Ring the changes Gio!

kelvd1873

4 hours ago, BlueVanguard said:

Goldsons contract is not fucking with his head his mind has already been set. He is an English player who wants his big move down to the league he watched as a boy and supports he has a slight arrogance to our league up here and i don't know why because he can be a fucking bomb scare at times. Think its time we try and offload every single one of Gerrards signings and bring in Gios vision and put the trust in him to get it right its the only way. 

I have always had my doubts about Tav. Never one of these fans who slaughter him week in week out but i do not trust his mind set when it comes to winning i think he is a total bottle merchant. His presser the other day he looked defeated and had a cant be arsed aura about him. Pretty good with reading players body languages he had no hunger in his eyes or the way he was talking about the game. Sure some people will be outraged with my guessing of someone's mindset but surely some will agree with me or get the point i am trying to make.

Think its time for a lot of our players to go and build a brand new team from scratch in the summer. 

We keep hearing that Goldson hasn't been offered a contract. The truth will unfurl soon hopefully.

30 minutes ago, chris182 said:

We keep hearing that Goldson hasn't been offered a contract. The truth will unfurl soon hopefully.

Maybe mate but i reckon there has been talks down the line maybe he is demanding more money or whatever but i would rather let him go to be honest. 

That interview after the cup game really fucking annoyed me and have a total dislike to him now (not that he cares).

If this were football manager you’d boot Barisic, Tav, goldson, kamara and Kent down to the reserves, give Jack the captaincy and Arfield vice captain and play:

McCrorie, zukowski, king, balogun, Bassey, jack, Arfield, Ramsey, Diallo, Sakala and Morelos

This however isn’t football manager so Gio has to carefully manage the players as it seems they are quite fragile. Long term they need to go but we need to get what we can from them now and try to get back on track.

Dont pay attention to their games, just focus on our own. Focus on defensive positioning, passing, transitions, set pieces and shooting.

You woukd have thougj playing under Dick Advocaat would instill his ways.

Wee Dick would have went aff his nut on the side of the park and dressing roo..

Gio doesnt fill my with confidence tbh, i thought his talking would have been done in the park.

1 bad result away from the boos coming down from the stands at Ibrox

11 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

Coutinho will stick in a couple of early performances and will be on the bench and sent back to Barca , the guy has been finished for years. Woeful performances for Barca and Bayern and was hardly ever off the bench for both of them. Another Gerrard gem of a signing .

You are needing to use google.

6 hours ago, Smile said:

You are needing to use google.

Very rarely missed a Barca game in over a decade , the guy was one of 3 major expensive flops at the club and was hated by the fans. Was the same at Bayern , who couldnt wait to send him back. The same will happen at Villa , thats why they have him on loan as well. No need for google , I seen every 20-30 minutes he got when he played for Barca.

On 03/02/2022 at 08:29, kelvd1873 said:

I’m pretty optimistic at the best of times but last night was honking. We have not played well in the last 3 away games so fwiw I think it’s time to change it up. Here comes some optimism… we have a spine of a team returning from injury/internationals… 14 wins from 14 wins us the league. 

I would drop mcgregor for mcglaughlin, 6 goals in 2 games and the manner of the goals simply isn’t good enough no matter who you are.

barasic 🤦🏼‍♂️- put bassey at LB

Goldson - honestly this guys head is gone. His contact situation is fucking with his head and it’s costing us goals/points. If he doesn’t sign the contract asap and helander is fit play him beside balogun. let Goldson sit on the bench until he leaves. 

tav - 50/50 on him only because I’ve never seen the new polish RB Play, he’s never a captain though. 

Kamara needs a break imo, straight swap for Jack (who I would make captain)

arfield or ramsay depending on his fitness 

aribo

RW Sakala

CF morelos

LW kent dropped for roofe. Kent also needs some bench time. 

the team doesn’t defend well with the current players, hopefully Gio alters his tactics to actually go for teams before it becomes too late. 

That line up is so bad no thought on shape or tactics just 11 guys flung together 

7 hours ago, Smile said:

Yes, so did Bassey in his own position.

Ffs it’s easy to play when you are 3 down and the opponent drops their intensity  however  I agree Jack has to start at weekend and Bassey at left back although I still think he is a bit of a bombscare but less so than Barasic who looks like a old man it’s like his legs have gone !  I would start Ramsay and play Aribo further forward with Morelos and Kent 

2 hours ago, GeeSS said:

Ffs it’s easy to play when you are 3 down and the opponent drops their intensity  however  I agree Jack has to start at weekend and Bassey at left back although I still think he is a bit of a bombscare but less so than Barasic who looks like a old man it’s like his legs have gone !  I would start Ramsay and play Aribo further forward with Morelos and Kent 

They were done they were out on their feet they dropped the intensity as they put all their effort into the first half, I wish we had.

2 hours ago, WWTC said:

Lundstram, Sakala, Bacuna….

”strengthening”

Tbf I thought lundstram would be quality as did everyone I spoke to about him but by fuck it really feels like we have been treading water in the transfer market.

We need a bounce from Dialo and Ramsey immediately.

On 03/02/2022 at 10:24, BlueVanguard said:

Goldsons contract is not fucking with his head his mind has already been set. He is an English player who wants his big move down to the league he watched as a boy and supports he has a slight arrogance to our league up here and i don't know why because he can be a fucking bomb scare at times. Think its time we try and offload every single one of Gerrards signings and bring in Gios vision and put the trust in him to get it right its the only way. 

I have always had my doubts about Tav. Never one of these fans who slaughter him week in week out but i do not trust his mind set when it comes to winning i think he is a total bottle merchant. His presser the other day he looked defeated and had a cant be arsed aura about him. Pretty good with reading players body languages he had no hunger in his eyes or the way he was talking about the game. Sure some people will be outraged with my guessing of someone's mindset but surely some will agree with me or get the point i am trying to make.

Think its time for a lot of our players to go and build a brand new team from scratch in the summer. 

I’ve seen a couple of interesting things on social media today.

Sons of Struth FB had a post to the effect that bar Alf & Fil, the rest of 2019’s LC final team played on Wednesday.

Stale as, or what?

The other was from a ‘Gio van tactics man’ on Twitter - reckoning 3 of last years squad were promised moves by Gerrard, which were either later refused or no bids came in.

Which may account for some obvious (or less in some cases) lack of motivation / focus - which lots on here have called out against certain individuals on plenty of occasions.

Obviously Gio has to work with what he’s been left with now, but the sooner he can get his own men in, the better.

On 03/02/2022 at 19:12, RWB72 said:

Balogun strolled that 2nd half in all honesty same with Jack

Totally agree.

It would be interesting to see how they’d have handled that first half - might have been too much for them, but you never know…

Certainly was too much for the guys they replaced!

One simple change is for players to stop shuffling the ball out to the flanks, from positions 25 yards out, in front of the goals.

Drive at the box, let fly from these positions - who knows what might happen!

The way we’re going at the moment is so ponderous, training ground, playbook by numbers, it’s no wonder opponents get back to cover.

On 03/02/2022 at 08:29, kelvd1873 said:

I’m pretty optimistic at the best of times but last night was honking. We have not played well in the last 3 away games so fwiw I think it’s time to change it up. Here comes some optimism… we have a spine of a team returning from injury/internationals… 14 wins from 14 wins us the league. 

I would drop mcgregor for mcglaughlin, 6 goals in 2 games and the manner of the goals simply isn’t good enough no matter who you are.

barasic 🤦🏼‍♂️- put bassey at LB

Goldson - honestly this guys head is gone. His contact situation is fucking with his head and it’s costing us goals/points. If he doesn’t sign the contract asap and helander is fit play him beside balogun. let Goldson sit on the bench until he leaves. 

tav - 50/50 on him only because I’ve never seen the new polish RB Play, he’s never a captain though. 

Kamara needs a break imo, straight swap for Jack (who I would make captain)

arfield or ramsay depending on his fitness 

aribo

RW Sakala

CF morelos

LW kent dropped for roofe. Kent also needs some bench time. 

the team doesn’t defend well with the current players, hopefully Gio alters his tactics to actually go for teams before it becomes too late. 

Genius to start Morelos.

You must be shit hot at FIFA.

4 hours ago, HG5 said:

I’ve seen a couple of interesting things on social media today.

Sons of Struth FB had a post to the effect that bar Alf & Fil, the rest of 2019’s LC final team played on Wednesday.

Stale as, or what?

The other was from a ‘Gio van tactics man’ on Twitter - reckoning 3 of last years squad were promised moves by Gerrard, which were either later refused or no bids came in.

Which may account for some obvious (or less in some cases) lack of motivation / focus - which lots on here have called out against certain individuals on plenty of occasions.

Obviously Gio has to work with what he’s been left with now, but the sooner he can get his own men in, the better.

I am excited to see what Gio can build mate.

I am fully 100% behind him, That could change possibly but if he gets a reaction on Sunday that will certainly help the rest of the fan base who are pissed off with him haha.

Time for a massive change this summer and finally say goodbye to a lot of these players we have been stuck with in what seems forever.

20 hours ago, GeeSS said:

That line up is so bad no thought on shape or tactics just 11 guys flung together 

Wtf are you on about, everyone of those players I mentioned have played or do play in that position. In your next post you said yourself you’d start bassey at LB and Jack.