Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

37 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

Aye, I do. I hold Gerrard's against him too for the manner in which we lost to Malmo, but for me it's not on the level of Kaunas, Zizkov, Maribor. 

Absolutely, but Gerrard hasn't had the luxury of any automatic entries. All the other gaffers had a solid foundation to build upon for their domestic success after taking over. Perhaps only Smith's second tenure, his Manchester season, is different as he had inherited a shambles. But even then - he didn't have the same baggage. You could argue Advocaat, but commercially, financially etc we were nowhere near the shaky ground we had when Gerrard came in. 

As I said, he's not a perfect manager by any stretch but he's obviously a good one. Particularly for his age. To argue against that, as some have been, is pure reactionary nonsense. I say that as someone who is appalled by how he has left. Gerrard's success required him to actually rebuild the sort of foundations that existed pre-2012 for every Rangers manager. 

Yeah at times smith had auto entries, but his euro record doesn't have the benefit also of being boosted by beating the likes of st josephs etc, walter, advocaat, even eck all had one qualifier, no competitive games beforehand, to get to the CL, smith winning 7-3 in Russia, advocaat beating parma over two legs, hell even eck beating copenhagen away from home after Ferguson done a runner, 

Gerrard done great in europe, but arguably he didnt do any better than his successful predecessors, and as i said the rest of them were winning cup and leagues at home while doing it

4 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Super had his say:

“Stopping celtic doing 10 is as high on the list as you can get.

"But, being brutally honest, there is a bad taste in some of the supporters' mouths about the way it has happened.

"Particularly after that interview where Emma asked the question, as she should. That's her job.

"The answer implied 'I'm going nowhere'. I think we can all agree on that."

His answer to her will haunt him forever, no one will ever trust a word that comes out of his mouth again, gone from a man who was viewed as having high integrity to just another common liar

Story coming out from a Liverpool fan ,Gerrard wasn’t happy with being told he didn’t have any say on who was being sold over next 2 windows .

I explained that he would never have had that power anyway .

So if there is any truth in that story shows he had gotten too big for his boots and forgotten why he was actually there .

11 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Story coming out from a Liverpool fan ,Gerrard wasn’t happy with being told he didn’t have any say on who was being sold over next 2 windows .

So if there is any truth in that story shows he had gotten too big for his boots and forgotten why he was actually there .

Ironically Henry Winter saying in the Times today that Gerrard has no ego .

Winter has always been an arse licker who praises the dark side.

3 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Smith, champions league group stage numerous occasions, uefa cup final, uefa cup last 32, thats just his second era

Advocaat, uefa cup last 64 lost to the winners, beating bayer leverkusen on the way, 2 CL group stage appearances one which we dominated bayern munich home and away, final season he took us by Xmas in europe for the first time in a decade

Kinda doing them a disservice are we not? 

Smith got last 16 in 10/11 did he not, PSV, also 16 in 06/07, although he managed one round.

3 minutes ago, Willis said:

Beale on social media. Glad to hear he likes us enough to want to come back one day and fuck off 1/3 way thru the season again.

Screenshot_20211112-122023_Chrome.jpg

Aye fuck off Michael. Nothing to do with you leaving and getting a multi million pound deal at Aston Villa with King Rat. Stick it up your  fucking arse! 

8 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

He won one trophy in all the time he was here and completely embarrassed us in many cup competitions against shite teams because he is tactically clueless , as Villa will find out quick enough.

Time wont heal this regarding this rat bastard , he will never get any credit from me

Why you upset that he is away if you think he is tactically useless and he kept embarrassing us in cups....you should be delighted....not bitter:confused:

4 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Do you hold mccoists one attempt at the CL against him? 

And for every kaunas walter had, he had a CL group stage, think he had 6 group stage campaigns overall (might be more) 

Plus all these other gaffers won many domestic honours while doing it in europe

I asked you this the other night and funnily enough you didn't have a reply

Are you seriously comparing Advocaat spending 70million 22/23 to winning 5 domestic trophies against what Gerrard spent to deliver 1 league....if you are I seriously want to know what drugs you are taking?

Advocaat was signing good standard international players for 4-5 million without batting an eyelid, Gerrard was spending 1.5-3 million on players like Katic, Grezda &Goldson, eventually he would get to spend 7million on Kent

Jeezo Jim that is a ridiculous comparison to be making 

Ps fuck knows what that 70million would equate to in todays money.....well over a 100million I would suspect.....just let that sink in when you are genuinely trying to make comparisons

31 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Aye fuck off Michael. Nothing to do with you leaving and getting a multi million pound deal at Aston Villa with King Rat. Stick it up your  fucking arse! 

Unless we offered him the manager's job he wouldn't really have the option of staying, would he?

2 hours ago, magic8ball said:

A manager should have no say on who we decide to sell as a club?

Mental take that.