Neil Mccann Coach

BlueKnight87

4 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Must of missed the big reveal when it transpires that you had a successful football career including winning multiple trophies at Ibrox? 

McCann got more credentials to be part of Gio’s staff than Gary Mac did to be part of Gerrards.

What are McCann's credentials?

Just now, Smell the hotdog said:

Someone that had been out of Scottish football since 1985 and a disaster in any managerial role he had? 

McAllister had beenn working as a pundit for BT covering Scottish football for at least a year or two prior.

McCann has been equally disastrous in his jobs.

Just now, The Dude said:

McAllister had beenn working as a pundit for BT covering Scottish football for at least a year or two prior.

McCann has been equally disastrous in his jobs.

So you agree McCann is a better choice than Gary Mac then given his longer time as a pundit in the Scottish game if that’s what the guide is?

Just now, Smell the hotdog said:

So you agree McCann is a better choice than Gary Mac then given his longer time as a pundit in the Scottish game if that’s what the guide is?

Their length of time as a pundit has no bearing on how good a coach they are. Just pointing out McAllister has covering Scottish football for a number of years prior to joining us so came in with strong knowledge of the Scottish game rather than "someone that had been out of Scottish football since 1985" as you suggested.

59 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

:lol:

Your point is dumb, but it’s also wildly misleading. McCann kept Dundee up in 2016-17, then they sacked him a handful of games into 2017-18 (ultimately getting relegated under Jim McIntyre). 

He left ICT after a few months because he was given the job to cover for a guy whose sister had just died of cancer.

When he was sacked by Dundee (October - 18 games in) they were bottom of the league. To think he had little to do with their relegation is dumb. 😂 

2 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Must not be forgotten that any decision regarding his staff is down to Gio alone. Up to him to decide if wants someone with knowledge of the current Scottish scene.

Just a gut feeling but I feel he will not.

I think it would not just be down to Gio alone. Wilson will have a say also.

13 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It really is pretty common that journos will see sessions (or parts of).

Of the 12 Premiership clubs, almost all an open session the day of their press conference which allows photographers to get some snaps as we wait for them to finish and come speak to us.

Any time I'm at a training ground speaking to people there are sessions going on a lot of the time - same if I'm there for things like reserve games.

Parts of - nail on head! 

maybe the warm up, work with S & C coaches, possibly some technical non opposed ball work at the beginning of a session. The nuts and bolts of a session ie phases of play, SSGs, team shape, tactical work, set piece construction is all very much behind closed doors and that’s where you’d see if he’s a good coach or not. 

13 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

For the former manager yes. Undoubtedly. As would someone with experience of watching and critiquing us whilst knowing the league in it's current state be a successful appointment for us on a temporary basis.

Gerrard certainly wants him with him (that’s not necessarily the same as him being a successful appointment), but I do struggle to see what McAllister brought to the club. He contributed virtually nothing visible on match days. Perhaps, he was instrumental on the training ground, but I genuinely don’t recall anyone talking positively about his input there. There’s obviously been plenty of chat re Beale and what he brought to the club - it was always Beale who Gerrard spoke to during matches, for example. But McAllister? A fan, and a mate from Liverpool - don’t see anything else there.

23 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

That was in reply to a question as how he would he know about the systems and styles we’d be up against now what qualifies him for the role.

Knows Rangers inside out, what it takes to be successful at Rangers. Previous experience as a manager at Dundee and ICT.

Gary Mac has been a disaster any time he’s took the reigns, still managed to get a job at Rangers doing fuck knows what from the outside.

Fair enough for the first bit, but his experience isn’t very impressive. And a wee bit harsh on McAllister - although as I said on another post - pals with Gerrard from Liverpool and a fan.

1 minute ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Parts of - nail on head! 

maybe the warm up, work with S & C coaches, possibly some technical non opposed ball work at the beginning of a session. The nuts and bolts of a session ie phases of play, SSGs, team shape, tactical work, set piece construction is all very much behind closed doors and that’s where you’d see if he’s a good coach or not. 

So you agree it's pretty common for journalists to see coaches coaching then. Glad we got there in the end.

You also seem to ignore the bit where I said I'd spoken to players who'd played under him too. I'm sure the actual guys taking part in the sessions have a pretty good idea.

16 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Do you think Gary Mac was better placed for a job at ibrox at his time of arrival than McCann would be now?

Since he coached at Villa, Leeds and Coventry (I think he managed Leeds) he’s at least been around the coaching game for some time. 

Just now, The Dude said:

So you agree it's pretty common for journalists to see coaches coaching then. Glad we got there in the end.

You also seem to ignore the bit where I said I'd spoken to players who'd played under him too. I'm sure the actual guys taking part in the sessions have a pretty good idea.

So you agree you’ve never seen him coach, glad we can agree you’re taking Shite 👍🏻

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

8 games.

5 more than he was in charge of when he 'kept dundee up'.

Also worth pointing out that even after he 'kept Dundee up' he was the second choice for the job and Dundee originally announced he was leaving the club before Jack Ross turned them down.

Just now, The Dude said:

You’ve also probably spoken to one guy, great way to form an opinion. Lots of players you’ve not spoken to will rate him. 

1 minute ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

You’ve also probably spoken to one guy, great way to form an opinion. Lots of players you’ve not spoken to will rate him. 

'Probably' not really a fair argument. Of course some players will rate him and some won't. That's life.

Only way to really judge is seeing him actually coaching.