Goldson

GOAT

Having one great season and arguably the best player in a title winning season then trying to hold us to ransom for one last big pay packet.

Thanks for the memories but we need you defending as good as you can until you leave as we’re still paying you an agreed wage.

6 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Having one great season and arguably the best player in a title winning season then trying to hold us to ransom for one last big pay packet.

Thanks for the memories but we need you defending as good as you can until you leave as we’re still paying you an agreed wage.

Think it’s already obvious that his head’s elsewhere. Once that happens, a player has to work really hard to get his head back on the job. No indication that he’s ready to do that.

Sooner he goes (ie January), the better.

2 hours ago, DBBTB said:

But Goldson didn’t deal with the ball which means Bassey should have been alert to the second ball and he wasn’t.

Bassey’s man ultimately scored because he was caught flat footed and got caught ball watching. That means some of the fault for the goal lies with him too.

You can’t absolve Bassey of any blame  or just completely pass the buck just because Goldson fucked up when Bassey clearly fucked up too.

Never absolved bassey of anything, but the poster i replied to blamed him for the goal while hands up goldson was more to blame

2 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I don’t disagree based on Livi/last Thursday, but he had an absolute nightmare away at Sparta and played twenty minutes there against Ross County and he cost a goal 

The county game i canny really mind but the sparta game i think we were all just shite that night, like really shite, can lump in with the whole lot for having a mare lol

Think whats good about him now is that he is improving game by game, you can see it, other than him sleeping along with goldson for the livi goal his positional sense and decision making is much better than even when he was at left back (doesn't dive in as much) 

Probably helps having a consistent player either side if him, even if it is goldson and barisic who are playing poorly this season, 

2 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

Think it’s already obvious that his head’s elsewhere. Once that happens, a player has to work really hard to get his head back on the job. No indication that he’s ready to do that.

Sooner he goes (ie January), the better.

Helender and Balugun with Bassey stepping in can still win us this title if he goes but would prefer to get someone new in

3 hours ago, DBBTB said:

He would be a better third or fourth choice than Simpson but there’s a lot of people who think we should bring him back to start every week.

This. 

Katic is a good option much better than simpson to have but feel like the longer he's not played with us the better he's got in people's minds. 

I feel like Katic had the potential to develop into our first choice CB but Gerrard’s mismanagement of him combined with his horrific injury have pretty much ended that he’s wasted 2.5 years of proper development.

He could still come back as a replacement for Simpson but unfortunately I don’t think he will reach his maximum potential anymore.

9 hours ago, magic8ball said:

The contract one is strange .I remember when Kamara extended Andy Halliday was in SSB and Goldson was mentioned.As far as he was concerned he didn’t see extending his contract as being an issue at the time .According to Halliday,Goldson and his family are happy and settled here .

Rumours are that he’s building a house in the East Midlands though 😬

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Pish passing, had a couple of really good moments defensively 

Feel like nothing more needs said about his performance cos those 10 words sum it up perfectly. 

Somewhat let him off with the shite passing since the full team were at it. 

Thought he was ok in the air, but anything on the ground he struggled to defend. Gets dragged out to the wide areas far to often and gets beat one on one to easily. Distribution was also poor, tried to play the central ball a few times but each time passed straight to a green shirt. 

50 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Pish passing, had a couple of really good moments defensively 

41 minutes ago, Inigo said:

His passing was brutal. He defended very well, though. And I'll take that.

If anyone else sees anything different or just sums up his performance as "pish" then it's simply agenda driven. Colossal in the air, saved a goal, did well in the first half when Boyle was running at him and was really solid defensively.

Passing was horrendous but at times you were wanting the midfield to come short and look for the ball which wasn't happening forcing him to pass a bit more risky.

I defended him yesterday to the onslaught of negative opinions he has taken in this thread.

But tonight, I thought he was shaky. His passing was woeful and if they had scored when he let the boy cross into the box, this thread would be in the 100's.

I think he misses Helander but he has to do better than that.