team after the Euros and replace Loew. Supposedly Flick is a bit worried about Rumminegge leaving as Chairman (which has already been announced) and his relationship with Salihadmazic isn’t the best. 

I could then see Bayern going for Klopp who I reckon would take it based on a few factors. That would potentially lead to Liverpool targeting Gerrard. 

I think Bayern would go for Naglesman before Klopp tbh, but you have tbink that as a German managing Bayern will be on Klopp’s bucket list. I think Klopp’s next job after Liverpool will be Real Madrid though.

5 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I think Bayern would go for Naglesman before Klopp tbh.

Good manager no doubt but still a bit too young if that all happens this summer. Also Bayern had a bad experience with their last younger coach (Kovac) and they aren’t the kind of club to risk potentially making the same error twice which makes me think it will be someone like Klopp.

There is no doubt that Gerrard would walk to Liverpool for the managers job. Klopp would need to resign though. I can’t see them sacking him. Champions League and first title in 30 years should give him that but if the scenario did arrive I don’t think we could grudge Gerrard taking the job. On the plus side though I don’t see him taking a mid table Premier League job. If all goes well he’ll stick with us until the Liverpool job came up. Might change his tune if he’s overlooked for it but until then.

Of course nobody knows but in my view Gerrard is the type to commit to a project with his heart more than most players/managers. Whole career at Liverpool. He definitely is attached to Rangers and I think he'll want to achieve a lot here. Obviously he'll want to manage his boyhood club eventually but that might not be as soon as some think. He may give himself to a good 4-5 years at Ibrox and look to take us further and further. It might be my hope speaking here but it does seem to me he's that sort of guy.

24 minutes ago, RockwellGers said:

Of course nobody knows but in my view Gerrard is the type to commit to a project with his heart more than most players/managers. Whole career at Liverpool. He definitely is attached to Rangers and I think he'll want to achieve a lot here. Obviously he'll want to manage his boyhood club eventually but that might not be as soon as some think. He may give himself to a good 4-5 years at Ibrox and look to take us further and further. It might be my hope speaking here but it does seem to me he's that sort of guy.

Mate we will be lucky to get 1 more year from Gerrard imo , his stock is rising and if he gets us into the group stages next year he will have his pick of jobs throughout Europe  because of his name. 

Would love him to stay for 4 or 5 years but its just not going to happen sadly. 

Just now, Nelson loyal said:

Mate we will be lucky to get 1 more year from Gerrard imo , his stock is rising and if he gets us into the group stages next year he will have his pick of jobs throughout Europe  because of his name. 

Would love him to stay for 4 or 5 years but its just not going to happen sadly. 

I know what you're saying and I was thinking that. But I'm not sure he will just go where the money is like others, his attachment to us might mean more than with other managers. That was where I was going with my post and I think there's something in it tbh

2 minutes ago, RockwellGers said:

I know what you're saying and I was thinking that. But I'm not sure he will just go where the money is like others, his attachment to us might mean more than with other managers. That was where I was going with my post and I think there's something in it tbh

Mate a hope you are right because a fucking love him, will be a sad day when he does decide to leave that's for sure. 

46 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I don't see him staying for that, especially if Liverpool were also in the CL too.

He could get us to the groups but down there he'd be working to win it.

I'm only answering for what I believe the poster meant with his CL comment regarding us, he will want to test his squad against the very best and that would him want to stay here imo.

I'm not commenting on the hypothetical situation of Gerrard getting offered the Liverpool job because it hasn't happened and is unlikely too any time soon.

47 minutes ago, SteveEarle said:

Have Liverpool not been decimated by injuries this season. Surely the board will recognise that and Klopp won’t be under any immediate pressure. Hopefully he will want another crack at the title next year and hopefully SG will be the same. 

Hopefully they look at City standing by Pep (and it's looking like they will be rewarded) and learn a lesson and stand by their man.

4 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

I'm only answering for what I believe the poster meant with his CL comment regarding us, he will want to test his squad against the very best and that would him want to stay here imo.

I'm not commenting on the hypothetical situation of Gerrard getting offered the Liverpool job because it hasn't happened and is unlikely too any time soon.

I think Gerrard would love a crack at the CL with us next season. I think he'd benefit from it too.

But the OP was about if he was approached before then. And the posted I responded to was talking about the lure of the CL for Gerrard. All I'm saying is if Liverpool are also in the CL then that kind of nullifies the argument of him staying with us to sample it. Especially as he'd have a squad that would likely go further.

The thread is about the hypothetical situation of Gerrard/ Liverpool job.

Liverpool come for Gerrard tomorrow he's away ffs it's no even a debate. 

I also think he will be the next manager hopefully it's years down the line but klopp is in deep bother this season. 

Anyone that watched his dortmund team nearer the end of his time am seeing similar at Liverpool 

All there issues are not because VVD is injured 

1 hour ago, ElBufalo20 said:

We’ll have Champions League football next season Liverpool won’t thats a huge incentive surely.

If Liverpool don't get champions league they will be needing a new manager 

With or without CL football he takes the job mate he can't/won't knocked it back. 

When the day comes I have full faith in Ross Wilson to find a replacement 

Archived