*****The Official Motherwell V Rangers Match Thread*****

ForeverAndEver

17 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Don’t need to if there was interest before as there is still likely to be now. His agent will no doubt be looking for a move if he can’t get the game time he needs in order to develop.

Aye but we’ll get more money for a first-choice player than one who has barely played in sox months :lol: 

At least the team has been "freshened" up a bit, I'm all for consistency of selection but those selected have been gash.  Tavernier bullet-proof being captain; so much for Gerrard trying out different formations to get them both in the team; that would mean changing your formation that doesn't work!  Oh well. 

FFS I'm moaning and the game hasn't even started, Moody out. 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

This. He could be playing every minute of every game but if someone offers the figure the club wants, he's gone.

And do you know what, for as much as I rate Patterson, I don’t think it would be bad business if we got 10-12 million for him and then reinvested a third of it in Ramsay from Aberdeen as our long term right back.

People will think that’s a mental suggestion, but as a club that is going to be our model going forward whether people like it or not.

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

And do you know what, for as much as I rate Patterson, I don’t think it would be bad business if we got 10-12 million for him and then reinvested a third of it in Ramsay from Aberdeen as our long term right back.

People will think that’s a mental suggestion, but as a club that is going to be our model going forward whether people like it or not.

If someone offers 10-12million for Patterson, It's phenomenal business for us and he'll be on the first plane out.

3 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Aye but we’ll get more money for a first-choice player than one who has barely played in sox months :lol: 

For what it’s worth I don’t think we want to sell him. We’ll have a price, if it’s met he’s off. If he’s not playing and he’s unhappy about that then he’ll likely be off for less than we are looking for.

We keep harping on about never having youth players come through and when we get one we expect him to be happy getting barely any game time.

That being said if an English club comes in and offers him stupid money per week he’ll want to go anyway.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

If someone offers 10-12million for Patterson, It's phenomenal business for us and he'll be on the first plane out.

Got to agree, if that kind of money came in for a 20 year old with the number of games he has played it would be very good and if a good chunk of that can be reinvested then it’s not the worst outcome.

Now if Tav moved for that money, then you get to keep Patterson and get the money to invest

8 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

:lol:

1 minute ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Got to agree, if that kind of money came in for a 20 year old with the number of games he has played it would be very good and if a good chunk of that can be reinvested then it’s not the worst outcome.

Now if Tav moved for that money, then you get to keep Patterson and get the money to invest

If Tav moves for that money I'll be delighted, must have meant we've won the Champions League the previous season! 

Just now, Valance1690 said:

If Tav moves for that money I'll be delighted, must have meant we've won the Champions League the previous season! 

He’s club captain, has a great scoring and assist record, if an EPL club decided they really wanted him we could demand that sort of money (8m+ at least)

5 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

Love the positive attitude mate hwg

Had hoped the last few results would have given Gerrard the kick up the backside.

Maybe try and get Patterson in the team and play 2 out and out wingers. Drop Arfield and play Tav on the wing

1 minute ago, Valance1690 said:

Any window of opportunity we had to get big money for Tavernier is closed now I think.