Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

6 minutes ago, The No.9 said:

Our domestic style of play is abysmal and it’s not just based on against celtic, we sit on the ball and mostly play safe side to side passes.

We invite teams to come on to us and attack, we have basically no identity going forward like genuinely what’s our style of play other than full backs swinging the ball in?

Aye we will still beat the rest of the league more often than not but since January in the league we look nothing more than second best.

They win games in the opening 30 minutes, we barely even score a goal before the 30 minute mark.

When it comes to Europe Giovanni is very impressive he just seems to know what he is doing.

When it comes to the league however we look fucking rank rotten and he needs to change it and NOW! 

So defensive its actually brutal. Would love to see Alfredo and Colak upfront to see how things work out. Cant really get any worse can it?

2 minutes ago, The No.9 said:

Our domestic style of play is abysmal and it’s not just based on against celtic, we sit on the ball and mostly play safe side to side passes.

We invite teams to come on to us and attack, we have basically no identity going forward like genuinely what’s our style of play other than full backs swinging the ball in?

Aye we will still beat the rest of the league more often than not but since January in the league we look nothing more than second best.

Yeah  agree with this . 

The difference between the two teams are they are faster and more direct . Directness is probably a managers decision , but speed is down to training on the park . We're lacking on both aspects .

3 minutes ago, IpswichGer said:

New arseholes best get tore this afternoon.

New arseholes getting tore is old school & we don't have that in us

Before Gio's interview I'll call it...he'll say they were more clinical, we kept the ball well & done much better 2nd half but they took their chances

Looking at the stats aye you'd have to agree...watching the game on the park, it's a fucking lie

1 minute ago, Valance1690 said:

I honestly can't be fucked looking it up but you're saying we've had 29 away games under Gio and lost 15? 

As somebody said if that's true then aye that's fucking disgusting

Not lost. I wrote fucked. Lost, drawn, dropped points. All the same. Can't go on a run of wins, can't win fuck all.

Gio treats these games like European aways when the reality is they are just chaos and you need players who can thrive in the chaos

You also have to set yourself up for it, not invite them on to you. It’s a boxing match and you have to land a few blows on them otherwise the pressure tells and people make mistakes 

4 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

29 away games since Gio took charge across all competitions.

Won 14

Fucked 15

Longest streak of wins is 7 just after he took over in the league.

Since then we haven't managed more than 3 fucking wins in a row before fucking it up again.

Can't expect to win fuck all like that.

Especially not when they haven't lost a league game since September 19th 2021.

Are these stats real? That's incredible if so!

2 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

I honestly can't be fucked looking it up but you're saying we've had 29 away games under Gio and lost 15? 

As somebody said if that's true then aye that's fucking disgusting

Naa it will include draws - i.e. hibs last week or whenever the fuck it was

Just now, Supersonic said:

Not lost. I wrote fucked. Lost, drawn, dropped points. All the same. Can't go on a run of wins, can't win fuck all.

Ahh fair enough, still at us a draw is as bad as a loss most of the time

The USG away game should've been a massive warning sign, today was the same except against a better team

Ready for the pelters here.

Don't think we should be sacking our manager 6 games into the season after a draw and a defeat. Understand the reaction but it's a bit knee jerk. Only two weeks ago he was being called a genius for getting us champions League football. I'm saying that he needs to react. He needs to have an alternative plan and get a tune out of this team.

We need to regroup fast. We canny feel sorry for ourselves but he needs to bring down the hammer on these guys then come back together and go again.

New arseholes getting tore is old school & we don't have that in us

Before Gio's interview I'll call it...he'll say they were more clinical, we kept the ball well & done much better 2nd half but they took their chances

Looking at the stats aye you'd have to agree...watching the game on the park, it's a fucking lie

The only actual chance we had that would have had the potential to change that result in any way, shape or form was the Colak header which he should have buried when it was 1-0, it would have made it 1-1 

Other “chances” we had were after the game was already lost and sadly that was done after the 2nd. I saw a group of players who chucked it completely. Kent chucked it after his mistake for their 1st goal. What he did for their 2nd is just downright unprofessional.

Ahh fair enough, still at us a draw is as bad as a loss most of the time

The USG away game should've been a massive warning sign, today was the same except against a better team

If USG took their chances that night we'd have stood no chance in the home leg. Was unreal that night. 

2 minutes ago, BlueVanguard said:

When it comes to Europe Giovanni is very impressive he just seems to know what he is doing.

When it comes to the league however we look fucking rank rotten and he needs to change it and NOW! 

So defensive its actually brutal. Would love to see Alfredo and Colak upfront to see how things work out. Cant really get any worse can it?

He won't change it other than perhaps a few tweaks and he won't go with both Colak and Morelos up top. It'll be more of the same going fwd. Might be good enough to beat the majority of the dross in Scotland (without blowing them away like they do) with the odd draw flung in but won't win us any league titles. I said in an earlier thread I can't see Savco dropping points unless it's us,other side's just fold quickly under the intensity that fat bastard has his side playing. Now I'm not even certain about us. 

Just now, psb07158 said:

The only actual chance we had that would have had the potential to change that result in any way, shape or form was the Colak header which he should have buried when it was 1-0, it would have made it 1-1 

Other “chances” we had were after the game was already lost and sadly that was done after the 2nd. I saw a group of players who chucked it completely. Kent chucked it after his mistake for their 1st goal. What he did for their 2nd is just downright unprofessional.

100% agree but after February we heard Gio say we controlled the 2nd half, clinical finishing and silly mistakes let us down

Today the 'stats' back that up even more as they had 4 chances and scord 4 goals, with us having even more possession

Gio will come out and say it's disappointing but it happens...completey out of touch with the actual game 

It’s worrying that the first half was a carbon copy of the game in February. Lessons haven’t been learnt, and although the buck will stop with the manager, there’s plenty of blame to go around and plenty of people involved with the side who need to have a long hard look at themselves.

Just now, BlueSuedeSambas said:

It’s worrying that the first half was a carbon copy of the game in February. Lessons haven’t been learnt, and although the buck will stop with the manager, there’s plenty of blame to go around and plenty of people involved with the side who need to have a long hard look at themselves.

Some of them have had 2 or 3 years to look at themselves.

Losers.

2 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

If USG took their chances that night we'd have stood no chance in the home leg. Was unreal that night. 

Could've easily been 3/4 aye and we wouldn't have had a chance, we got away with it then had a good home performance, something that seems to be a thing under Gio

Today was the opposite, if they wanted to score 6/7 they could have, they took the foot off the gas, rested players & still managed to win the 2nd half 

The fact we chucked it at half time just sums us up