Nathan Patterson

KingKirk

There were one or 2 errors in his game today .But that’s what you get with youth and inexperience .magnified because defenders errors can be more costly than an attacker making even more errors .

But apart from that I thought he was superb .The run where he cut inside the box and his shot just hit the side net was sublime .He has more skill than Tav and its only a matter of time before he makes the RB slot his own .

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People simply assess based on his age and because Tav is captain and has had a decent season (Aug - Christmas)

The kid is ready NOW and is arguably better than Tavernier. That's based on watching football rather than sentiment.

I remember a game when Tav caused us an OF game and everyone wanted rid of him.

The game cam be cruel and ruthless at times but it is played in the now.

Absolutely no way Patterson should get dropped based on all his appearances to date. There will be no controversy however, as the suspension on Tuesday will take that out of Gerrard's hands.

(and I do not have a dislike for Tav)

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

People simply assess based on his age and because Tav is captain and has had a decent season (Aug - Christmas)

The kid is ready NOW and is arguably better than Tavernier. That's based on watching football rather than sentiment.

I remember a game when Tav caused us an OF game and everyone wanted rid of him.

The game cam be cruel and ruthless at times but it is played in the now.

Absolutely no way Patterson should get dropped based on all his appearances to date. There will be no controversy however, as the suspension on Tuesday will take that out of Gerrard's hands.

(and I do not have a dislike for Tav)

Lol

Thank fuck you're not in charge then.

1 minute ago, We Will Follow Rangers said:

Lol

Thank fuck you're not in charge then.

It's a sentimental thing and I get it. Fans feel sorry for our captain missing out in the run-in to 55. If anyone deserves the plaudits, it's Tavernier for enduring so much and this is the main reason why he is still the preferred choice amongst fans. I understand that.

But the bottom line is Nathan Patterson has barely put a foot wrong and is ready.

Tavernier used to do my head in when Daniel Candies linked up with him the one twos &  passing from him Was pish after DC had made the run beyond the spare defender that was man marking him he'd bought the space but was always let down by the piss poor passing of Tavernier  where he should have been more direct & prompt in his release of the ball

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

It's a sentimental thing and I get it. Fans feel sorry for our captain missing out in the run-in to 55. If anyone deserves the plaudits, it's Tavernier for enduring so much and this is the main reason why he is still the preferred choice amongst fans. I understand that.

But the bottom line is Nathan Patterson has barely put a foot wrong and is ready.

:lol:

Fuck all to do with sentiment and everything to do with the fact our captain is among our best players.

NP is a raw inexperienced kid who's played very well today but is still learning his trade and not at Tav's level yet.

:lol:

Fuck all to do with sentiment and everything to do with the fact our captain is among our best players.

NP is a raw inexperienced kid who's played very well today but is still learning his trade and not at Tav's level yet.

You make it sound like today was the first good game he played. Is he fuck raw. You assume he is because of his age. If you come to that conclusion based on his performances then it is me who is glad you are not the manager.

12 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

You make it sound like today was the first good game he played. Is he fuck raw. You assume he is because of his age. If you come to that conclusion based on his performances then it is me who is glad you are not the manager.

Slavia targeted his rawness quite successfully.

Tav's the better player right now, face facts ffs he's also our leader on the park integral to the way we play and at the heart of everything we do in an attacking sense. We've been a weaker team without him.

Slavia targeted his rawness quite successfully.

Tav's the better player right now, face facts ffs he's also our leader on the park integral to the way we play and at the heart of everything we do in an attacking sense. We've been a weaker team without him.

Well we will have to disagree except for the leadership qualities.

(And the Slavia first goal at Ibrox was bad marking from Arfield to allow the cross not Patterson.)

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

Well we will have to disagree except for the leadership qualities.

(And the Slavia first goal at Ibrox was bad marking from Arfield to allow the cross not Patterson.)

Mate, I'm also a huge fan of NP he has the potential to be a top top player but he isnt replacing Tav just yet,  yes he should getting a fair whack of games next season and hopefully prevent Tav getting burnt out as he has been the last two seasons as we've asked too much of him.

Ideally he can continue his development in preparation for Tav getting moved on next summer, but I wouldn't rule out the possibly of an EPL side coming in for him either.

I seem to recall we were in a minority of about 3 a few months ago when everyone else wanted NP to never play for us again. now we seen constantly at odds about him:lol:

11 minutes ago, We Will Follow Rangers said:

Mate, I'm also a huge fan of NP he has the potential to be a top top player but he isnt replacing Tav just yet,  yes he should getting a fair whack of games next season and hopefully prevent Tav getting burnt out as he has been the last two seasons as we've asked too much of him.

Ideally he can continue his development in preparation for Tav getting moved on next summer, but I wouldn't rule out the possibly of an EPL side coming in for him either.

I seem to recall we were in a minority of two a few months ago when everyone else wanted NP to never play for us again. now we seen constantly at odds about him:lol:

If Leeds (his boyhood team) came calling for say 10m... would you sell knowing what we have in NP or is there a loyalty to Tav from management and fans?

Just now, bluenoz said:

If Leeds (his boyhood team) came calling for say 10m... would you sell knowing what we have in NP or is there a loyalty to Tav from management and fans?

There's no room for sentiment mate, Tav signed a new deal to protect our asset, means not a lot when it comes to a decent offer. Every player has a price. My preference would next summer though.

It has been a good case of squad management from management.

Appealed against young Nathans covid ban, that will come, until Tav is fit again. Which according to SG he is.

The boy is a fantastic prospect for us and he will only get better.

some player, can see he's learned from Tav, choppin inside etc, he can really play and pass, just gliding by players at times and can defend, gets stuck in seen him at lb at times we really have a talent on our hands one layz pass to let them in but still young.

Archived