GVB

RockwellGers

1 hour ago, gmcf said:

Aye true , they did have a real chance at the end , which we should have cleared .

I just haven't been shiting myself in the last 10 minutes of a game , as bad as previously when we were maybe hanging on to a goal lead . 

Again it was another Goldson mistake by letting the ball bounce over him, when he could easily clear it.

12 hours ago, DrLaudrup said:

Not a great performance today but I was impressed by his ability to make changes early. He switched things at the back very early and got Lundstram off at half time. Aribo clearly made a difference later but I think had he waited until the 70th minute to make all these changes things could have been different. 

His in game management is different class. Not had a manager since Walter who knows how to change a game tactically.

17 hours ago, RockwellGers said:

8 games

7 wins

1 draw (away to Lyon!) 

15 goals scored

2 goals conceded

6 clean sheets

6 wins from 6 in the league

Plus:

Defence shored up massively (as shown above)

Morelos back in form (instantly) 

Aribo is currently unbelievable

Sakala looking superb

Goldson much more solid

Arfield in good form

Barring today we have been very effective and dynamic

Players as a whole look motivated and are expressing themselves

Have I forgotten anything? Feel free to add.

I'm not great on tactics like others might be, but he also seems to be good at tweaking and making changes to get a result and make things happen.

Regardless, it's a knockout performance so far from the gaffer, very happy he is here. 

Agree with all that.

Am I right in thinking we were linked with GVB between Caixinha and Gerrard? 

I just wonder how different things might have been if we had appointed him sooner. 

Gerrard raised our profile again, returned our high standards and expectations. Made us into winners again. But. And it’s a massive but. We underachieved domestically during his reign. 

56 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

Am I right in thinking we were linked with GVB between Caixinha and Gerrard? 

I just wonder how different things might have been if we had appointed him sooner. 

Gerrard raised our profile again, returned our high standards and expectations. Made us into winners again. But. And it’s a massive but. We underachieved domestically during his reign. 

It’s not a massive “but”, his trophy record was absolutely shocking. What did it end up being? 1 out of 10?

Want to know Ange’s record so far? 1 in 1.

35 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

It’s not a massive “but”, his trophy record was absolutely shocking. What did it end up being? 1 out of 10?

Yeah. That’s what I intended by saying “massive but” my intention was that it is a massive negative to contrast  the positives. Maybe I used it incorrectly. 

47 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I think history will eventually show that Gerrard is not a great manager. He lacks the imagination and tactical insight that great managers have.

He has a sky high profile that will attract good players to any club and he has a level of expectation and professionalism that he has learned at Liverpool both of which we sorely needed. But he's not a top manager, not even close.

11 minutes ago, The Beast said:

I think history will eventually show that Gerrard is not a good manager. He lacks the imagination and tactical insight that great managers have.

He has a sky high profile that will attract good players to any club and he has a level of expectation and professionalism that he has learned at Liverpool both of which we sorely needed. But he's not a top manager, not even close.

He was a rookie with us, so time is somewhat on his side. The problem I forsee is that he didn't appear to learn from mistakes too easliy. His refusal to change tactics against low block opponents was baffling at times. Like for like subsitutions seemed made more in hope than intent. He's got different problems at Villa and a mid table finish will be seen as ok in his first season. Once he's spent in a couple of transfer windows though, the expectation will ramp up massively and that's when we see if has learnt anything from his time with us.

I think the Mhedia falling over themselves in fullsome praise of Flange whilst his players appear to be coming down with injuries which may be attributed  to his training methods or not.

It does seem apt that a hamstring appears to be  the most prevalent injury given the history of the BJK camp.

At  the same time their clearly grudging approval of the great start our new manager has made only goes to highlight the bias, bitterness and general small mindedness of the Scottish mhedia in general

32 minutes ago, The Beast said:

I think history will eventually show that Gerrard is not a great manager. He lacks the imagination and tactical insight that great managers have.

Too many thought he’d be the equivalent manager as he was player. To be fair he will get better as a manager.

1 minute ago, JackAlex93 said:

GVB not getting anywhere near the level of credit he deserves for the way he has taken over at Ibrox so seamlessly. Obviously we didn't expect anything less from the media in this backwater of a country but he has been a terrific appointment thus far.

I’m glad he’s not. With Gerrard it was all about him, which goes with his star power, but the way that GVB is just quietly going about his job suits us down to the ground

Just now, Broxi said:

Exceptional start, long way to go

The remaining Old Firm games will be the make or break for this trophy

Not make or break imo they’ll drop more points in other games than us, any victory in old firms for them will just close the gap, obviously if we win the next OF then it’s all but over for the tramps and big Rolf