Hampden

Blacky Bear

Been watching pish Internationals since last week

Our very own Relic known as the National Stadium or Hampden, is right down there with all the so called 3rd world or Minnows shitholes.

Defo worst in Uk, easily worst in civilised Europe.

SFA and SNP should hang their heads in shame.

12 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Needs redeveloped to remove the track and bowl shape. What's that? 150 million minimum? An awful lot of cash.

The architect who did Stuttgart's said in 2018 he reckons it would cost about £90m. I'd add about 10% to that now, so about £100m. 

On 08/09/2021 at 22:07, Unionblue said:

Been there when it held over 100k and the atmosphere was far better when  you could get pished oot yer skull, strangely !

edit, not for internationals, fuck that pish

Aye , in a strange way you miss that big cloud of dust at the Rangers end every time we scored :lol:. Dont think we'll ever replicate the atmosphere we had back then.  

20 hours ago, gmcf said:

Aye , in a strange way you miss that big cloud of dust at the Rangers end every time we scored :lol:. Dont think we'll ever replicate the atmosphere we had back then.  

Pretty sure “railway sleepers and dirt” won’t be part of any new design

:lol:

Always a bloody nightmare travelling to and from Hampden, terrible transportation, parking etc. Should have always built a new stadium nearer motorways etc. fit for the 21st century. In comparison look at the Millennium stadium in Cardiff. The clowns at the SFA that took the decision at the time definitely guilty of thinking with their hearts rather than their heads.

22 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I don't think Hampden is near enough as bad as what people make it out to be.

It’s iconic but it’s been neglected to an unacceptable level aesthetically. Big rusty girders are all you can see on your way to the ground and it just looks so lifeless.

The idea of moving the national stadium to a different location should be a non starter. Scottish football doesn't have much, but it does have history and tradition. Should always be careful when messing with the positives our game has. 

Transport links are actually pretty decent imo. Stands just need to be brought closer to the pitch with better views.

• 4 months later...
On 14/09/2021 at 12:29, McEwan's Lager said:

I don't think Hampden is near enough as bad as what people make it out to be.

It's a cunt of a stadium plain and simple,   Wasted all that lottery money on one stand and a roof and a few seats,  it's too small and there should be no track around it .

Now imagine the millennium stadium roof closed full of us and them in a Scottish cup final, but instead we have a cunt of a national stadium which has not got a patch on Ibrox which kept with tradition when doing it up which also started in the late 70's decades before Hampden was remodelled.

Just need the corners filled in now a screens moved 

5 hours ago, Copland bear said:

It's a cunt of a stadium plain and simple,   Wasted all that lottery money on one stand and a roof and a few seats,  it's too small and there should be no track around it .

Now imagine the millennium stadium roof closed full of us and them in a Scottish cup final, but instead we have a cunt of a national stadium which has not got a patch on Ibrox which kept with tradition when doing it up which also started in the late 70's decades before Hampden was remodelled.

Just need the corners filled in now a screens moved 

People make out like its the worst ground in the history of football though and it isn't. That's what my point was. Four months ago :lol: 

On 16/01/2022 at 20:31, McEwan's Lager said:

People make out like its the worst ground in the history of football though and it isn't. That's what my point was. Four months ago :lol: 

It's a cunt of a ground full stop,  I am only 10 minutes from it and the traveling is no problem it's the fact you can't see fuck all up the other end if you are more than half way back,  compared to Wembley and the millennium stadium u think we got a raw deal.

Ibrox itself is 10 times better. 

36 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

It's a cunt of a ground full stop,  I am only 10 minutes from it and the traveling is no problem it's the fact you can't see fuck all up the other end if you are more than half way back,  compared to Wembley and the millennium stadium u think we got a raw deal.

Ibrox itself is 10 times better. 

Accessibility into the ground once in the stadium footprint is better at Hampden than Ibrox. Easier to exit the stadium too.

Better leg room in seats, concourse size and food drink options too than at Ibrox.

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Accessibility into the ground once in the stadium footprint is better at Hampden than Ibrox. Easier to exit the stadium too.

Better leg room in seats, concourse size and food drink options too than at Ibrox.

I've never understood why we haven't extended out our concourses by taking away the office space at the back of the copland and Broomloan. And built out at lower levels.

Maybe only be worth it if they could sell alcohol in the stadium mind you

46 minutes ago, lewislaudrup said:

I've never understood why we haven't extended out our concourses by taking away the office space at the back of the copland and Broomloan. And built out at lower levels.

Maybe only be worth it if they could sell alcohol in the stadium mind you

Yeah it certainly is one of the limiting features of Ibrox. I've said this on here a number of times but the three late 70s, early 80s stands you would knock down and start again if we had the cash.