Rangers clinch new long-term shirt sponsorship with Kindred Group (32Red & Unibet)

JMac_88

Rangers ANNOUNCE MULTI-YEAR PARTNERSHIP EXTENSION WITH 32RED

https://www.Rangers.co.uk/article/Rangers-announce-multi-year-partnership-extension-with-32red/3e96tycaFQDJBQJGziSoj5

--

I'd like to know the figures and how much it is compared to other British clubs. 

We are certainly organised at the moment. 

I'm not the greatest fan of betting companies but I'm pragmatic enough to be happy so long as the Club is getting the best deal. I don't know any of the numbers but I suspect we are still short of when our commercial arm was one of the largest in UK football. The reality of playing in a smaller league and with (currently) not a regular Champions League platform means that whether we like it or not 'A list' sponsors won't rush to us yet, but hopefully this will be better than the last 32Red deal and a sign of ongoing strengthening of that side of our operation. 

As long as the money is good not bothered about any other consideration, individuals are responsible for their actions no one else.

Deaths due to alcohol specific causes are at record highs yet no one  batted an eyelid when we were sponsored by shit beer or cider producers.

27 of England's top 44 clubs have gambling related sponsors that's just the way it is. gambling is inherently linked with football

15 hours ago, theblueoysterbar said:

What harm does a betting company do to society? It's a free choice on whether to use them or not.

Most people are in control of their vices. It's not to be blamed on them that some people aren't.

You wanting a ban on brewers and distillers as well?

32Red have been fined for encouraging problem gamblers to keep betting, to be fair. 

Of course people should be free to gamble, drink etc, but that doesn't mean the industries that profit from exploiting these habits behave respectably.

17 hours ago, SonicWill said:

Really disappointing that we're still going with betting companies. Makes us look like every other team and sends the wrong message, given the harm they do to society.

Hopefully Government action will crack down on these companies being sponsors.

I agree, but between the choice of a betting sponsor and a booze one, I'd take the former. And yes, I spot the irony in my avatar.

Wse aren't a club (yet) to pick our sponsors - they choose us.

When I become a bitcoin trillionaire I'm going to hand the team a few mil NOT to have any fuckery on the shirts - just like in the good old days.

Jimmy Hill has a lot to answer for.

7 hours ago, JamieD said:

32Red have been fined for encouraging problem gamblers to keep betting, to be fair. 

Of course people should be free to gamble, drink etc, but that doesn't mean the industries that profit from exploiting these habits behave respectably.

Surely that shows that there is a fairly robust system in place to keep these companies in check.

5 hours ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Surely that shows that there is a fairly robust system in place to keep these companies in check.

If it was robust, the gambling companies wouldn't breach the rules and need to be fined. In any case, we're not advertising the Gambling Commission. The existence of a regulator doesn't make the regulated organisation somehow more respectable. 

The only companies wanting to throw money at us are going to be dodgy in some way or another. We don't have to kid ourselves that they aren't just to feel better about it.