** Last 16 Europa League **

BlueVanguard

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Leverkusen aside we’ve had some very friendly draws in Europe.

It's true, between Ufa, good groups, Antwerp and Slavia Praha we've done pretty well in the draws.

However, Braga and Leverkusen were tough draws. And the worst of them all (at the stage of the competition it was given at) was Galatasaray which I feel many forget we had to beat to even make it to the comp this year.

Overall, it's fairly evened itself out but certainly been given winnable draws the majority of time. Haven't yet had a top team who was an instant knock out yet at an earlier stage yet. Galatasaray would have been seen as that 2 years ago and even now it was still a great achievement to qualify from that. 

19 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

That Midjtylland result was mental. 3 late goals, was undeserved.

Decent side and close tie but not better than Benfica imho.

I can only talk about them last year tbh, can't remember if I've seen them this year. From memory they were excellent against Inter and Barcelona for large spells and were quite unlucky.

11 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Good shout. Yeah would say a similar standard mate.

Looking at their form in Europe, they’re definitely decent at home, but their away record isn’t great (lost to Leverkusen, Hapoel Be’er Sheva and Midtjylland as previously mentioned, and quite heavily each time). They did beat Nice and Leicester, though Nice are just above the relegation zone in Ligue 1 and Rodgers has a pretty shocking record in Europe.

I think as long as we don’t lose over in Prague, we can definitely get a result at home.

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I can only talk about them last year tbh, can't remember if I've seen them this year. From memory they were excellent against Inter and Barcelona for large spells and were quite unlucky.

Since then they’ve sold Soucek, who was their captain and by far their best player, I imagine that’s definitely weakened them a bit this season.

3 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Will they not all be champions of their league therefore seeded like us should we progress from this round?

Nah seedings are coefficient based, we'll be on the Champions path (how good does that sound) so meet the Champions of other countries around us in the National rankings.

11 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Depends what stance their government want to take on it. They could go into lockdown but still let us in. Would be good for us if it was moved somewhere a bit closer.

Archived