Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

I wanted Bielsa before Gerrard came in tbh and I wouldn’t be against it in the WC break but I think for now GVB has to get stronger with Wilson and the board in general. 

You can see the impact 3 players that Man Utd have signed that the manager clearly knows from his previous role. 

I find it very hard to believe that GVB, Vos and Maakay with all their experiences in Holland don’t have a single player they feel would improve us from that league. 

I also feel like we never get our first choice target and tbh I’d be annoyed if Matondo for example was our priority for RW

9 minutes ago, stevemac said:

aye ano, one would make us defensively sound, the other would have us all attacking, like that mob, but under a far better coach.

Think they will come knowing you'll want them sacked the second they drop ponts?

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Think they will come knowing you'll want them sacked the second they drop ponts?

pretty sure they won't give a fuck what fans on a forum think. Plus, you know fine well it isn't just the result vs them or even the result vs hibs, we've been absolutely honking in the league pretty much since Gio arrived. 

15 minutes ago, stevemac said:

aye ano, one would make us defensively sound, the other would have us all attacking, like that mob, but under a far better coach.

Neither will happen but it would all depend on what the board value more. 

Dyche would have us playing a very similar quite boring to watch style domestically that Gio arguably already has us playing, albeit we are conceding daft goals atm. 

Bielsa would probably have us blowing teams away domestically but would have us utterly fucked in Europe most of the time. That’s actually what Celtics issue with Ange is going to be, they’re going to be far too exposed constantly in Europe 

9 minutes ago, stevemac said:

pretty sure they won't give a fuck what fans on a forum think. Plus, you know fine well it isn't just the result vs them or even the result vs hibs, we've been absolutely honking in the league pretty much since Gio arrived. 

So if Bielsa comes in half the season with another managers team you're happy to judge him? Not giving him his own team and his own season?

1 hour ago, Dickie said:

Where the fuck did I say he should have been sacked for the Ramsey penalty fuck up.

When the fuck was Ramsey world class and he wasn’t even half decent with us. 
We all agree Gio did brilliantly to get us to the final but he fucked it up big style,he was hired to win the league and is proving to be a complete dud domestically and self preservation will see this shambles of a board bin him once the protests start.

:lol: 

51 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

So if Bielsa comes in half the season with another managers team you're happy to judge him? Not giving him his own team and his own season?

Gio has had his own season, failed miserably, and not looking likely to change that (domestically, at least) any time soon. do you persevere with shite performances week in week out or make a change to improve the problem?

23 minutes ago, stevemac said:

Gio has had his own season, failed miserably, and not looking likely to change that (domestically, at least) any time soon. do you persevere with shite performances week in week out or make a change to improve the problem?

Had his own season?

4 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

First of all you need to calm down, you’re coming across as completely unhinged. 

Secondly you quoted a post saying that our European exploits had saved him last season and said that it had only given him a certain amount of leeway because of how poorly he handled the penalty shoot out selection. There was no chance anything he did regarding that final was going to harm his job at all.

Ramsey at full fitness is arguably in the world class category of footballer. Fact is if he wasn’t so injury prone we wouldn’t have been anywhere near him. You don’t go from Juventus wanting you to be a starter for them to being on loan with us unless you were a top level of player and something has went south somewhere along the line.

I find it incredible that you think his level is even that much up for debate. Although maybe that’s not what you mean as you clearly struggle to articulate yourself very well and feel the need to swear repeatedly. 

Sorry about the swearing I didn’t realise how delicate you were.

Ramsey was never remotely near to world class,apart from in your head.

You make it out that winning a few games in Europe makes up for Gio being completely hopeless domestically.

Maybe if I tried hogging the forum the way you do I would be as articulate as yourself,it’s a football forum not a place for showing off how academic folk are so if you are easily offended petal then just ignore my posts.

11 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Sorry about the swearing I didn’t realise how delicate you were.

Ramsey was never remotely near to world class,apart from in your head.

You make it out that winning a few games in Europe makes up for Gio being completely hopeless domestically.

Maybe if I tried hogging the forum the way you do I would be as articulate as yourself,it’s a football forum not a place for showing off how academic folk are so if you are easily offended petal then just ignore my posts.

Based on your limited knowledge of football I will indeed be ignoring your posts in the future.

2 hours ago, stevemac said:

Shite performances week in week out? Did we no just win our last two home games 4-0? Did he take over a team on the brink of exiting Europe at the group stages and take us all the way to the final only to lose with a penalty? Has he had his own season with his own signings/pre season etc?

I'll ask again. If yer man Bielsa finishes this season second then loses an old firm in the first 6 games next season will we bin him?

4 hours ago, Dickie said:

Where the fuck did I say he should have been sacked for the Ramsey penalty fuck up.

When the fuck was Ramsey world class and he wasn’t even half decent with us. 
We all agree Gio did brilliantly to get us to the final but he fucked it up big style,he was hired to win the league and is proving to be a complete dud domestically and self preservation will see this shambles of a board bin him once the protests start.

Throwing this wild theory out there but wasn't Ramsay world class when he played for two of the top teams in two of the top leagues I'm the world? 

Blaming Gio for losing the final is minded boggling. Like truly fucking dumb. 

15 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Throwing this wild theory out there but wasn't Ramsay world class when he played for two of the top teams in two of the top leagues I'm the world? 

Blaming Gio for losing the final is minded boggling. Like truly fucking dumb. 

Not every player in a top league team is world class so you’re at least right about it being a wild theory.

So it wasn’t Gio who made the ludicrous decision to bring on a player who had contributed next to nothing to our season and wouldn’t have lost a minutes sleep over missing the penalty.

10 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Not every player in a top league team is world class so you’re at least right about it being a wild theory.

So it wasn’t Gio who made the ludicrous decision to bring on a player who had contributed next to nothing to our season and wouldn’t have lost a minutes sleep over missing the penalty.

You're actually blaming Gio for Ramsay missing a penalty 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Wales actual penalty taker behind Bale. 

5 hours ago, stevemac said:

Well that last part is a lie given gio went on a run when he came where we went to 3 tough away grounds and won all 3 and only conceded 1 goal, as per most of this squad they shat the bed post xmas

1 hour ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Shite performances week in week out? Did we no just win our last two home games 4-0? Did he take over a team on the brink of exiting Europe at the group stages and take us all the way to the final only to lose with a penalty? Has he had his own season with his own signings/pre season etc?

I'll ask again. If yer man Bielsa finishes this season second then loses an old firm in the first 6 games next season will we bin him?

Methinks steve is desperate for this thread to be a success given the roaring cunt it looked when gio got us to seville lol