Frankfurt

33 minutes ago, King Jela said:

I was hoping for West Ham. Frankfurt cuckolded Barca in their own stadium. They'll sure as fuck fancy their chances. 

We did that to Dortmund. Neither of us are supposed to be here and both of us have slain giants in their own backyards to get here.

23 hours ago, onlythestrongsurvive said:

Really?  the same Zenit who hammered bayern 5-1 in the semis if I remember correctly.  Zenit were a great team back then.. Franfurt have done great, just as good, if not better than us but this is a much more even game.  I think we'll win 2-1 (seem to have a way of playing German teams lol)

Back in 2008 the Russian season ran from March to Nov.  When we played Zenit we were at the end of a 60+ game season whereas they were 2 nonths into their season and much fresher than us.  This had a massive effect on the game in Manchester. This final will be a level playing field on that front. 

Hintereger out is great for us. He’s a big threat from set pieces (has scored 11 in 87 whilst Goldson who is not bad himself has 13 in 130 for us).

He’s been a rock for them all season. They’ve been quite a solid defensive side with him. They’ve conceded less goals than Dortmund in the league. So a big blow for them

Barca wouldn’t have cared a jot about winning the Europa league, they will qualify for champions league through the league place and they are very much in transition. 

Facing a team that are not a European powerhouse and sit 12th in the Bundesliga to win a European trophy is the best chance we’ll get in any of our lifetimes. 

1 minute ago, SkylineBlue said:

I'm genuinely like this already.

Sometimes I think " we're going to fucking do this" and then I get a pure sinking feeling in my stomach at the thought of not winning it and go "there's no way we're going to win this".

I cant handle two weeks of this.

200w.gif

exactly how i feel. confident but terrified. the next 10 days are going drag like fuck.

16 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

My stomach's in knots thinking about it. Trying to convince myself they will be strong favourites and getting there is enormous. 

I can't even begin to think of winning it.

I'm still getting my head round actually getting to the final. 

Like you say, can't even picture Tav actually lifting the trophy yet. 

5 minutes ago, King Jela said:

I'm still getting my head round actually getting to the final. 

Like you say, can't even picture Tav actually lifting the trophy yet. 

Those words man. I get wee flashes of seeing it in my mind's eye and I start yo well up and get even more nervous.

Gio will not allow the players to underestimate Frankfurt . He will keep them in the same focus and mindset as the rest of the tournament 

same attitude , hunger and desire and I think we might just do it. 

the aftermath if we pull it off will be sensational 

20 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Fuck know how I will be on the day of it.

At least for Manchester I was on a bus out my face early on. The older I've got the worse the nerves have got. 

1 game..1 game and it changes everything. Not even helicopter Sunday had me like this.

Aye I think last time I just got back on it the next day, thing I'd be on a downer for weeks if we lost.

2 hours ago, The Godfather said:

My stomach's in knots thinking about it. Trying to convince myself they will be strong favourites and getting there is enormous. 

I can't even begin to think of winning it.

Maybe it’s just a Scottish thing, always expect to fall at the last hurdle.

But all I’ve had is visions of Tav lifting the Europa and us winning the game via an own goal.

Just got a glimpse of their semi final match. 

Heard that that they haven't reach a final for 42 years, and I'm thinking poor cunts haven't been in a final since the 1950s, but they meant 1980, so that was a harsh lesson.

(Always work back from 2000 for some reason).

Their pitch invasion was a bit of a disgrace, riot police and all.

1 minute ago, blaudrup said:

Just got a glimpse of their semi final match. 

Heard that that they haven't reach a final for 42 years, and I'm thinking poor cunts haven't been in a final since the 1950s, but they meant 1980, so that was a harsh lesson.

(Always work back from 2000 for some reason).

Their pitch invasion was a bit of a disgrace, riot police and all.

Cool mate, but how did they look at football?

4 hours ago, Brubear said:

Back in 2008 the Russian season ran from March to Nov.  When we played Zenit we were at the end of a 60+ game season whereas they were 2 nonths into their season and much fresher than us.  This had a massive effect on the game in Manchester. This final will be a level playing field on that front. 

ye lots of factors fucked us but the amount of games we had to play in such a short space of time because the SPL fucked us over was the biggest part.  Players were scunnered both phsically and emoionally and barely scraped by QOS in the Scottish Cup Final a few days later