How we could have been Glasgow Rovers....

MisterC

7 hours ago, MVRanger said:

Pretty sure El Bheggars only became sellick after some debate also....so the OF derby could easily have been Rovers v. Glasgow Hibernians. Not quite got the same ring to it.😀

It's basically right.  Their foundations were stolen from Hibs.   Ironic as almost all their 'traditions' are stolen. 

Rangers and QP are huge when it comes to history of Scottish football.  In fact I read last week that QP are the third most successful team in the Scottish Cup.  Fascinates me that that record still stands in 2022. 

2 hours ago, kanjo said:

It's basically right.  Their foundations were stolen from Hibs.   Ironic as almost all their 'traditions' are stolen. 

Rangers and QP are huge when it comes to history of Scottish football.  In fact I read last week that QP are the third most successful team in the Scottish Cup.  Fascinates me that that record still stands in 2022. 

Queens Park also got to the English FA Cup final twice.

On 28/05/2022 at 23:25, .Williamson. said:

Not at all, would have saved me a fortune 

I defo think people who live in Glasgow should get priority when it comes to match/season tickets. I don't see how foreigners from places like Northern Ireland get to hold onto season tickets when they only ever attend Celtic matches and the odd European game. 

7 hours ago, Monkey Butler said:

I defo think people who live in Glasgow should get priority when it comes to match/season tickets. I don't see how foreigners from places like Northern Ireland get to hold onto season tickets when they only ever attend Celtic matches and the odd European game. 

Surely you aren’t suggesting there’s fans within the Glasgow area that still don’t have STs, even with them going on sale every new season?

The foreigners you mentioned sound brilliant btw, all that money they’re putting into the club every season to only make a few games? 

You’ve convinced me mate, the club shouldn’t only be for Glasgow people, it would be dead.

On 30/05/2022 at 18:05, Thermopylae said:

Reminds me that the  designer of the spitfire wanted his plane to be called the shrew :ang:  It just shows when you sit down and think about it a while better ideas emerge :pipe:

Rangers is far better and more exclusive name than Rovers :rangers:

Achtung The Shrew ! Disnae hiv the same ring tae it diz it.😎