Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

22 minutes ago, TheBluebells said:

We won’t considering how shite we are away to other teams apart from them. 

Well this season apart from an absolutely shocking ref display and morelos being dick, we'd have won our two away games outside of the OF, and wether we think the hibs game was shite or not, its not often we go to easter road and keep them to one shot on target by the hour mark, we were in complete control until collum played his part

4 hours ago, SIRB_72 said:

I've said it before and I'm sticking to it. If we sort out the head to head vs celtic we'll win this league.

no we won't, we will drop points all over the place, its the tactics, management and style of football that need sorted out.  i still believe we have a good enough squad to easily beat teams in the SPL but Gio is not getting the best outta the squad. IMO were running about 50 percent and this is down to management, he just isn't getting the best out of them.  our away record is abysmal under GIO. He is the problem. 

27 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

no we won't, we will drop points all over the place, its the tactics, management and style of football that need sorted out.  i still believe we have a good enough squad to easily beat teams in the SPL but Gio is not getting the best outta the squad. IMO were running about 50 percent and this is down to management, he just isn't getting the best out of them.  our away record is abysmal under GIO. He is the problem. 

I agree that we have a good bit to improve especially the performances but here we are playing pish and only two points behind the gallowgate galacticos. If we find half of that 50% we'll be dangerous.

As for away from home celtic have dropped more points away from home than we have since Gio joined. I'll concede celtic have played two more away games but in Gio's 13 away league games and celtic's last 13 away they've dropped 1 more point than us. It isn't that abysmal unless celtic's is as well.

10 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

A lot of negativity in this thread.

You'd think the season was over and we  were trophyless reading it. 

Will give it a miss in future  and see how many games ahead of us we win  before panicking and surrendering to the scum. 

Theres been posts on here saying we will finish 20 points behind them or be closer to third than first.

Madness.

15 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

A lot of negativity in this thread.

You'd think the season was over and we  were trophyless reading it. 

Will give it a miss in future  and see how many games ahead of us we win  before panicking and surrendering to the scum. 

Gio is underspending compared to the aussie. Gerrard had the same issue but managed to punch above his weight. There's ambiguity over whether Gio is a manager or coach.  Regardless, he needs to deliver results.  The season is far from over and every trophy is up for grabs.

But.

With Gerrard I believed, despite some awful cup results, that the 1st team and squad was progressing I just don't see it with the current lot. Do you?  Are you confident or hopeful of silverware this season?

4 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Gio is underspending compared to the aussie. Gerrard had the same issue but managed to punch above his weight. There's ambiguity over whether Gio is a manager or coach.  Regardless, he needs to deliver results.  The season is far from over and every trophy is up for grabs.

But.

With Gerrard I believed, despite some awful cup results, that the 1st team and squad was progressing I just don't see it with the current lot. Do you?  Are you confident or hopeful of silverware this season?

No disrespect mate, but as I said earlier I am giving this thread a miss. Pretty much as I did when people wanted Gio sacked on our Euro run last season. 

Can people refrain from quoting me in this topic? 

2 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

No disrespect mate, but as I said earlier I am giving this thread a miss. Pretty much as I did when people wanted Gio sacked on our Euro run last season. 

Can people refrain from quoting me in this topic? 

:hiboys:

The scum result today has absolutely nothing to do with us playing utter pish, I'd like to think we will start playing well but it's not happening anytime soon.

The players are going through the motions and we're all doing the same watching them, there's more than Gio at fault but I want a change of manager and direction, here we are finally in the champions league after years and club morale is threw the floor, it's a disgrace.