The Euros

20 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

What’s this got to do with Scotland claiming to be unofficial world champions in 67 long before some crack pot decided to make an unofficial world championships 

it existed long before the guy wrote about it. Infact it was even reported at the time.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

what makes it a derby?

Local rivals i mean do a quick search of international rivalries and it doesn't even make a list why is that.

Its because sad people in Scotland try to make something its not, the majority of English call Germany,Argentina even the roi rivals before the Scottish are even considered.

Scotland fans have a massive chip on there shoulder.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

A really don’t get the media/fans being unbearable as if the Scottish equivalents are better.

Incredibly, the Spanish media are unbearable when Spain win things, the French are unbearable when the French win and the Italians are unbearable when the Italians win things. I'm sure if you asked any non-Rangers fan, we're unbearable when we win things too.

67 was a good year for Scotland. 2 teams in European finals. We lost ours in extra time to Bayern. Killie, I think were in the SF of the 3rd ranked European competition. Scotland beat the then World champions at Wembley.

A year that will never be repeated.

Just now, The Dude said:

it existed long before the guy wrote about it. Infact it was even reported at the time.

Aye the Scottish media and fans claiming to be unofficial world champions that’s where the idea came from for the UFWC. It’s a pile of shite.

Do you think any of the current Italian team would even have a scooby that they are the current unofficial world champions, they’d probably laugh at the idea 

Just now, sRcFoCt said:

Local rivals i mean do a quick search of international rivalries and it doesn't even make a list why is that.

Its because sad people in Scotland try to make something its not, the majority of English call Germany,Argentina even the roi rivals before the Scottish are even considered.

Scotland fans have a massive chip on there shoulder.

So local rivals you say. Now I dont know how well you performed at Geography when you were at school, but could you name me a country that's any closer to Scotland than England?

I hope you're not as bad at geography as it appears you are at using google (although it seems you are)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/England–Scotland_football_rivalry

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

A really don’t get the media/fans being unbearable as if the Scottish equivalents are better.

BBC scotland the night scotland played Croatia was probably the most biased self centred show i had ever heard.

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Incredibly, the Spanish media are unbearable when Spain win things, the French are unbearable when the French win and the Italians are unbearable when the Italians win things. I'm sure if you asked any non-Rangers fan, we're unbearable when we win things too.

I’d hate if we weren’t.

They keep greeting that they don’t shut up about 66 as if the Tarriers don’t do it with 67 or we don’t sing about 72, even Aberdeen and their CWC

3 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

67 was a good year for Scotland. 2 teams in European finals. We lost ours in extra time to Bayern. Killie, I think were in the SF of the 3rd ranked European competition. Scotland beat the then World champions at Wembley.

A year that will never be repeated.

Awful year.

1 minute ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Aye the Scottish media and fans claiming to be unofficial world champions that’s where the idea came from for the UFWC. It’s a pile of shite.

Do you think any of the current Italian team would even have a scooby that they are the current unofficial world champions, they’d probably laugh at the idea 

Where did the idea for the Ballon D'Or come from? (I'll give you a clue, it was the French media)

The italians might know, I've absolutely no idea.

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So local rivals you say. Now I dont know how well you performed at Geography when you were at school, but could you name me a country that's any closer to Scotland than England?

I hope you're not as bad at geography as it appears you are at using google (although it seems you are)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/England–Scotland_football_rivalry

Fur fuck sake dude next you'll be saying queens park Rangers or partick thistle will be Rangers rivals,  Aye cause Wikipedia is the fountain of truth 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂.

Go have a look at pro English websites then have a look at pro Scottish webistes

dude they don't give a fuck about Scotland accept and come to terms with it Scotland football team is fuck nothing.

9 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I have no doubt that this is the case. I think the difference is that the UK is in a unique position of having 4 countries as its constituent parts and that's why its not the same.

When Italian or Spanish media are blowing off in their pocket its getting broadcast to the population of Italy and Spain. When the BBC or ITV do it for England, its getting broadcast to 3 other countries who don't care even half as much.

1 minute ago, sRcFoCt said:

Fur fuck sake dude next you'll be saying queens park Rangers or partick thistle will be Rangers rivals,  Aye cause Wikipedia is the fountain of truth 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂.

Go have a look at pro English websites then have a look at pro Scottish webistes

dude they don't give a fuck about Scotland accept and come to terms with it Scotland football team is fuck nothing.

To a lesser extent, they are local rivals.

I've been in Eengland during major tournaments and during Scotland v England games. I've been there when shite like the six nations is on and we've been playing them. To say England don't care about beating Scotland is a nonsense.

Literally nobody in the thread has said the Scotland national team are some sort of world beaters. Far from it. They're shite. Being shite doesn't mean a rivalry stops. If it did, there would be big chunks of history where the Old firm didnt exist because we were shite or they were shite.

Just now, SkylineBlue said:

I have no doubt that this is the case. I think the difference is that the UK is in a unique position of having 4 countries as its constituent parts and that's why its not the same.

When Italian or Spanish media are blowing off in their pocket its getting broadcast to the population of Italy and Spain. When the BBC or ITV do it for England, its getting broadcast to 3 other countries who don't care even half as much.

Thats what happens when we demand special treatment in a footballing context with the four separate nations within the UK. STV's coverage was equally as partisan of Scotland games without an eyebrow raised. Regional UK broadcasters like STV could choose to put their own less England focused coverage but would rather save the money and just piggy back on the back of ITV's network coverage since it is cheaper for them.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Where did the idea for the Ballon D'Or come from? (I'll give you a clue, it was the French media)

The italians might know, I've absolutely no idea.

Don’t know why you’re comparing the Ballon D’Or to the UFWC it’s totally different ones regarded as the most prestigious Individual award  a footballer can receive and has been awarded since 1956. Your claim that’s it’s not recognised by any official body is not entirely true 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballon_d'Or

9 minutes ago, sRcFoCt said:

Course they do. They hate them, even  sing songs about Scotland :lol: