Neil Mccann Coach

BlueKnight87

McCann will be an excellent appointment, speaks intelligently and has exceptional knowledge of the game, beyond what you might expect.

It's more than possible his final delivery wasn't quite on point and that's why the management side hasn't worked out, but some guys are far better suited to being the no2.

We all know this well enough having had the likes of Archie Knox in the past, any player will tell you he was an outstanding coach and motivator, but wasn't suited to the position of manager.

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Some of them are guys I know socially, others are ones I've interviewed or had on pressers. Comes up in conversation by asking them what's he like to play under.

You started off with saying he's a shit coach because you seen his training sessions for yourself... Then you say it's because of 6 people you know personally/socially or spoke to about these sessions and that is how you have that opinion on Mccann being a shit coach. 

Sorry mate but I don't believe anything you say. You might know them it's entirely possible , but I think you are a fantasist that makes things up for the attention. 

56 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I mean, you've just pulled that bit out of thin air. Of the ones I've spoken to, three of them played consistently under him and had no issues working under him, they just didn't think he was a particularly good coach. They'll be far from the first players to play under someone they didn't rate particualrly highly.

Sure Kamara has spoken very highly of him?

Absolutely everyone says GVB is a very hands on coach, he's also got Makaay for that.

McCann if he comes on will be coming in to add knowledge of the Scottish game. Unsure why people have a problem with this.

13 minutes ago, Nelson loyal said:

You started off with saying he's a shit coach because you seen his training sessions for yourself... Then you say it's because of 6 people you know personally/socially or spoke to about these sessions and that is how you have that opinion on Mccann being a shit coach. 

Sorry mate but I don't believe anything you say. You might know them it's entirely possible , but I think you are a fantasist that makes things up for the attention. 

Afraid not. You've, unsurprisingly, got it wrong.

14 minutes ago, Nelson loyal said:

You started off with saying he's a shit coach because you seen his training sessions for yourself...

4 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Where you getting that from?

4 hours ago, Polo said:

How do you know that?

4 hours ago, The Dude said:

Speaking to players who have worked under him. 

4 hours ago, The Dude said:

Players who've played for him. 

If you're going to make shit up, at least don't make shit up I can very, very quickly show to be utter nonsense.

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

Since he coached at Villa, Leeds and Coventry (I think he managed Leeds) he’s at least been around the coaching game for some time. 

He managed Leeds and cov, failed at both. Was assistant to Houllier at Villa then caretaker.

Was out of football since 2011 until Gerrard picked him as part of his staff, he’d been sat on his arse doing fuck all bar some pundit work as dude referred to.

7 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

McAllister was certainly not more qualified to be a coach than McCann tbh. 

McAllister imo brought absolutely nothing to the table

Always a bit bemused by comments like this about coaches.

You literally have no idea what he brought unless you sit in on every training session, team meeting, coaches meeting, tactical discussion and personal 1 on 1 meeting he had with players.

People tend to assume because a coach doesn't bellow from the side of the pitch the full game then be brings nothing, which is always an amusing take.

33 minutes ago, The Dude said:

If you're going to make shit up, at least don't make shit up I can very, very quickly show to be utter nonsense.

😂 I never seen your posts on the first page but anyway... 

So you said it was the players firstly , then you said it was what you seen from watching him coach with your own eyes, and when you got called out on that utter nonsense (that you didn't answer back to because you knew you had fucked it) you went back to the 6 players you spoke to and know personally or socially ? Is that right or am I making that up? What you pointed out makes it even worse imo, you can't seem to make your mind up 😂

Mate you are a complete fantasist 😂

Just now, Nelson loyal said:

😂 I never seen your posts on the first page but anyway... 

So you said it was the players firstly , then you said it was what you seen from watching him coach with your own eyes, and when you got called out on that utter nonsense (that you didn't answer back to because you knew you had fucked it) you went back to the 6 players you spoke to and know personally or socially ? Is that right or am I making that up? What you pointed out makes it even worse imo, you can't seem to make your mind up 😂

Mate you are a complete fantasist 😂

Haven't said that once.

Keep trying, you'll eventually get there.

Absolutely irrelevant to the thread but I was seeing someone who has worked at a couple of clubs.

She told me that McCann was pumping that tidy ex Hearts physio with the dark hair. If I remember correctly he was also pumping someone else and the 2 of them found out and stuck him in to his wife he got black bagged by her.

So he deffo has a good pedigree off the park 👌

Think the wee Hearts physio got binned as a result of that and some shenanigans with Jack Ross.

5 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

So folks are really excited about a coach who got Dundee relegated and left ICT after a few months. 
so it’s a no from me and certainly not the credentials we should be looking at. 

Brian kidd and Carlos Queiroz were regarded by Sir Alex as brilliant coaches who'd make excellent managers turns out they were dreadful. People suit just being a coach over managing it's 2 completely different roles and shouldn't be considered when hiring a coach. Also mcann was only a stand in for Robertson at ICT. 

1 minute ago, DiamondDan said:

Absolutely irrelevant to the thread but I was seeing someone who has worked at a couple of clubs.

She told me that McCann was pumping that tidy ex Hearts physio with the dark hair. If I remember correctly he was also pumping someone else at the 2 of them found out and stuck him in to his wife.

So he deffo has a good pedigree off the park 👌

Thank the wee Hearts physio got binned as a result of that and some shenanigans with Jack Ross.

That's why Jack left Hearts.