Goldson

GOAT

Much better again from Goldson.

In the last game he played well defensively but was a nervous wreck every time he got the ball. Today he seems to have settled and played well both defensively and was good on the ball.

Obviously Gio's tactics keeping the fullbacks in a more reserved role helps.

Wear Ham without Ogbonna until the end of the season and without Zouma for 12 weeks now too. 

They have been mentioned as a possible destination for Goldson before IIRC. Makes you wonder if they might come in January and try to get him as a short term stop gap.

29 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Wear Ham without Ogbonna until the end of the season and without Zouma for 12 weeks now too. 

They have been mentioned as a possible destination for Goldson before IIRC. Makes you wonder if they might come in January and try to get him as a short term stop gap.

6 months left. Take anything tbh but what's best fee we could hold out for

34 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

4 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

6 months left. Take anything tbh but what's best fee we could hold out for

well if they want him they can afford a few million but realistically I'd say 1 and a half million, which to us gives us funds for a replacement and for them it's buttons

7 hours ago, peter huistra said:

Fuck 1.5million for a defender who has played in a side who have reached the knock out stages the last few seasons. 

Better just keeping him and winning the league then if he wants to go so be it. 

Exactly.

centre half’s, the good ones anyway are all snapped up.

judt the dross left out there.

He plays every week, let’s keep him, run the league, and thank him for 4 years work, almost playing every game in that period.

16 minutes ago, stuart1994 said:

Don't know anyone else's feelings but if he stays, preforms and helps us win the league I'd have no animosity towards him at all leaving for free.

I’d always felt like that to be honest. Think he just had a perfect storm of not playing well, not signing a contract, a terrible result and saying something ill advised (albeit I think he was firing a rocket up his team mates arses).

Fans really turned on him in an over the top way IMO, while other get a free pass despite offering less and doing / saying stupid things too. 

19 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Unless its an offer of £5m+ theres no benefit to selling Goldson in Jan and I'm someone who's never been a big fan of his.

With Helander coming back I'd run the risk of him completely dialing it in for 5 months. Don't think we would be able to get an improvement on him unless the price you posted was met.

17 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Get a couple of million and risk the league and CL money on a new CB replacing someone who has been a mainstay in our defence?

It's not FIFA or Football Manager.

The league should be over already. 

Said it countless times we can't spend £3.5m on players to then let them leave them for nothing and people wonder why we're skint.