Almost there...

BlueSuedeSambas

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

I only meant in the short term basis that we win the next two games and reach the maxs points total they can get. Officially we cant be crowned champions, but realistically the goal difference is "equivalent" to an extra point :thumbup:

You’re not getting the point, goal difference only comes into play if we end up on the same points. To end up on the same points they need to win all their games and we need to lose 6. If that happens (and it won’t) then in all likelihood the goal difference will end up similar, the point of goal difference being an extra point is not true in this instance.  If we were neck and neck with a 21 goal difference advantage with 2 games remaining then yes it would be worth an extra point 

So, we’re 18 points clear on Matchday 30 with 8 games left to play and 24 points to play for. If we assume Rangers aren’t losing a game, then I think these are the scenarios that can play out:

To win the league at Ibrox vs St Mirren on March 5th:

Rangers win

They lose

21 CLEAR; 21 TO PLAY FOR

Rangers win = LEAGUE WON AT IBROX

Rangers win

They lose

21 CLEAR; 21 TO PLAY FOR

Rangers draw = LEAGUE WON AT IBROX

Rangers draw

They lose

19 CLEAR; 21 TO PLAY FOR

Rangers win = LEAGUE WON AT IBROX

To win the league at their final whistle vs Dundee United on March 6th:

Rangers win

They win

18 CLEAR; 21 TO PLAY FOR

Rangers win

They fail to win

= we win the league final whistle at Tannadice 

Rangers win

They draw

20 CLEAR; 21 TO PLAY FOR

Rangers draw

They draw

Rangers draw

They draw

18 CLEAR; 21 TO PLAY FOR

Rangers win

They lose

Rangers draw

They draw

18 CLEAR; 21 TO PLAY FOR

Rangers draw

They lose

= win the league final whistle at Tannadice

Rangers draw

They lose

19 CLEAR; 21 TO PLAY FOR

Rangers draw

They fail to win

= win the league final whistle at Tannadice 

To win the league at Parkhead vs scum on March 20th:

1. We match each other’s results until that game

OR

Rangers win

They draw

20 CLEAR; 21 TO PLAY FOR

Rangers draw

They lose

21 CLEAR; 21 TO PLAY FOR

= draw at Parkhead to win the league

Rangers draw

They win

16 CLEAR; 21 TO PLAY FOR

Rangers win

They draw

18 CLEAR; 18 TO PLAY FOR

Rangers draw

They lose

19 CLEAR; 21 TO PLAY FOR

Rangers draw

They win

16 CLEAR; 18 TO PLAY FOR

13 hours ago, foghorn leghorn said:

Bless you my son, go to confession to repent your sins, but if the priest asks you to go down on your knees, close your eyes and open your mouth - then be aware my alter bhoy.

Bloody hell, is that what happens? No wonder there is such a victim mentality over there. 

Started posting on here Feb 2011 - our last title winning season.

Being English and living down here through our dark days only ever had my Dad and the folk on here to talk to about it, no one ever really got what happened (but most down here did agree it wasn't right). At least I thought they didn't. Had loads of mates texting me these last few weeks wishing us well and hoping we get over the line. 

I think this is one of the world's most remarkable stories of recovery in football. We'll be drinking it in no doubt but I expect the coverage to be more widespread than a usual title win in Scotland, so enjoy it Bears! I know you will. 

And thank fuck for RM during those dark days, we were all in it together - with different views but ultimately the same goal and look where we're about to be. 

35 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Started posting on here Feb 2011 - our last title winning season.

Being English and living down here through our dark days only ever had my Dad and the folk on here to talk to about it, no one ever really got what happened (but most down here did agree it wasn't right). At least I thought they didn't. Had loads of mates texting me these last few weeks wishing us well and hoping we get over the line. 

I think this is one of the world's most remarkable stories of recovery in Football. We'll be drinking it in no doubt but I expect the coverage to be more widespread than a usual title win in Scotland, so enjoy it Bears! I know you will. 

And thank fuck for RM during those dark days, we were all in it together - with different views but ultimately the same goal and look where we're about to be. 

Great post mate. 

3 hours ago, tm91 said:

Well said bud. I lost my Dad in 2014 and he was as big a fan of us as you could get - it never fails to get me down to realise that when he passed Rangers were at their lowest and he never got to see his club back where they belong. But the memory of them makes the victory so much sweeter, and we can celebrate for them as well as us. And if that means a few extra drinks.... well so be it!

Spot on brother 😉👍🇬🇧

6 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Great post.

I lost my Grandad 3 days before Xmas there, he had been going to Ibrox for over 70 years.

Had a season ticket since they began, he was very fortunate to survive the Ibrox disaster.

I'm sure wherever he is, he will having a whiskey celebrating 55 with my Gran, Aunt, his parents and brothers etc.

To absent friends. 

😉👍🇬🇧

On 22/02/2021 at 10:53, Boybluesy said:

18 points in front and level on games.  +23  goals difference.  8 games to go.  It's never happened in my lifetime.

We could have had a massive lead by the end of the 09-10 season but took our foot off the gas big time. They had a fair few 18+ points leads over us in my time so to do this this of all seasons is just, uft, how do you put it into words? Honestly haha 

Archived