Neil Mccann Coach

BlueKnight87

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Somewhat, yes. He had managed in the Premier League, albeit fairly poorly, regularly watched our games as part of his gig with BT Sport (as well as wider Scottish football) and had a close relationship with the incoming manager - who needed someone to come in and hold his hand a little to guide him through the day-to-day of being a manager for the first-time.

Gio has been managing since before Gerrard took over at Rangers so doesn't need an experienced head beside him in the same manner Gerrard did.

Clear differences between him and McCann then :pierre:

3 minutes ago, stevemac said:

What happened 😂

I was first to report that Michael O'Halloran had no-showed an U20s game despite having been originally named in the starting XI. Emailed the club asking for comment before I ran with the story. Got no response, ran the story then got a phone call from Traynor telling me I'd had no right to report that and should have asked the club about it first as it was 'simply not true' - although I had a copy of the originally submitted team lines with MOH's name on it wearing number 9 for us. Two days later Caixinha publicly confirmed he'd no showed and was being disciplined.

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

It was never on, never interested, where have we heard this before? 

Obviously agree with that but they are scouts and not coaches, managers, assistant managers for a reason. 

Still never really took the training etc at his time here, was more as you say advisor who had knowledge of the game. I don't think Gio or any of his staff have current knowledge of the game here. Even if it was a temporary hire until the end of the season, I think he needs someone in there with him.

Again, not saying that person should 100% be McCann but there is little to choose from who A- watched our games like McAllister did and B- has knowledge of the current league.

Gio definitely does not need experience to help him with managing this club, he will clearly be able to do that himself.

Does the same not hold true of McCann being a 'consultant' and pundit rather than a coach?

Gary Mac was regularly involved with taking training while he was here.

If Gio has been touting himself to Rangers since last month, I'd like to think he's been putting the time in learning about the SPFL and getting himself up to speed with whats going on here.

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

But that was largely the reason Gary Mac was hired so the comparisons between McAllister and McCann don't really stand up.

So you are quite clearly a no to McCann. Who would you pick as a Rangers supporter or would you be happy with Gio and his current staff?

40 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Who is he already bringing in with him and what is there particular areas of expertise as coaches? Don't know enough about Makaay etc as coaches to know where there may be gaps that need filled. If we're absolutely adamant about bringing an ex-player on as a coach, it would probably be KT. Everybody I've spoken to rates him. Having some of his sessions first hand too, he's a good coach. 

I don’t see KT leaving Kelty to become a coach at Rangers.

He will basically be bankrolled to Champ level and by that time he will be stick on for Hibs or the likes manager role. More experience he gets as a manager more chance he’s got of getting the role after Gio or the man after him.

Just now, esquire8 said:

So a no to McCann. Who would you pick as a Rangers supporter or would you be happy with Gio and his current staff?

Tbh I don't know enough about the guys he's apparently bringing in to know where there might be gaps in his staff. As I said above, if we're determined to shoehorn an ex-Rangers player in there it would be KT for me, Everybody I've spoken to raves about him as a coach, he knows the club and the SPFL. He talks a good game (admittedly he's not the most charismatic of people though) and clearly has an appetite for a long-term career in coaching and is hungry to work and improve as he picks ip experience.

1 minute ago, Smell the hotdog said:

I don’t see KT leaving Kelty to become a coach at Rangers.

He will basically be bankrolled to Champ level and by that time he will be stick on for Hibs or the likes manager role. More experience he gets as a manager more chance he’s got of getting the role after Gio or the man after him.

I'd tend to agree - although if he was given certain promises regarding being the next man in the job, it could very well sway things.

38 minutes ago, left winger said:

‘Has watched all of our games this season’.

Is that really a good reason for giving him a coaching job?

I just don’t see how his coaching/managerial experience would qualify him for a job with us - not with the first team squad, anyway. Would love to wring, right enough.

That was in reply to a question as how he would he know about the systems and styles we’d be up against now what qualifies him for the role.

Knows Rangers inside out, what it takes to be successful at Rangers. Previous experience as a manager at Dundee and ICT.

Gary Mac has been a disaster any time he’s took the reigns, still managed to get a job at Rangers doing fuck knows what from the outside.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

I have seen him coaching.

I’m sure you have, common place to allow journalists in to watch sessions 👍🏻

And I’m sure for every player that tells you he’s shite, there are players that really enjoyed working under him. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Tbh I don't know enough about the guys he's apparently bringing in to know where there might be gaps in his staff. As I said above, if we're determined to shoehorn an ex-Rangers player in there it would be KT for me, Everybody I've spoken to raves about him as a coach, he knows the club and the SPFL. He talks a good game (admittedly he's not the most charismatic of people though) and clearly has an appetite for a long-term career in coaching and is hungry to work and improve as he picks ip experience.

Don't think we would ever get KT to sack off the Kelty job to come in be a coach under Gio. Need more realistic hire. I don't think it's about shoehorning ex-players in, even though there has been very ridiculous suggestions, but more having watched us consistently and knowing the league too. 

After van Gastel has been shot down there are still going to be two spaces left in the setup if it will be the same number that our former manager had. 

31 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I’ve watched all our games too you know and I don’t get paid. In fact I pay Rangers to watch them 

Must of missed the big reveal when it transpires that you had a successful football career including winning multiple trophies at Ibrox? 

McCann got more credentials to be part of Gio’s staff than Gary Mac did to be part of Gerrards.

9 minutes ago, left winger said:

Was McAllister a successful appointment, though? 

For the former manager yes. Undoubtedly. As would someone with experience of watching and critiquing us whilst knowing the league in it's current state be a successful appointment for us on a temporary basis.

1 minute ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

I’m sure you have, common place to allow journalists in to watch sessions 👍🏻

And I’m sure for every player that tells you he’s shite, there are players that really enjoyed working under him. 

It really is pretty common that journos will see sessions (or parts of).

Of the 12 Premiership clubs, almost all an open session the day of their press conference which allows photographers to get some snaps as we wait for them to finish and come speak to us.

Any time I'm at a training ground speaking to people there are sessions going on a lot of the time - same if I'm there for things like reserve games.