******The Official Champions V Hibs Match Thread*****

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barisic is a great player, but if we got a really good offer to sell him, i would consider it.

I dont think he fully suits our play style if im honest.

He is all about the quality of his delivery, which is undoubtedly top class.

He does struggle from a lack of pace and directness though. If you compare him to the way Tav plays, I think that would suit us more on the left side. Someone who is very direct, takes players on and can get forward and act as a forward.

If we could get between 15-20m for Barisic, then I would take the money and use it to invest in this type of player and bank the rest.

In saying that, he is still top class, so would not mind hanging on to him. 

5 minutes ago, rangersross said:

We need a player who can do the Jack (formerly Kevin Thomson) role for us every week. I'd obviously love if that was RJ himself but, failing that, signing one should be a priority for us in the summer. 

Agreed. Jack has been great for us under Gerrard but he misses too many key games and is unreliable due to his injuries.

Few times barisic has looked sloppy, but a few times we've gave the ball away so cheaply with davis trying they big long balls that arent even close to hitting kent, hibs then break down our left and cause us issues, 

When we keep it on the deck we cut through teams, dunno why davis tries they big long balls

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Barisic is a great player, but if we got a really good offer to sell him, i would consider it.

He does struggle from a lack of pace and directness though. If you compare him to the way Tav plays, I think that would suit us more on the left side. Someone who is very direct, takes players on and can get forward and act as a forward.

If we could get between 15-20m for Barisic, then I would take the money and use it to invest in this type of player and bank the rest.

I’d take that money too, but hope he stays. Having said that he’s making Balogun look like a full back today.

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I get labelled as hating Barisic all the time which I don’t but if we had to sell one player in this team in the summer he’d be the one I’d let go 

No doubt his delivery is first class but he doesn’t offer the kind of direct attacking threat you get from Tav and he can be more than a little suspect going the other way at times 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Few times barisic has looked sloppy, but a few times we've gave the ball away so cheaply with davis trying they big long balls that arent even close to hitting kent, hibs then break down our left and cause us issues, 

When we keep it on the deck we cut through teams, dunno why davis tries they big long balls

Clever passes as Kevin Thomson calls them 

Archived