Gio

21 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I agree with you KK. Changes should have been implemented gradually and not so drastic. 

We easily shit on the players but we don't really know how much they have been asked to alter their game. 

Tav and borna have been rotten mate but the best part of their game is attacking I've no idea why we've stopped them going forward. We now play with wingers Ryan Kent clued to the touchline. 

These players are following instructions given to them by the manager clearly they ain't comfortable with what they are been asked to do mate. 

If these players think this manager isn't to the standard of previous they need to be speaking to Ross Wilson and voicing that opinion now. Whilst we are still in the title race. 

I don't think it's right but we've got 40mil at stake here and tough decisions need made imo. 

This board knows how this team sets up and plays mate I would love to know how Gio got the job in the first place if these are his tactics it's the complete opposite 

2 hours ago, Bears r us said:

While I have not given up on Gio and his backroom staff yet, I think you make a very good point.

I would have loved Neil McCann to have been in his backroom team. 

No brainer for me. Know each other and McCann clearly 'gets it'. 

Doesn't need to be a tactical genuis, just has to have a bit of local nous, knowing what tends to be important in different situations, like OF games. That and the right demeanor/attitude. McCann has those in spades.

Don't especially want to join in a Gio bashing sesh, because I still think it's too early to be sure how it'll go, but wee concerning signs are there.

Another one is watching him at the sidelines. Gerrard, to give him his dues, was constantly communicating with Beal and the players on the pitch. When I watch Gio, I don't see that. All I see is the occasional same generic 'push' hand gestures that almost looke like he's doing it just to look like he's doing something.

Calmed down now and think the league is 50/50

Definitely worrying signs about Gio but don't think it can be underestimated how much stronger a team we will be with Morelos and Ramsey. Jack if he stays fit as well but I'm not including him.

12 minutes ago, Inigo said:

No brainer for me. Know each other and McCann clearly 'gets it'. 

Doesn't need to be a tactical genuis, just has to have a bit of local nous, knowing what tends to be important in different situations, like OF games. That and the right demeanor/attitude. McCann has those in spades.

At one point it was mentioned he was thinking about bringing in MaCann, but it was obviously just a rumour. 

All we can do is wait and see what happens but all Rangers fans have to be concerned with how we have played since the break.

Sunday will tell us a lot I think. 

4 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We're perfectly capable of beating Hearts.

There's a bit of pendulum swing going on as is always the case after a sore one. Folk expected us to win easily last night, then when we got skelped that expected high turns to an over dramatic low.

Our set up was wrong, players played poorly and attitude was awful. It was the perfect storm away to their place with them up for it and having the chance to go top.

But Sunday will be a different challenge, and one we're more than likely to win in. 

3 goals from Ross county tells me otherwise

2 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

3 goals from Ross county tells me otherwise

Be as well not turning up then eh.

Home to Hearts and not believing we're capable of winning. That's a bigger shitebag showing than Barasic last night ffs.

1 hour ago, beararse said:

If Gio remains, and admittedly I’m not in the ‘sack the manager’ camp’, I suspect that lions share of that capitulating team will be gone in the summer.

He seemed stunned by their collectively inability and attitudes in the interview after the game.

I honestly can’t believe that a manager who’s won the Dutch league, played for some of the best clubs in the world, captained his country and played in a World Cup final would set his team up so badly last night.

90% of those players lack the correct mentality to play for Rangers in the big games, when there is something on the line. Time and time again, when it’s really mattered, they’ve fucked it up: under both  Gerrard and now GVB.

Time will eventually tell, as to why it went so wrong.

I got the feeling in Jack’s interview that he underlying emotion was frustration and anger that the players didn’t execute the orders they were given. If they had, then surely 3 of them wouldn’t have got the hook at half time.

The issue we have is getting a tune out of them from now till June.

I think that a lot of Rangers fans see this is a major turning point, like we are crumbling and celtic are on the ascendancy but most of the disaster last night was written for months... remember the team that capitulated after xmas break 2019/2020?  

It now all hinges on Gio - like you say its up to him to get a tune out of the team.  Its not impossible, there is a timeline where we win the league this year.  Lets just hope we are living in it. 

2 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Identity for one. We could have done with a few more Scots boys on the park last night that get it. I have nothing against foreign coaches but there should be a bit more balance instead of 100% nepotism.

Besides, Thomson and McCann have a good knowledge of the game and understand the magnitude of wearing the shirt. That is immeasurable when handed down to the current players. 

We had shagger and Arfield on whilst they only had McGregor and Taylor as the Scottish players. Our two are also supporters but I don't think Taylor is one of them.

However I think I know what you mean which is a "winning mentality" which before our squads before always had and any new players brought in got this. 

20 hours ago, Jelavic18 said:

Tactics have been pathetic last 4 games.  We go one nill up and then try to protect our lead.  We seem to have this reflex now where when we get the ball we turn back and keep passing back the way.  That can get to fuck 

The back pass is infuriating. I can't stand it, I understand at times it's needed but we seem to use this as our go to move.

1 hour ago, Stunels said:

I think that a lot of Rangers fans see this is a major turning point, like we are crumbling and celtic are on the ascendancy but most of the disaster last night was written for months... remember the team that capitulated after xmas break 2019/2020?  

It now all hinges on Gio - like you say its up to him to get a tune out of the team.  Its not impossible, there is a timeline where we win the league this year.  Lets just hope we are living in it. 

I have a horrible feeling we are not in this timeline. Also suspect our tactics will be the same at the weekend. Hope gio proves me wrong but can't see it happening 

9 minutes ago, Kaydubya11 said:

I hate to say it but their squad is better than our squad. Last night was like 2017/8 again. Truly atrocious pish. Yet I wasn't surprised. Unacceptable 

there squad is not better than ours its getting managed better. reverting back to high press and fullbacks pushing on until he gets his own team in. 

GIO be better playing old tactics, his is clearly not working, these players are not reacting, im just hoping the spine of our team comes back and takes us over the line. 

Just now, sausagetrunks said:

there squad is not better than ours its getting managed better. reverting back to high press and fullbacks pushing on until he gets his own team in. 

GIO be better

Probably have a better goalie right back 1 centre back hetate and jota kyogo and abada all better than our front 3. There's nothing vereeniging the teams, and I agree gio is not helping our cause