Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

3 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Believe the board will wait till the end of the season no matter what

Honestly don't think Gio will, he's too nice a person (part of the problem) to stay in the job when the fans fully turn against him

Personally think he'll walk when the group stages are done & the World Cup comes around 

Gio won't walk away from the most lucrative contract hes ever had.

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

He finishes second and they run riot he's getting chased out the door. Our support won't stand it and ibrox will be toxic.

He either turns it around this season or he's getting the boot

As much i would love to eat humble pie, id gladly take it, i just don't see him turning it around. i've seen enough. 

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Gio won't walk away from the most lucrative contract hes ever had.

If it turns as toxic as its threatening to, I think he will

He's not the kinda guy to take pelters similar to Lennon got every single game, fans outside the stadium etc.

World Cup would be the best place to part ways if we make it that far without things completely going to shit

4 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

If it turns as toxic as its threatening to, I think he will

He's not the kinda guy to take pelters similar to Lennon got every single game, fans outside the stadium etc.

World Cup would be the best place to part ways if we make it that far without things completely going to shit

its all down to him having a different approach or the writing's on the wall. 

33 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

i dont think he should get that long - he gets till the next old firm game imo (especially if we are as I expect to be even further behind them) and if we lose that then thanks but we move on. This is the issue i have with employing ex players as managers its always harder for people to separate the player from the coach and hold on for too long just out of blind respect for what they did previously. End of the day the league is our bread and butter and unless things change quickly he is not up to the task

If we're at least 10 points behind after the next game against them and out of Europe then I don't think you'll get many defending him. 

But the main problem won't be away. The board will just under fund the next guy after Gio. 

1 minute ago, sausagetrunks said:

its all down to him having a different approach or the writing's on the wall. 

He's played the same way throughout his managerial career & even with 7 signings this summer, our options are shocking 

Mcgregor/McLaughlin 

Tav Goldson Sands Borna is probably the back 4 for the next few weeks at the very least

Lundstrum & Tillman probably 

Colak & Kent 

Those 9 are pretty much nailed on for Ajax & Aberdeen just now as we have fuck all else, leaves 2 positions & the options for those are terrible.

18 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

As much i would love to eat humble pie, id gladly take it, i just don't see him turning it around. i've seen enough. 

We seen red flags last season in the league with gio. The arguments then were it's the players fault they bottled it before under gerrard and it wasn't his squad he needs the summer to add his own players. 

He's had the time to know which players he wanted to keep and who he wanted to add. We'll never know how happy he really was about the summer investment. But he's publicly said he was happy with the team and business.  

I've not doubt the board don't want to be looking for a new manager and gio will get time. But if we fall further behind a real possibility on current form things will get toxic. 

Love to be wrong but don't think he will turn it round. Never known a rangers manager to recover from a result as bad as today. He's also showing a complete stubbornness to an approach that isn't working domestically. 

Ange has his number and the rest of the leagues domestically. 

Ultimately, success to the board is what we do in Europe as that’s the only way we can be self sufficient. But success to the fans is the league first and foremost and Europe as a very close second. 

Knew we were losing the game when I saw the line up and heard his pre match interview saying you look at the opposition then pick your team.

No we’re Rangers Football Club we pick a team for ourselves that goes out to win.

I like Van Bronckhorst but he seems to over think things at times. 
Kamara/Davis/Lundstram should never start in Scotland.

Really need to impose ourselves on teams we have the quality despite today. 
Points dropped at pittodrie and his position could start to look shaky

4 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Ange has his number and the rest of the leagues domestically. 

Ultimately, success to the board is what we do in Europe as that’s the only way we can be self sufficient. But success to the fans is the league first and foremost and Europe as a very close second. 

His number isn't a hard one to get.

2 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I get were all hurting but I find it mental that people think we should replace the manager 6 games into the season and believe it will do us good.

It's more to lessen the time it will take to get our title back. Putting it off a year just let's then rack up more.

Deep down we know Gio won't win a league here.

Just now, The Godfather said:

It's more to lesser the time it will take to get our title back. Putting it off a year just let's then rack up more.

Deep down we know Gio won't win a league here.

Nobody knows that. I'm no gonna try and point to any positives about players coming back or him changing or anything after that today, but it's far too early to react by getting shot of the manager.

1 hour ago, sausagetrunks said:

if were out of it by january id pay him off. get a coach in early for next year.  

Kamara

kent

jack

alfie

Goldson 

these players have been really good for us are all of a sudden shite.  its hard to stcik up for Gio atm. 

Kamara has been bang average domestically his whole time here

Kent as well.

Jack looks unfit and out of shape

Morelos has always had spells of utter garbage

Goldson was rotten at the start of last season too

Them being shite has fuck all to do with GVB.

51 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Its all going to turn sour at Pittodrie next week.

Fuck up man, we’ll win. 

7 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I get were all hurting but I find it mental that people think we should replace the manager 6 games into the season and believe it will do us good.

They made their minds up last season, then backed down once we won a cup and got far in Europe. 

Same players letting us down, time and time again and it’s all down to GVB.

3 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Take away having any personal nastiness towards the manager, because we all know he cares:

Do you really, honestly believe he wins us the league now?

Na.

So let’s cut it short and move forward.

What if the new manager gets beat in an old firm and drops points with 9 men on the pitch? Get rid of him also?

I hope there is a reaction from the staff and players. I certainly hope they don't have the same defeatist attitude as yours with 32 games or something remaining.

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Kent as well.

Fuck up man, we’ll win. 

They made their minds up last season, then backed down once we won a cup and got far in Europe. 

I dont think we will. Score draw.

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Kent as well.

Fuck up man, we’ll win. 

In a way he keeps picking them if they are poor drop them

The longer he allows the same shit in performances and tactics he'll be out of a job .and still we will be lumbered with the same gutless attitude .

The biggest start to our season was today and they totally fucking blew it.

Disgraceful acceptance of a piss poor build up and preparation but hey we'll take it on the chin.