GVB

RockwellGers

Just now, The Godfather said:

Long term maybe but we don't have many sellable assets who wouldn't weaken our first 11. 

Patterson won't stick around to wait for Tav to regress or get injured. If a EPL team come in and offer a decent fee he's gone. 

That's the problem though, Patterson shouldn't need to wait to replace Tav. The smart play would be to play Patterson now, imo there's not much difference in ability and the more we play Patterson the more we can ask for. We have a player coming into the senior side and a player with a massive future ahead of him. 

39 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

That's the problem though, Patterson shouldn't need to wait to replace Tav. The smart play would be to play Patterson now, imo there's not much difference in ability and the more we play Patterson the more we can ask for. We have a player coming into the senior side and a player with a massive future ahead of him. 

:lol:

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Patterson seems to get better on here every day. I rate him, but the expectations being put on him are borderline mental.

I think there was an argument for Tav being replaced a month or two back when we were struggling but we are back in good form. Replacing our captain would be mental.

23 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Patterson seems to get better on here every day. I rate him, but the expectations being put on him are borderline mental.

It’s insane. The boy’s a cracking prospect but people have him better than Tav and sold for £15m and he’s never even had an extended run in the team. The same ones will be calling him shite and overrated once he does get a run as well.  

37 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

I think there was an argument for Tav being replaced a month or two back when we were struggling but we are back in good form. Replacing our captain would be mental.

Tav played his first good game of the season on Sunday. I thought he was excellent. If he was not the captain, he would have lost his position to Patterson a long time ago.

As it stands, I think there is a good chance Patterson leaves next week. I don't believe it is the right decision but something has to give. He can't continue not playing.

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

You don't really believe that. 

I really do mate. He was responsible directly or indirectly for four goals alone in November when we were leaking in the first goal constantly.

He has tidied up defensively since Gio arrived and looked good going forward on Sunday.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

I really do mate. He was responsible directly or indirectly for four goals alone in November when we were leaking in the first goal constantly.

He has tidied up defensively since Gio arrived and looked good going forward on Sunday.

He got 2 assists at Livingston... 

54 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Tav played his first good game of the season on Sunday. I thought he was excellent. If he was not the captain, he would have lost his position to Patterson a long time ago.

As it stands, I think there is a good chance Patterson leaves next week. I don't believe it is the right decision but something has to give. He can't continue not playing.

You been drinking since Christmas Day or something? Wild shout. 

5 minutes ago, SPWF said:

You been drinking since Christmas Day or something? Wild shout. 

This debate has been going on for over a year. The support is equally divided to who is the better player. Far from a wild shout just because you believe Tav is better. 

But you are right about the drinking 😀

Tav is a talented player and key to a lot of our play.

I don’t believe he should be captain though and I have, and continue to, question his big game balls. I think he is significantly better than Patterson for now and I have faith in GVB to make that call. 

Patterson will have his chance when the time is right and if he moves on from us before he is a regular then we will get a great return on him. Win win. 

2 hours ago, TheKingObv said:

The smart play when 40 million is on the line is to play our experienced, better full back which is Tav.

I like Patterson, he has a big future, but hasn't done enough to warrant replacing him yet.

I very much doubt the difference between winning the league and not is whether we play Patterson or Tav. 

2 hours ago, DBBTB said:

How is that? If he stands out for the national team against good countries it's hardly mental. I think those playing him down are the ones who need help. 

9 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

How is that? If he stands out for the national team against good countries it's hardly mental. I think those playing him down are the ones who need help. 

Good countries? What like Moldova, Luxembourg, Israel and Faroe? Hardly the elite of international football :lol:

He’s a talented player but people hype him up for the most basic of things. He will become our first choice right back, but seriously overhyped on here by certain people at the moment.