*****The Official Ajax v Rangers Match Thread*****

Craiggybear

1 hour ago, Mor3los_1 said:

Really worried now. Get pumped 6 or 7 in both of those games at this rate.

Wouldn't surprise me.

We are stuck with our players and manager for the foreseeable future though.

There is no easy answer. The board had a golden opportunity to strengthen the team once we qualified for CL and sat on their hands. They then  charged our loyal season ticket holders 51 quid plus a game to watch us fall apart.

They are incapable of seeing what is blatantly obvious to our support. 

2 minutes ago, Rum Ham said:

With our recruitment I’m glad we didn’t.

Would rather not spend a penny until we have a competent DOF in place.

Amount of players we’ve paid 1million+ for since Wilson came in who don’t even get a start is shocking.

If the rumours that we have 12 million ‘shoehorned’ for Sands and Tillman are true, its a worry.

To be hoped the last bit is simply their excuse for doing nothing.

Well short of the loanees that the tarriers made permanent.

2 minutes ago, Big Al 55 said:

Tillman will come good 👍 

He might do, but not in the next 6 months or so. If he was our player I’d bring him off the bench, not start him. Trouble is, if we agree a £6m or thereabouts fee we need someone who will be a huge difference immediately. Admittedly he already helped in the qualification phase but he isn’t ready to be a major player for us yet.

Just now, Big Al 55 said:

Tillman will come good 👍 

If he does supposedly there is a set buy back price for Bayern.

He’s so far lazier off the ball than Aribo, and not as good at holding it up when there is no Rangers shirt around him.

I think he would thrive if we had a midfield that suited him, but we have players around him that appear to not give a shit

1 minute ago, BlueThunder said:

He might do, but not in the next 6 months or so. If he was our player I’d bring him off the bench, not start him. Trouble is, if we agree a £6m or thereabouts fee we need someone who will be a huge difference immediately. Admittedly he already helped in the qualification phase but he isn’t ready to be a major player for us yet.

He’s already made an impact. The fee will be paid next season, he’ll be ready by then 👍

2 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Wouldn't surprise me.

We are stuck with our players and manager for the foreseeable future though.

There is no easy answer. The board had a golden opportunity to strengthen the team once we qualified for CL and sat on their hands. They then  charged our loyal season ticket holders 51 quid plus a game to watch us fall apart.

They are incapable of seeing what is blatantly obvious to our support. 

Problem is that the support are so devoted to Alf, Tav, Goldson, Lundstram, Kent, whoever, the board are probably shit scared of selling / letting these guys go, in case they start a mutiny.

And probably so small time that they’re scared to spend big bucks on the 3 players who really would make a difference.

Instead they’re happy to spend peanuts on 7 and think that they’re going to cut the mustard, instead of being unfit / unavailable for all their varying reasons.