Would Gerrard leave us if Klopp left Liverpool?

CR3

Hypothetical. BUT, when you think about it Klopp has won the Champions League, Super Cup, Club World Cup and Premiership already with Liverpool now who are regressing a bit with injuries and form.

Where else can he take that team, that are now in a fight for Top 4?

I know Gerrard is on the brink of winning the league title, still in other competitions and about to do something very special with us.

For talking sake and debate:  do you think Stevie would walk out to grab the Liverpool position IF it was his only chance to become their next manager as bad as the timing was either:  1) if Klopp left anytime before the end of the season.  2) The end of the season 

Having not had a crack at the Champions League with us, it would be gutting not to see that or even bear thinking about but I'd have to say that for him it's probably a job he couldn't turn down.

Scary thought for what he has built for us over the years that we would maybe have to replace him if he was made that offer, that he couldn't refuse.

We were probably expecting this to happen around the contractual ends of both managers in 2024 but I'm doubting Klopp will see it out.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they actively seeked him out yes. 

If the manager’s job is up for grabs I don’t believe he’d throw his hat in the ring just yet. 

At this moment I think Liverpool expect more success. He’d be mental to go just now and basically expect to build a brand new forward line considering the age of the front 3. 

He’ll probably give it another 2-3 years before he considers it and hopefully in that time he’s won multiple trophies here

Btw this hadn’t even been on my radar and it’s really got me thinking now. If their poor form continues and Klopp was to go, surely Gerrard would actually be their number one choice? All seems too early though, I think he’s got at least a season or two left with us before he goes there. 

Not now because I think the prospect of taking us into The Champions League would lead him to stay but the problem we will have is if Klopp doesn't pull them back to the level they were at and Gerrard does well in C L they could come knocking 🤔 so not for a year at least 👍

17 minutes ago, thebluedoo said:

Not now because I think the prospect of taking us into The Champions League would lead him to stay but the problem we will have is if Klopp doesn't pull them back to the level they were at and Gerrard does well in C L they could come knocking 🤔 so not for a year at least 👍

How does that work given Liverpool are in a position to be in the CL too?

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

How does that work given Liverpool are I'm a position to be in the CL too?

As I said the only way I could see Liverpool making an approach would be if they continued to slip up and Stevie G has a good run in the CL next season, not sure where the difficulty is? 

If he leaves with the title in his back pocket, then so be it. Think we would all have wanted that at the start of his reign, struggled to see it at times. Clearly, he is the best manager out of his generation of England players - smart move coming up here compared to Lampard and Rooney.

However, Klopp is ingrained within the Liverpool fans - and will probably stick around to see them back at Anfield.

Obviously he'd go if he's asked, he's basically done the job he signed up for with us, restoring us as the top side in the country, what else can he achieve, might have done better in the cups but he's basically achieved his remit, IL always appreciate Stevie Gerrard for what he's done for us and if he goes at the end of the season to Liverpool then fair doo's.

No offence to the op but i see this stuff posted everytime liverpool have a bad result. He's got plenty credit left in the bank at liverpool and would take a huge collapse for him to get sacked or leave. Gerrard isn't ready yet either and said himself he's not planning on going anywhere

6 minutes ago, thebluedoo said:

As I said the only way I could see Liverpool making an approach would be if they continued to slip up and Stevie G has a good run in the CL next season, not sure where the difficulty is? 

You suggested him taking us into the CL could play a big part in a decision to stay here.

Liverpool are in a CL spot at present and the OP is asking if we think he'd leave for Liverpool. 

As it stands, he could get his boyhood club AND the CL.

11 minutes ago, thebluedoo said:

Come on mate surely these jokes are a bit outdated now 

I don't think the Lampard thing would bother him much as he said he wasn't surprised as it's what Chelsea do.  I can actually envisage Stevie going down to Liverpool and when it inevitably goes tits up at some stage ending up back at Rangers for a second spell.  

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

You suggested him taking us into the CL could play a big part in a decision to stay here.

Liverpool are in a CL spot at present and the OP is asking if we think he'd leave for Liverpool. 

As it stands, he could get his boyhood club AND the CL.

Yes but there is a chance that they may fail to qualify this year and we go straight in, if he has a good run then Liverpool could come knocking am just playing hypatheticals like the op

Archived