Bassey

sco22y

Must start at LB - we have been trying to get away with playing him at CB for weeks due to injuries and he’s never been comfortable there. Found out against Ross County for starters

Anyhow after Barisic last night he was be out starting LB for the remained if the season - Fast and powerful - Everything this version of Barisic isn’t 

3 minutes ago, TartanTeddy said:

image.thumb.png.20de06678a62cc3942e1df5f4c63f379.png

For the third - though Goldson is just as bad, and Barasic is flat footed.

Looking at the state of that, we should have put in a bid for fucking Broadfoot, let alone Souttar.

Tav let's the guy run away from him at a throw in and get a cross in. Mcgregor stays rooted to his line for a ball coming to the 6 yard line. Borna has yards on his man but for some reason decides to sit down at the worst possible time.

But right sided Goldson covering the right sided near post area for low crosses is to blame?

3 minutes ago, MarzM said:

A decent LB, NEVER a CB.

We've asked too much of the lad to fill in there for this long.

And to be honest, that's why it's not a major issue to fix - you play a centre half in that position, and either Bassey or Borna at left back and you'll be OK.

If Balogun is injured and he lander out then play King - he's an actual Centre Half, maybe even Sands, if that's his true position.

Can't believe we didn't go for some bog standard big left sided centre half in the window as a stop gap - just a stopper.

Feel really bad for Bassey - but he was at fault for all three goals and you can add in the one up at County at the weekend

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Tav let's the guy run away from him at a throw in and get a cross in. Mcgregor stays rooted to his line for a ball coming to the 6 yard line. Borna has yards on his man but for some reason decides to sit down at the worst possible time.

But right sided Goldson covering the right sided near post area for low crosses is to blame?

No, Bassey is to blame - he should be covering the left and allowing Goldon to move up to cover the danger on the right - sorry, I thought I made that clear.

But Goldson should be pushing the kid over there - and he should be facing the ball

1 minute ago, TartanTeddy said:

Feel really bad for Bassey - but he was at fault for all three goals and you can add in the one up at County at the weekend

Sorry but you can't blame Bassey for the third. Tav and Barisic are horrendous.

2 minutes ago, TartanTeddy said:

And to be honest, that's why it's not a major issue to fix - you play a centre half in that position, and either Bassey or Borna at left back and you'll be OK.

If Balogun is injured and he lander out then play King - he's an actual Centre Half, maybe even Sands, if that's his true position.

Can't believe we didn't go for some bog standard big left sided centre half in the window as a stop gap - just a stopper.

Borna was at fault for the 3rd. Others get some blame, but no way does Borna get off lightly for that one. 

14 minutes ago, TartanTeddy said:

No, Bassey is to blame - he should be covering the left and allowing Goldon to move up to cover the danger on the right - sorry, I thought I made that clear.

But Goldson should be pushing the kid over there - and he should be facing the ball

It happened kinda quickly for that all to happen. But the main player to switch off completely, and whose man scored, was Borna. He was in a fine position to clear and just switched off completely.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Borna was at fault for the 3rd. Others get some blame, but no way does Borna get off lightly for that one. 

The third is shambolic - the only thing I would say is Bassey should be right where there player scored the goal from - that's where a left sided Centre Half should be positioned.

Borna was there and should have put a challenge in - but you can't debate it's where Bassey should be.

I've seen better defending down the park on a Sunday afternoon

The third is shambolic - the only thing I would say is Bassey should be right where there player scored the goal from - that's where a left sided Centre Half should be positioned.

Borna was there and should have put a challenge in - but you can't debate it's where Bassey should be.

I've seen better defending down the park on a Sunday afternoon

It's not really about whether he should have been there or not. As they broke unexpectedly he's marking a man, as 2 others are, and Goldson has the front area covered for low crosses. We're not really in a hugely dangerous position. Then Barasic did something that is simply inexplicable - that's what cost the goal. Barasic deals with simple stuff and it's cleared. He didn't, he cost us the goal and there should be no shifting blame from him.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

You're using stills here to prove a point you need footage for.

To be honest, nothing much needs proved - the defence is/was a shambles - and a lot of that goes down to coaching/management

But Bassey gets easily pushed or pulled out of position - which is why at the first he was behind the attackers and why he ran directly into Aribo - who was attacking the ball. At the second he was out of position half way up the left wing. And at the third - the entire defence was so far out of any recognisable shape that it was probably harder fro them not to score.

My actual point is, it's not too hard to fix - but you have to play a centre half, even if that is King/Sands 

To be honest, nothing much needs proved - the defence is/was a shambles - and a lot of that goes down to coaching/management

But Bassey gets easily pushed or pulled out of position - which is why at the first he was behind the attackers and why he ran directly into Aribo - who was attacking the ball. At the second he was out of position half way up the left wing. And at the third - the entire defence was so far out of any recognisable shape that it was probably harder fro them not to score.

My actual point is, it's not too hard to fix - but you have to play a centre half, even if that is King/Sands 

Glad you've recognised your mistake. Look forward to no stills from you in the future.

Bassey has shown he can fill in as an emergency CB in the event of a red card or injury crisis. That is fine it's good to have a wee bit of versatility and an option in times of adversity.

However..... He looks like a left back playing centre back (which is what he is).