New Manager Thread - Poll Amended

ElBufalo20

Should We Remove The Poll?  

859 members have voted

1. 1. Your Choice?

• Dan Deacon Has Ginger Pubes
    • No

6 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

aye like mcinnes ffs, all this 'he needs to know what scottish football is like' shite fuck sake its football its quite universal its not like scottish football is so unique in the world and im sure hes watched a few games over the years too

We’re half way through a season and we’ve livi away in a couple of weeks.

Like it or not we do need someone involved who knows a bit about Scottish football 

1 minute ago, ElBufalo20 said:

We’re half way through a season and we’ve livi away in a couple of weeks.

Like it or not we do need someone involved who knows a bit about Scottish football 

they play with 10 men behind the ball and foul like fuck, there give me the job

fucksake to say that GVB needs someone like mcinness or any other Scotsman is an insult to him

1 hour ago, Rowley Birkin said:

wheres this sudden need for GVB to have a scottish #2 come from? and why the insult that we need someone 'who gets scottish football' and 'who know what its all about' im quite sure he knows all about football and certainly more about scottish football than gerrard did before he came here

if there was any half decent scottish coaches going they would have been considered for the #1 job but theres none and certainly not any cunt like mciness or alex neil should be anywhere near the commentary team on RTV never mind the management staff

Mcann might have failed as the number one but he would be invaluable to gio on his knowledge of the Scottish game. Someone should have told Warburton not to play so high when you've got a jumped up Tim who is rapid playing for St Johnston and not to sign him.

Or how brutal that prick from killie power was as a player or any other hacking fucker from the dross of our league is. A bit of Scottish football intelligence is needed especially mid way through the season.  

1 hour ago, Rowley Birkin said:

wheres this sudden need for GVB to have a scottish #2 come from? and why the insult that we need someone 'who gets scottish football' and 'who know what its all about' im quite sure he knows all about football and certainly more about scottish football than gerrard did before he came here

if there was any half decent scottish coaches going they would have been considered for the #1 job but theres none and certainly not any cunt like mciness or alex neil should be anywhere near the commentary team on RTV never mind the management staff

PLG failed as a result of knowing nothing of Scottish football. Not quite the same as GVB but all the same

22 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

aye like mcinnes ffs, all this 'he needs to know what scottish football is like' shite fuck sake its football its quite universal its not like scottish football is so unique in the world and im sure hes watched a few games over the years too

What you talking about ya crackpot, McInnes isn’t coming in as number 2/3 to anybody!  
it’s got nothing to do with ‘Scottish’ football, it’s local knowledge! Would be the same for any foreign manager in taking over in another country! Paul Le Gurns a prime example of how it’s not as simple as footballs universal! 

11 minutes ago, stuart1994 said:

I disagree with needing to know about Scottish football tbh. Don’t think it’s a necessity would much rather he got his own people in he knows and trusts rather than someone thrust upon him because he knows Scotland. 

Having somebody Scottish doesn’t mean it’s somebody thrust upon him..

2 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

What you talking about ya crackpot, McInnes isn’t coming in as number 2/3 to anybody!  
it’s got nothing to do with ‘Scottish’ football, it’s local knowledge! Would be the same for any foreign manager in taking over in another country! Paul Le Gurns a prime example of how it’s not as simple as footballs universal! 

im citing mcinnes because hes been talked about in this thread ya arsehole nut who do you suggest g the job alex neil? mcann after all he talks a good game on TV and as for its nothing to do with scottish football its local knowledge WIT?

and if we need a scottish person as a number 2 why not just give him the fucking number 1 job as i said its an insult to GVB and his team and also the scottish guy who gets it

I think Gio needs at least one Scottish coach to help with the transition back into the Scottish game just like Gerrard needed McAlistar.

Looking through all the names that played with Gio and still have a recent knowledge of the Scottsh game there are very few who are available and fit the bill outwith McCann. The other available one is McInnes who, say what you want about him, isnt going to take a coaching role.

Ferguson, Dodds & Lovenkrands (as good as Scottish) have all just taken up jobs recently along with Allan Johnston who has his own job. We've had Johansson already and I think that option is best left in the past. The only other one that fits the criteria is Kenny Miller who I just do not trust for whatever reason:lol:

Just now, SIRB_72 said:

I think Gio needs at least one Scottish coach to help with the transition back into the Scottish game just like Gerrard needed McAlistar.

Looking through all the names that played with Gio and still have a recent knowledge of the Scottsh game there are very few who are available and fit the bill outwith McCann. The other available one is McInnes who, say what you want about him, isnt going to take a coaching role.

Ferguson, Dodds & Lovenkrands have all just taken up jobs recently along with Allan Johnston who has his own job. We've had Johansson already and I think that option is best left in the past. The only other one that fits the criteria is Kenny Miller who I just do not trust for whatever reason:lol:

ive seen this shite on here too what knowledge did mcallister have of scottish football?

Just now, Rowley Birkin said:

ive seen this shite on here too what knowledge did mcallister have of scottish football?

Very good point tbh mate:lol: I certainly think he would have kept an eye on the game up here and certainly us. I think he would have been part of Gerrard's team regardless though!

2 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Very good point tbh mate:lol: I certainly think he would have kept an eye on the game up here and certainly us. I think he would have been part of Gerrard's team regardless though!

i totally agree and if someone like mccann was part of GVBs team for the past few years i'd be happy with that 

McCann is meticulous at identifiying players and what threat they will pose. Even players breaking through he has a wealth of knowledge and would be excellent as a coach in GVB's team.

Sure he has struggled as a manager but some people just aren't up to the top job and plenty drop into the coaching side. Gary MaC and Jimmy Nicholl are 2 I can think of.

If GVB doesn't tap into McCann's or another coach who knows the game up here as well as he does then I think he might struggle domestically at times. He needs someone who identifies a big 6ft 7" beanpole who comes on late to try and score from a set piece. How teams play their corners and free kicks and if goalies have any weaknesses. We have scraped a few games by the odd goal so whilst we need to improve attacking we can't afford to switch off at the back any more than we do already. Having players on the pitch who know the game is great but they can only influence the game so much, one thing we badly lack is someone who can dictate a game. Having someone in his ear who knows his stuff  is invaluable imo

6 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Ferguson, Dodds & Lovenkrands (as good as Scottish) have all just taken up jobs recently along with Allan Johnston who has his own job. We've had Johansson already and I think that option is best left in the past. The only other one that fits the criteria is Kenny Miller who I just do not trust for whatever reason:lol:

No offence mate but McCallister played in Scotland over 30yrs ago....the game has changed so much since then....not sure he was brought in cause he he knee the Scottish game

8 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

im citing mcinnes because hes been talked about in this thread ya arsehole nut who do you suggest g the job alex neil? mcann after all he talks a good game on TV and as for its nothing to do with scottish football its local knowledge WIT?

and if we need a scottish person as a number 2 why not just give him the fucking number 1 job as i said its an insult to GVB and his team and also the scottish guy who gets it

Again, Alex Neils not gonna come in and work under somebody either! Was it an insult to Gary Mac?

You’re making a point of Scottish football being no different to the rest of the world.. I’m saying it’s not just about Scottish football, it’s the same all over the world it makes sense to have somebody that knows the game in that country! It’s no hard to understand! 

Not understanding what the issue is here.

Give Gio as much help and support as possible. Makes perfect sense to me to bring someone in to update him about the current state of the opposition teams, current nuances around Scottish football etc

Gio will be the boss, obviously, but advice to get him up to speed ASAP is a good thing in my world ...

1 minute ago, hammer93 said:

No offence mate but McCallister played in Scotland over 30yrs ago....the game has changed so much since then....not sure he was brought in cause he he knee the Scottish game

Aye I just acknowledged that with rowley birkin. I do think he'd be privy to what was going on here but he would have been going with Gerrard whether it was up here, Scandinavia or Africa!

Still think Gio would benefit from a scottish coach as long as he is comfortable with the idea and the coach!

2 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

The game up here hasn't changed much, still 11 v 11 with 2 goals and a baw. The opposition will play like it's their cup final and boot utter fuck out us if they are allowed.

I think Gary Mac was only brought in because Gerrard sees him as one of his mentors and being Scottish was also a plus point.