Goldson

GOAT

23 minutes ago, Kingbilly1872 said:

Bloody spot on. Goldson signed a contract to play with us until the end of this season.  So he's done what he signed on for.

He's free to go and grab what will no doubt be his last big contract. 

So if we want him to stay, we will no doubt have to make him our top earner which he probably deserves considering how many games he plays. 

I think we would also have to break our salary ceiling which I would be OK with cause like you said - replacing him is going to be some task!!

Seeing @The Dude setting up another alt account is another new low. 

15 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Sadiq was linked with a £30m move to Man Utd.

English football is farcical. Overpaid, overhyped, sterile pish.  

Personally I believe that any big move links for Sadiq are from his agent. No way were Man Utd gonna pay 30 million for him. I would be very surprised if they have ever heard of him. 

1 hour ago, AlbertzLoyalRSC said:

What do you mean by 'that says it all' ?

Genuine question, because it's an absolute mystery to me.

As in if he can do well there, it’s hardly an achievement that Worrall might end up at another mid table club.

43 minutes ago, johanvanhentze said:

Personally I believe that any big move links for Sadiq are from his agent. No way were Man Utd gonna pay 30 million for him. I would be very surprised if they have ever heard of him. 

After all that agent hype he ended up in the Spanish second division too.

4 hours ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Seeing @The Dude setting up another alt account is another new low. 

I'm actually Redwhiteandblue. 

Don't know my password  🤣🤣

Any admin about? I need to get into my actual account please?

I can provide a pic of my pool cue in front of a signed Gallant Pioneer's book I won on this site on my real account:

Redwhiteandblue 

Thanks. 

5 minutes ago, Kingbilly1872 said:

I can provide a pic of my pool cue in front of a signed Gallant Pioneer's book I won on this site on my real account:

Redwhiteandblue 

Thanks. 

@Redwhiteandblue I think we found the guy that stole your book.

2 hours ago, Kingbilly1872 said:

Redwhiteandblue 

Thanks. 

Should’ve just taken the chance to start afresh on here but you’ve fucked it now 

3 hours ago, Kingbilly1872 said:

Redwhiteandblue 

Thanks. 

Stealth dick pick offer, weird bastard

7 hours ago, johanvanhentze said:

I give you one name...BEBE.

4 hours ago, Kingbilly1872 said:

Redwhiteandblue 

Thanks. 

Reported for having multiple accounts

On 21/04/2022 at 09:37, rangersross said:

For his height, he actually wins a lot of aerial battles. Scores a decent number with his head too. He'd probably be a few inches taller in an ideal world but I don't think it's a major concern. I'd have liked to see us sign him in the summer, and then have loaned him out to a side like Hearts or St Johnstone for a year, but his contract's up at the end of this season and there will be plenty of competition for him now. Apparently even some EPL sides. We'll probably let him go to Hibs or Aberdeen this summer then compete with the filth to pay £3M for him in a season or two. 

Agreed, looks a good prospect and exactly the right time to bring someone like him in. get him in and around the squad for the summer, see if he's ready to be backup/first team quality, loan him out near the end of the summer window/january window, as if we can keep goldson and punt simpson and helander, you'd be looking at CG and Souttar at the back, with King, Katic and Hamilton as cover.

3 minutes ago, stevemac said:

Agreed, looks a good prospect and exactly the right time to bring someone like him in. get him in and around the squad for the summer, see if he's ready to be backup/first team quality, loan him out near the end of the summer window/january window, as if we can keep goldson and punt simpson and helander, you'd be looking at CG and Souttar at the back, with King, Katic and Hamilton as cover.

CL qualifiers with souttar and goldson? Fucking hell, the when injury hits souttar like they will we need to go to katic, king or hamilton? 

Fuck that

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

CL qualifiers with souttar and goldson? Fucking hell, the when injury hits souttar like they will we need to go to katic, king or hamilton? 

Fuck that

As opposed to now with Helander? who doesn't even get in the european squad due to injury issues?

2 minutes ago, stevemac said:

As opposed to now with Helander? who doesn't even get in the european squad due to injury issues?

No as opposed to us actually bringing in good quality defenders, 

Centre halves of goldson, souttar, katic, king and Hamilton dont get us out the europa group stages nevermind into the CL league, 

We are going to need two brand spanking new centre halves that are better than any we have the now, one must also be a leader and an organiser

28 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Centre halves of goldson, souttar, katic, king and Hamilton dont get us out the europa group stages nevermind into the CL league, 

We are going to need two brand spanking new centre halves that are better than any we have the now, one must also be a leader and an organiser

We are in a europa league semi final with Goldson and Bassey at centre half, so thats utter bollocks

I shall be sorry to see Goldson go as he has done very well for us. No question of him throwing in the towel as his contract runs down. Still does his best every week.

We paid something like 3M for him and we got our moneys worth. Back in England he will get more money and I have no problem with that. We have all made career decisions to change jobs for financial reasons.

Still think he will miss playing in front of 50,000 not to mention European games but we cannot break our wage structure. He will leave with my best wishes.

On 21/04/2022 at 09:37, rangersross said:

For his height, he actually wins a lot of aerial battles. Scores a decent number with his head too. He'd probably be a few inches taller in an ideal world but I don't think it's a major concern. I'd have liked to see us sign him in the summer, and then have loaned him out to a side like Hearts or St Johnstone for a year, but his contract's up at the end of this season and there will be plenty of competition for him now. Apparently even some EPL sides. We'll probably let him go to Hibs or Aberdeen this summer then compete with the filth to pay £3M for him in a season or two. 

Comes from the correct background, fancy if we approached him, he would come to us. However we haven't approached him.

40 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Except they do. 

12 hours ago, Kingbilly1872 said:

Redwhiteandblue 

Thanks. 

The admin's aren't in charge anymore. You'll need to speak to @rabc10000.

25 minutes ago, stevemac said:

We are in a europa league semi final with Goldson and Bassey at centre half, so thats utter bollocks

Oh did balogun not play most post xmas games at centre half, because apart from dortmund away and braga home barisic has barely had a look ib

So no bassey wasnt at centre half, so your post is utter bollocks

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Oh did balogun not play most post xmas games at centre half, because apart from dortmund away and braga home barisic has barely had a look ib

So no bassey wasnt at centre half, so your post is utter bollocks

so you think balogun is a CL level centre half then? My point still stands. Because Balogun isn't great either but we are still where we are.

7 minutes ago, stevemac said:

so you think balogun is a CL level centre half then? My point still stands. Because Balogun isn't great either but we are still where we are.

He's better than souttar, katic, king and hamilton, and no he isnt a CL level centre half, hence why i said we need two brand new quality centre halves 

22 hours ago, docspiderman said:

Playing for team sitting 6th in the Championship with the 4th worst goals against stats; I would be wary of signing him.

Entitled to your opinion. But I’m pretty certain some club’s going to make a few million profit on him.