UCL 22/23

9 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

They’ve just won their league, I’d rather avoid as we know how strong Belgian football is right now. 

They didn't and we have won 4 out of 4 against Belgian teams in the last few seasons 

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Every day’s a school day, who won it?

Their league’s confusing as fuck man :lol: 

Club Brugge mate

With 6 games to go that Union SG had a 3 point lead going into their play-offs, ended up losing the league by 4 points or something

3 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

They didn't and we have won 4 out of 4 against Belgian teams in the last few seasons 

People think because the Belgian national team is strong their domestic league is too when the reality is Club Brugge are on our level and everybody else is pretty wank.

2 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

People think because the Belgian national team is strong their domestic league is too when the reality is Club Brugge are on our level and everybody else is pretty wank.

Don't Brugge employ Jack fucking Hendry? I think we'd be alright against them tbh

From a selfish point of view Monaco would be the best for away tickets and visiting, their average attendance is around 6,000 so we’d fill their ground out easily - by far the most difficult draw though.

Midtjylland and Union SG look like they’d be the easiest (that doesn’t mean they’re easy) draws, wee stadiums though.

That’s why I’d go for Sturm Graz, the best compromise between the difficulty of the draw and the convenience of going over there.

3 minutes ago, The true baller said:

Don't Brugge employ Jack fucking Hendry? I think we'd be alright against them tbh

They have a Champions League squad full of international quality. I *think* we do too, but we haven't got there to prove it yet. 

I'd fancy our chances too, but they're still a team on our level.

37 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Club Brugge mate

With 6 games to go that Union SG had a 3 point lead going into their play-offs, ended up losing the league by 4 points or something

Fuck sake, didn’t realise how mental their league was. 

We thought our split was bad, there’s is next level 

7 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Fuck sake, didn’t realise how mental their league was. 

We thought our split was bad, there’s is next level 

I actually quite like the idea of it, would create loads of exciting games at the end of the season :lol:

8 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Club Brugge are a good team.

They beat us to Skov Olsen in January too and it looks like he's recaptured his Danish league form. 15 goals/assists in 17 games for them. Shame we didn't get him.

I'm not worried about any of those Q3 teams other than Monaco though 

With Monaco as well, it wholly depends on how they reinvest the Tchouameni cash (if he goes as expected). 

Ben Yedder, Volland + Martins is a quality attack but defensively they can be got at. 

Just now, psb07158 said:

With Monaco as well, it wholly depends on how they reinvest the Tchouameni cash (if he goes as expected). 

Ben Yedder, Volland + Martins is a quality attack but defensively they can be got at. 

Think he's already been confirmed at Madrid no? Even without him and without spending any of it on other players they'd still worry me with just the players you mentioned there. They would definitely be favourites whereas we'd be favourites against all the rest

38 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

I actually quite like the idea of it, would create loads of exciting games at the end of the season :lol:

The Austrian split is a belter as well. Everyone plays each other twice, then it splits and halves the points tally of each team - then the top half play each other twice and bottom half play each other twice. 

On 15/06/2022 at 16:42, Broxi said:

Club Brugge are a good team.

They beat us to Skov Olsen in January too and it looks like he's recaptured his Danish league form. 15 goals/assists in 17 games for them. Shame we didn't get him.

I'm not worried about any of those Q3 teams other than Monaco though 

We definitely win the league and maybe the Europa if we sign him instead of Diallo and Ramsey.

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/05/2022 at 18:20, psb07158 said:

3rd round dates:
1st leg - 2/3 August 2022
2nd leg - 9 August 2022

Potential opponents update:

3rd round

Monaco
FC Midtjylland or AEK Larnaca
Sturm Graz
Union SG

Anyone else already trying to work out routes for each potential opponent?

Honestly man, the draw on the 18th can’t come soon enough :lol: