Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

So we spent the majority of our summer window money on a left back to sit on the bench? And we have to be okay about that? Has Barisic form been that fucking outstanding this season?

When everybody knows the reason he’s not been playing then it’s absolutely pointless to ask the manager

12 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

What’s the deal with Ben Davies, been sitting on the bench for an age when it’s clear Sands isn’t good enough.

We’re throwing a teenager in King in ahead of him on a regular basis. Mental for a guy that cost us £4m.

Ridvan not getting a look in is absolutely bizarre as well.

I think the ‘mask’ slipped with Gio post match tonight where he came as close as he probably ever will that he isn’t happy with the recruitment. 

Said he picked the team he thought was best placed to get a result based on what he has seen in training. 

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

When everybody knows the reason he’s not been playing then it’s absolutely pointless to ask the manager

Pointless asking the manager anything when you never get a follow up question to his answer. Borna hasn't been that outstanding that the lad shouldn't be at least starting a few league games.

1 minute ago, eskbankloyal said:

I think the ‘mask’ slipped with Gio post match tonight where he came as close as he probably ever will that he isn’t happy with the recruitment. 

Said he picked the team he thought was best placed to get a result based on what he has seen in training. 

Same mask that all but confirms he has zero input in transfers at the club.

3 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

I’m in 2 minds about Gio. I felt after the celtic/ajax games the game was up for him. He got a reaction out of the squad tonight & I’d say got it tactically right up until the red card. 

The squad he is playing with is an embarrassment though. 

I just can’t shake the feeling he isn’t going to cut it though. His domestic away record will be his downfall. 

All the warnings we had from Feyenoord supporters were true. 

The situation is 100 fold with the disgrace above him.

6 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

The giveaway was constantly adjusting the microphone with his hand. He was nervous at the question.

Just now, GabrielTomato said:

Mate.

Wake up and smell the shit, we're being taken for ride. 

The Club is a shambles and Ridvan should never have been signed.

I don’t disagree, but anybody asking at a press conference why he isn’t playing is a moron

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

9 months in and tbh any philosophy he had went out the window tonight as we went back to our 2018/19 team and tactics.

Keep compact, launch balls up to Alfie and feed off scraps or get it wide with Tav and Barasic putting crosses in.

Just feels like a matter of time now with him.

To be fair he did the same at Feyenoord in the Champions League. He filled the team with grafters.

6 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

9 months in and tbh any philosophy he had went out the window tonight as we went back to our 2018/19 team and tactics.

Keep compact, launch balls up to Alfie and feed off scraps or get it wide with Tav and Barasic putting crosses in.

Just feels like a matter of time now with him.

Does it really tho? no chance he's gone before the end of the season imo. 

Just now, KingKirk said:

He will definitely be gone before the end of the season, he will unfortunately make it to the World Cup break though and by that stage the season will be more or less finished for us 

1 minute ago, eskbankloyal said:

To be fair he did the same at Feyenoord in the Champions League. He filled the team with grafters.

I’m sure that works quite well for a team like Feyenoord (who also aren’t quite at the level of PSV or Ajax) in the Eredivisie where most teams prioritise technical ability.

It’s utterly pointless in a league like ours though, as literally every team is filled with grafters.

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Zero points in past 3 games with a goal difference of 11-0.

Dundee United on Saturday is massive but we’ll get through that.

Hearts away, Liverpool away, Liverpool at home could be the straw that breaks the camels back.

31 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

As it stands the money wasted on Yilmaz and Davies is fucking criminal 

Hindsight is great .But there will be very few who thought Borna would regain any kind of form Nevermind the level he has found in recent games where he has been probably our best performer.

As for Davies ,Does anyone know the real story .A few weeks back he was interviewed at the fan park and had just resumed training .But according to Gio he has only just returned and there are rumours he has family issues of which I don’t think have been confirmed yet .

Just now, magic8ball said:

Hindsight is great .But there will be very few who thought Borna would regain any kind of form Nevermind the level he has found in recent games where he has been probably our best performer.

As for Davies ,Does anyone know the real story .A few weeks back he was interviewed at the fan park and had just resumed training .But according to Gio he has only just returned and there are rumours he has family issues of which I don’t think have been confirmed yet .

Hindsight is great but that’s how evaluating signings in football usually works. You’re correct that nobody could see Barisic regaining form and everyone wanted a replacement brought in for Bassey, but the fact is it’s pretty mental that we spent the money we did on a replacement and still very rarely see him, even off the bench.

I know literally nothing about Davies and knew nothing about him when he signed either other than Liverpool seen him as a waste of a signing. 

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Zero points in past 3 games with a goal difference of 11-0.

Dundee United on Saturday is massive but we’ll get through that.

Hearts away, Liverpool away, Liverpool at home could be the straw that breaks the camels back.

Unless it's 6 or 7 job v Liverpool both games I don't see him being punted off the back of champions league fixtures mate. Domestically he should've been done after parkhead. 

Beat Dundee United then hearts we will limp on imo