*****Champions League Group Stage Draw*****

G.E.C.

38 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

Heart and Hand podcast made a decent point earlier: people will pay it this year for the novelty.  They won't pay it in future years.

I checked back the attendance in 1996 and there was only 34k against Grasshoppers and 37k against Auxerre. Didn't even sell out against Ajax, which was the only one I went to that year.

Don't remember the attendances being great during Walter's 2nd Champions league campaigns either. 

In fact only Man United at home was a sell out between 09-11. 

2 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

My lassies have decided not take their tickets for this, just too much for them just now and I don't blame them tbh, i had a long think before deciding to get mine and I earn a lot more than them, bit pish for them after all the shite they've had to put with over the last 10 years going to the games, I don't even think the prices are that bad (although I think it's fucking disgraceful that season ticket holders in other sections are paying 30 quid more than me) sometimes other things in life are just more of a priority cash wise, none of the above will stop me laughing at them as I head out the door to the games however. 

So 2 together then getting let go?

1 hour ago, DiamondDan said:

I predicted it would be 180 so it was in line with what I expected, so i wasn't initially pissed off.

But, the club are milking us for every last penny they can. "If you're a loyal fan who can't afford it, who gives a f**k because there is someone else that can!" Is their attitude.

But, this sort of  greed leaves a bitter taste in people's mouths. We will pay it, but we know we are being mugged off. We won't forget it.

And when the day comes in the future (and it will come) when the board needs the benefit of the doubt and they need our loyalty then they'll find out that any goodwill is in very short supply...

Ours are £180.

That’s a 53% increase from last season’s EL package. 

1 hour ago, DiamondDan said:

Heart and Hand podcast made a decent point earlier: people will pay it this year for the novelty.  They won't pay it in future years.

I checked back the attendance in 1996 and there was only 34k against Grasshoppers and 37k against Auxerre. Didn't even sell out against Ajax, which was the only one I went to that year.

As long as the demand is there they will keep rinsing it for what its worth, especially European games at Ibrox. 

35 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

As long as the demand is there they will keep rinsing it for what its worth, especially European games at Ibrox. 

The demand will always be there if we are competitive but this is a huge step up in class and fans won’t pay this sort of cash to see us getting pumped.

8 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

I spend money on a ST every year knowing my trips will be limited. If anyone can moan about what they see in relation to money spent it’s myself. 

How much effort do you make mate?

where's your season go to when you cant make it ?

8 hours ago, King Jela said:

Don't remember the attendances being great during Walter's 2nd Champions league campaigns either. 

In fact only Man United at home was a sell out between 09-11. 

This. I can remember going to the club shop on Argyle Street and buying tickets for Bursaspor on the day of the game no problem. Was even able to get Man Utd tickets fairly easily and I wasn’t a season ticket holder back then.

1 hour ago, Roy Hobbs said:

I don't think it was. ITV showed the English champions, and STV had to pay extra for Rangers games. I don't think they showed them all.

I don't remember missing any games on TV, though I can only talk about away matches that I had to watch on telly tbh

22 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

I don't remember missing any games on TV, though I can only talk about away matches that I had to watch on telly tbh

I can't remember the exact details and this is all I can find in Google.

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/Rangers-champions-league-games-not-on-stv.70215/

11 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

So 2 together then getting let go?

11 hours ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

My lassies have decided not take their tickets for this, just too much for them just now and I don't blame them tbh, i had a long think before deciding to get mine and I earn a lot more than them, bit pish for them after all the shite they've had to put with over the last 10 years going to the games, I don't even think the prices are that bad (although I think it's fucking disgraceful that season ticket holders in other sections are paying 30 quid more than me) sometimes other things in life are just more of a priority cash wise, none of the above will stop me laughing at them as I head out the door to the games however. 

I always thought this is what happened, the season ticket prices vary depending on how good a seat you have so I assumed the price of European games would differ, is this the first time the ticket prices have been different ??

41 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

I can't remember the exact details and this is all I can find in Google.

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/Rangers-champions-league-games-not-on-stv.70215/

2009/10 and 2010/11 it started. The games were shown on Sky Sports Xtra iirc.

32 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

I always thought this is what happened, the season ticket prices vary depending on how good a seat you have so I assumed the price of European games would differ, is this the first time the ticket prices have been different ??

I can’t remember but it makes sense people are paying extra for seats with a better view which is a different argument from the prices across all seats 

1 minute ago, Bad Robot said:

I can’t remember but it makes sense people are paying extra for seats with a better view which is a different argument from the prices across all seats 

But you posted it's a disgrace some support are paying £30 more than you ??

12 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

It doesn’t make sense considering they’ll be paying the same as everyone tonight