Goldson

GOAT

17 minutes ago, SPWF said:

He needs chased anyway. Him, Robertson and Bisgrove are a shower of wankers. 

They are seeming more amateurish by the minute. Can’t believe there’s nothing happening at Ibrox for the final. Only club out of the 6 finalists not to be. 

18 hours ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Couldn’t agree more, he’d easily get a sniff at a prem club. Especially on the basis they wouldn’t be paying a fee. Gerrard would take him for a start. 

Better than what he has that Mings would give me the fear if he played for us.

1 minute ago, NorthernLights said:

Think that Tav, Goldson, Bassey, Kamara, Lundstrom, Kent, Morelos would be good value signings for 10+ teams in the premier league tbh. Hope none of them go but it’s a good market

I don’t want to see anyone go next season but we can’t fall into previous mistakes of not cashing in.

If we do go onto win on Wednesday, it’s not just worth 50-60mil we should be adding to this buy selling many of our first team players at peak time.

Could give us a MASSIVE cash pot that would sort us out for years to come.

8 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Another Wilson masterclass. 

Tav, Lundstram and Kent will be going nowhere. 

Tav and Lundstram would be daft to move .Unless of course they get offered seriously huge cash .Tav has served his time and done a bit more and should see out his career here ,Get a testimonial and have his name down as one of the greats of this era .Lundstram has now found himself a football home .The way he has played in the recent big matches ,Barring injury he has another 5 or 6 years strutting his stuff at Ibrox .

Kent for me is the one that could possibly go .4 years here and has his best years still to come where he could earn so much more than he could signing on at Ibrox again .

11 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

If Wilson who missed out on Skov Olsen in January missed out on another main target then he needs punted, guys an absolute failure. 

Can’t miss them if you weren’t in for them 

F86452C9-C5C0-4027-9019-BB204FED9E6F.jpeg

12 hours ago, Docspawn said:

I don’t want to see anyone go next season but we can’t fall into previous mistakes of not cashing in.

If we do go onto win on Wednesday, it’s not just worth 50-60mil we should be adding to this buy selling many of our first team players at peak time.

Could give us a MASSIVE cash pot that would sort us out for years to come.

Not sure where this is coming from. In recent seasons we have cashed in at peak value. The money we received for Patterson was outstanding when you take in to consideration he was 2nd choice in a position which his competition was arguably our best player.

It can be disputed that Alfie is better than Tav but there's no denying that he's been our most valuable asset recently. Even then we haven't had a bid (that we know of) that would make sense in order to "cash in".

Not sure what mistakes we've actually made. Hanging on to Laudrup a season too far is one that springs to mind but that was a generation ago.

The rest of the post I agree with but we can only "cash in" if some cunt pays us the value we deem a player to be worth.

16 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Not sure where this is coming from. In recent seasons we have cashed in at peak value. The money we received for Patterson was outstanding when you take in to consideration he was 2nd choice in a position which his competition was arguably our best player.

It can be disputed that Alfie is better than Tav but there's no denying that he's been our most valuable asset recently. Even then we haven't had a bid (that we know of) that would make sense in order to "cash in".

Not sure what mistakes we've actually made. Hanging on to Laudrup a season too far is one that springs to mind but that was a generation ago.

The rest of the post I agree with but we can only "cash in" if some cunt pays us the value we deem a player to be worth.

We should have sold one or two players last summer, probably either Kamara or Aribo and refreshed the squad.

We can't afford to make the same mistake this summer. If we win on Wednesday, the player's value will never be higher.

Paterson was on a one-off.

20 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Who have we even sold in recent seasons never mind cashed in at peak value aside from the one sale you’ve mentioned.

And Lille have confirmed they had a 16m bid rejected for morelos, so that’s one we know of, and no doubt over the years there’s been many more.

Letting key players run their contract down to 12 months and less without replacing and moving them on is as big a mistake as you can make 

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

We should have sold one or two players last summer, probably either Kamara or Aribo and refreshed the squad.

We can't afford to make the same mistake this summer. If we win on Wednesday, the player's value will never be higher.

Paterson was on a one-off.

Either I've not put my point across very well or you've missed it.

What mistake did we make? 

What bids did we turn down which you think we were wrong to do so?

Agree after Wednesday our players value will be as high as ever, even if we don't win that will be the case.

9 minutes ago, hando said:

Who have we even sold in recent seasons never mind cashed in at peak value aside from the one sale you’ve mentioned.

Nobody really. Need value bids for that.

And Lille have confirmed they had a 16m bid rejected for morelos, so that’s one we know of, and no doubt over the years there’s been many more.

Exactly my point. £16M is ridiculous for peak Alfie who has more than proved himself in Europe. Only 25 and already is the Europa league's 2nd top goalscorer. That's frightening and worth a lot more than that £16M. Second part is absolute conjecture.

Letting key players run their contract down to 12 months and less without replacing and moving them on is as big a mistake as you can make

Sometimes that happens. The obvious one brings us nicely back on topic for this thread and there have been many negotiations for a new contract. Would you rather we went this season without Goldson because I can assure you we wouldn't be looking forward to next Wednesday if we sold him?

Answered within your post mate.