Ring the changes Gio!

kelvd1873

I’m pretty optimistic at the best of times but last night was honking. We have not played well in the last 3 away games so fwiw I think it’s time to change it up. Here comes some optimism… we have a spine of a team returning from injury/internationals… 14 wins from 14 wins us the league. 

I would drop mcgregor for mcglaughlin, 6 goals in 2 games and the manner of the goals simply isn’t good enough no matter who you are.

barasic 🤦🏼‍♂️- put bassey at LB

Goldson - honestly this guys head is gone. His contact situation is fucking with his head and it’s costing us goals/points. If he doesn’t sign the contract asap and helander is fit play him beside balogun. let Goldson sit on the bench until he leaves. 

tav - 50/50 on him only because I’ve never seen the new polish RB Play, he’s never a captain though. 

Kamara needs a break imo, straight swap for Jack (who I would make captain)

arfield or ramsay depending on his fitness 

aribo

RW Sakala

CF morelos

LW kent dropped for roofe. Kent also needs some bench time. 

the team doesn’t defend well with the current players, hopefully Gio alters his tactics to actually go for teams before it becomes too late. 

26 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Its his tactics that need to change more than anything else.........

I’m not sure anymore what his style is. We were pretty attacking when he first came in now we look like we were trying to defend our position at the top not extend it! 

Just now, kelvd1873 said:

I’m not sure anymore what his style is. We were pretty attacking when he first came in now we look like we were trying to defend our position at the top not extend it! 

Aribo and Scotty were on fire , it had nothing to do GVB , his style of play is now coming out and we dont like it.

Every time we lose a game people call for the changes to be rung but we’ve seen enough from the ‘squad players’ to already know that they aren’t much better, if anything they are even worse.

Jack and Balogun will come into the side, but that will be the height of it.

6 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Every time we lose a game people call for the changes to be rung but we’ve seen enough from the ‘squad players’ to already know that they aren’t much better, if anything they are even worse.

Jack and Balogun will come into the side, but that will be the height of it.

Morelos will be back in the team, Ramsey helander depends on fitness. 

1 hour ago, kelvd1873 said:

I’m pretty optimistic at the best of times but last night was honking. We have not played well in the last 3 away games so fwiw I think it’s time to change it up. Here comes some optimism… we have a spine of a team returning from injury/internationals… 14 wins from 14 wins us the league. 

I would drop mcgregor for mcglaughlin, 6 goals in 2 games and the manner of the goals simply isn’t good enough no matter who you are.

barasic 🤦🏼‍♂️- put bassey at LB

Goldson - honestly this guys head is gone. His contact situation is fucking with his head and it’s costing us goals/points. If he doesn’t sign the contract asap and helander is fit play him beside balogun. let Goldson sit on the bench until he leaves. 

tav - 50/50 on him only because I’ve never seen the new polish RB Play, he’s never a captain though. 

Kamara needs a break imo, straight swap for Jack (who I would make captain)

arfield or ramsay depending on his fitness 

aribo

RW Sakala

CF morelos

LW kent dropped for roofe. Kent also needs some bench time. 

the team doesn’t defend well with the current players, hopefully Gio alters his tactics to actually go for teams before it becomes too late. 

Personally i would go with our best and strongest team for the next 3-5 games and see how it plays out. If we drop points in a couple of those games then I would ditch some of the players that won't be here for next season and start blooding some youngsters. 

Only one I would change from your list would be putting mccrorie in goals for a run of games with a view of him being 1st choice next season. 

Goldsons contract is not fucking with his head his mind has already been set. He is an English player who wants his big move down to the league he watched as a boy and supports he has a slight arrogance to our league up here and i don't know why because he can be a fucking bomb scare at times. Think its time we try and offload every single one of Gerrards signings and bring in Gios vision and put the trust in him to get it right its the only way. 

I have always had my doubts about Tav. Never one of these fans who slaughter him week in week out but i do not trust his mind set when it comes to winning i think he is a total bottle merchant. His presser the other day he looked defeated and had a cant be arsed aura about him. Pretty good with reading players body languages he had no hunger in his eyes or the way he was talking about the game. Sure some people will be outraged with my guessing of someone's mindset but surely some will agree with me or get the point i am trying to make.

Think its time for a lot of our players to go and build a brand new team from scratch in the summer. 

2 hours ago, BlueAvenger said:

Change the fuckin tactics. High press shackles off and fuckin go for it every game ! 

This. We don't need to ping the hamstrings like they do (I believe plenty more will struggle as the season draws to a close for them) but we should be pressing high and winning the ball back in good areas. Early Gerrard days were spot on, we'd force mistakes and punish teams from turnovers.

Players panic against a high press and the majority of this league are not good enough to play through it (ourselves included).

2 hours ago, BlueVanguard said:

Goldsons contract is not fucking with his head his mind has already been set. He is an English player who wants his big move down to the league he watched as a boy and supports he has a slight arrogance to our league up here and i don't know why because he can be a fucking bomb scare at times. Think its time we try and offload every single one of Gerrards signings and bring in Gios vision and put the trust in him to get it right its the only way. 

I have always had my doubts about Tav. Never one of these fans who slaughter him week in week out but i do not trust his mind set when it comes to winning i think he is a total bottle merchant. His presser the other day he looked defeated and had a cant be arsed aura about him. Pretty good with reading players body languages he had no hunger in his eyes or the way he was talking about the game. Sure some people will be outraged with my guessing of someone's mindset but surely some will agree with me or get the point i am trying to make.

Think its time for a lot of our players to go and build a brand new team from scratch in the summer. 

Watford bid for Barasic. If any player looks to have chucked it its him.

3 hours ago, Bigdave30 said:

This team looked like it was falling to bits before Gio came in.

Theres more reasons than the allure of the EPL that Gerrard slinked out the door rapid IMO.

Yes, Gio gave us a lift at the time I think Gerrard got out quick when he saw he was not getting a tune out of them.

Just now, Smile said:

Yes, Gio gave us a lift at the time I think Gerrard got out quick when he saw he was not getting a tune out of them.

He got out because he knew all the players he signed were shite and won 1 single trophy in 3 and half years , the worst record for any of our managers. Notice he never even made an attempt to buy any of them at Villa.

1 minute ago, sassaaaa said:

He got out because he knew all the players he signed were shite and won 1 single trophy in 3 and half years , the worst record for any of our managers. Notice he never even made an attempt to buy any of them at Villa.

I never expected him too, people were shouting about Barisic, Kamara, Aribo he's buying players like Digne and Coutinho.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

I never expected him too, people were shouting about Barisic, Kamara, Aribo he's buying players like Digne and Coutinho.

Coutinho will stick in a couple of early performances and will be on the bench and sent back to Barca , the guy has been finished for years. Woeful performances for Barca and Bayern and was hardly ever off the bench for both of them. Another Gerrard gem of a signing .

Tactics all wrong. Gerrard would have been in their faces from the off, we might have lost, but that was pitiful. This sitting off and picking them off on the counter is the wrong way. We are Rangers, we have a good enough team to make the opposition have to deal with us first, not us under the cosh.

Just now, ayrshireranger said:

Tactics all wrong. Gerrard would have been in their faces from the off, we might have lost, but that was pitiful. This sitting off and picking them off on the counter is the wrong way. We are Rangers, we have a good enough team to make the opposition have to deal with us first, not us under the cosh.

It was very much like the first Gerrard game against them. Felt like we were waiting to get beat.