*****The Official Braga vs Rangers Thread*****

1 hour ago, sausagetrunks said:

id play JM infront of McGregor.  this will be a very tough game for us. id take a draw, actually bite your hand off for a draw. 

Don’t know if we’ve changed it since the start of the season but McLaughlin hasn’t been getting into the Euro squad because he’s not classed as a home grown player 

On another note it’s mental we went to Braga with Flo Kamberi as our striker last time and he was actually a better option than anything we have available for tomorrow 

Just now, GA1972 said:

Don’t know if we’ve changed it since the start of the season but McLaughlin hasn’t been getting into the Euro squad because he’s not classed as a home grown player 

On another note it’s mental we went to Braga with Flo Kamberi as our striker last time and he was actually a better option than anything we have available for tomorrow 

He missed the CL squad and that was it

11 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Think he plays in English Div one these days, so third tier, no so sure about better option.

No lived up to his potential IMO 

5 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Until you said that had totally forgot he actually played in Lyon 🤦🏼‍♂️

Hopefully another appearance tomorrow 

Gio won't drop McGregor now & tbh there's not much point in him doing it

Everybody know's he's done at the end of the season, his mistakes have already cost us points & he obviously doesn't trust McLaughlin 

The thought of going into a European quarter final with roofe as the main striker is sickening , I like roofe ( against lower league teams)but the guy has no mobility something you need in a euro away tie his last 2 performances against the scum we’re pathetic

20 hours ago, Valance1690 said:

So the exact same setup as Sunday then?

No idea who Braga have at CB but if it's 2 relatively big guys then you'll see Roofe get back pocketed again for 90 minutes

Not if we play on the break. Roofe I think can do a job. Just has to be used right. 

13 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

The thought of going into a European quarter final with roofe as the main striker is sickening , I like roofe ( against lower league teams)but the guy has no mobility something you need in a euro away tie his last 2 performances against the scum we’re pathetic

Darcheville..

3 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

Not if we play on the break. Roofe I think can do a job. Just has to be used right. 

He doesn't have the pace or the physical presence to play upfront, he's a good penalty box striker but they're useless in the modern game, it's why Roofe struggles under Gio

No idea who Braga have at CB these days, can barely remember who they had last time! But if it's 2 big physical guys they'll just bully Roofe all night long and we'll get nothing from him

If we're going for anything involving Roofe it has to be 2 up top to try and get something out of him

1 hour ago, DW1872 said:

I'm honestly finding it difficult to garner much enthusiasm for this game or the rest of the season.

I'm so devastated with how this season has turned out and I'm struggling to get my head past the Aussie debacle.

Hopefully (of course) we get a positive result. No Alfie is a disaster for us though. 

Are you joking? This is for a place in the semi finals of a European trophy (a prestigious one at that). You live to see games like this. 

23 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

Are you joking? This is for a place in the semi finals of a European trophy (a prestigious one at that). You live to see games like this. 

That's a fair point, this game is massive and the rewards are massive but I don't truly believe we can actually win the Europa League and I have watched all season as we've gradually handed the initiative at home to the scum across the city when we should have been superior.

This is what has dented my enthusiasm. As I've mentioned before, my enthusiasm has also been dented (by more than I can describe) by the Aussie debacle.

I will watch tomorrow fully engrossed and obviously supporting the greatest club in the world but I cannot get past a lot of things that have taken place this season.

I live to see us rule the roost in our domestic league against the one club I want to beat more than any other and we haven't done that much recently.

Roofe will play well tomorrow and will score. He presses well and picks up on loose passes in these kind of games. Centre halves taking a stroll to the half way line will suit our counter well. He is probably the best finisher (and most naturally gifted) at the club, run of games hopefully get him going again.

6 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

The re-emergence of big Cedric is what your hinting at isn't it?

Honestly, I wouldn't even be opposed to it.

Will it likely go tits up...aye 

Is it better than just picking the same thing that hasn't worked last 2 times vs the taigs...100%

1 minute ago, Imodium said:

Roofe will play well tomorrow and will score. He presses well and picks up on loose passes in these kind of games. Centre halves taking a stroll to the half way line will suit our counter well. He is probably the best finisher (and most naturally gifted) at the club, run of games hopefully get him going again.

1 in 6 in Europe this season and 7 in 20 the league.

Hardly gifted 

Just now, Valance1690 said:

Is it better than just picking the same thing that hasn't worked last 2 times vs the taigs...100%

Was only joking really but agree that only an idiot does the same thing time and again and expects a different outcome.

1 hour ago, Ivybank said:

He’s alright when he shoots from his own half.

17 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

Was only joking really but agree that only an idiot does the same thing time and again and expects a different outcome.

If there's a better idea or a plan in place i'm all for it, whether its Sakala upfront with Kent/Aribo narrow either side I don't know

We just can't line up the same way as Sunday

25 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

We could play 3 up front but as long as the players keep doing the same shit that doesnt work it wont matter, 

Even if we play ramsey, roofe, itten up front, the hope beyond all hope crosses are a killer, we never look up and think "fuck crossing it as theres more defenders than attackers and its a waste" nope its a heads down and cross it in blindly hoping for a miracle

16 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

If there's a better idea or a plan in place i'm all for it, whether its Sakala upfront with Kent/Aribo narrow either side I don't know

We just can't line up the same way as Sunday

That's why we have a manager  he's meant to be able to adjust the team to make it work.

He's watched it fail badly days ago so if he doesn't change it tomorrow then the jigs up.