Goldson

GOAT

13 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

He is 100% imo. The leader at the back alot of people trying to rewrite history over this situation. Also add in he's hardly missed a game in his time here. 

It's gonna cost many millions to replace him am still hoping we get to next summer league winners with champions league football and that will convince him to stay. 

This will be his last big contract in football so I understand why he's not signed it atm. 

It's not going to cost millions to replace him. Before injury Balogun was just as good this season and we've got Helander to come back in. We will need another CB but there are players out there just as good who we'll be able to pick up for under 1 million.

Rob Kiernan didn't miss many games either and we could have replaced him with a crash test dummy.

3 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

It's not going to cost millions to replace him. Before injury Balogun was just as good this season and we've got Helander to come back in. We will need another CB but there are players out there just as good who we'll be able to pick up for under 1 million.

Rob Kiernan didn't miss many games either and we could have replaced him with a crash test dummy.

Nah mate that's shite. Your trying your best to downplay his importance but you'll need to do better than that ffs😂😂😂 I stand by what I said it will cost us millions to replace him. 

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

Yes, you are right (kind of). Helander is better but you have to play to be considered a valuable asset. Goldson never misses a game and that doesn't get enough merit.

Didn’t miss a game because he was undroppable under Gerrard for whatever reason, and now he’s only playing because we don’t have anyone else decent available to play 

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Nah mate that's shite. Your trying your best to downplay his importance but you'll need to do better than that ffs😂😂😂 I stand by what I said it will cost us millions to replace him. 

Balogun saved Goldsons arse a few times this season with his decent tackling. I'm not downplaying his importance but one decent season from 3 doesn't make him invaluable.

Just now, KingKirk said:

He was certainly important to hivs on Wednesday he started more of their attacks than any of their players 

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Yes, you are right (kind of). Helander is better but you have to play to be considered a valuable asset. Goldson never misses a game and that doesn't get enough merit.

I understand that but in quite a few games this season he's been a liability.

If Shane Duffy can get regular minutes down south after last year, than so can Goldson. 
He’s become an easy target this year, and deservedly so at times, but it would be a mega loss for us. 
Anyone who thinks he’d be easy to replace is misremembering how vital he’s been for us 

Just now, Toronto2Glasgow said:

If Shane Duffy can get regular minutes down south after last year, than so can Goldson. 
He’s become an easy target this year, and deservedly so at times, but it would be a mega loss for us. 
Anyone who thinks he’d be easy to replace is misremembering how vital he’s been for us 

Duffy is mostly warming the bench this season.

15 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

Didn’t miss a game because he was undroppable under Gerrard for whatever reason, and now he’s only playing because we don’t have anyone else decent available to play 

How about the fact that we went undefeated conceding only 13 goals?

Granted, he isn't as good this year but he is still the best option (only option) at present especially with the injuries.

I'm convinced his contract dispute has caused a decline in his play. I suppose he only has himself to blame for that (or his agent)

Just now, bluenoz said:

Granted, he isn't as good this year but he is still the best option (only option) at present especially with the injuries.

I'm convinced his contract dispute has caused a decline in his play. I suppose he only has himself to blame for that (or his agent)

Aye undoubtedly he was massive last season, what about all the other seasons? 
Aye his head is clearly away now and doesn’t care as much but not much we can do currently 

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I definitely think agents have a lot to do with it. I like listening to talk sport when they have agents on and Simon Jordan savages them.