The other mob

MisterC

1 hour ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

This is the strangest logic I have ever seen.

I’ve explained it already but you’re clearly not the sharpest Stanley knife in the tool box so here goes again.

If you take over a hugely successful team in great form already serial trophy winners, how much better can you make them?

The best, the absolute best, you can do is maintain the status quo.

That’s if you don’t suffer a string of injuries, you don’t get new owners who want to bring players in that you don’t fancy, the teams you’re up against don’t get new owners with bigger budgets than you and seriously up their game etc, etc.

In reality, you can only go in one direction, no matter how good you are or how confident you are.

When, not if, you hit a bad patch and supporters/directors who have become used to success start pointing fingers, who will they blame?

On the other hand, a club with good players and decent finances but who have struggled for a season or two are crying out for a hero, someone to restore them and potentially become a legend, as Man Utd did with Sir Alex.

Sure there would be an appeal in taking over at a club that wins everything but I’d rather take on a challenge with potential and earn my success that way.

All comes down to personal opinion.

If you still don’t understand, I’m all out of clarification and explanations.

Just now, Bydo said:

If Rodgers comes back or Moyes gets it, we should be very careful. They’re both excellent appointments and let’s be honest, at a level far in excess of what we could have appointed after GVB- which is why we ended up with Beale.

Marsch is fantasy land.

Don't forget Rodgers was bombed out of his last job, hounded by the fans. He made a cunt of it.

4 minutes ago, Stunels said:

I'd have Rodgers back, no chance does he get the free run he had last time. 

Beale winning the league with rodgers at the piggery would be perfect.

Rodgers that won 7 trophies in a row, pretty much won them the league for 8, won the FA cup in England and had them battling for top 4 more than once, and done well in Europe?

12 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

They will be getting a good manager regardless. Folk talking about Lennon, Brown and Kennedy have their heads in the clouds. Never happening 

It's Rodgers 

Rodgers is no coming back to work with sleekit Pete, there's history there and it's along the same lines as him not considering Spurs because of the Levy.

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Don't forget Rodgers was bombed out of his last job, hounded by the fans. He made a cunt of it.

He also won them the FA cup though and finished strongly in the EPL in his first season. There are very few managerial appointments that are fantastic throughout their reigns which is why there are far more sackings than resignations.

They sacked Ranieri ffs.

4 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

I’ve explained it already but you’re clearly not the sharpest Stanley knife in the tool box so here goes again.

If you take over a hugely successful team in great form already serial trophy winners, how much better can you make them?

The best, the absolute best, you can do is maintain the status quo.

That’s if you don’t suffer a string of injuries, you don’t get new owners who want to bring players in that you don’t fancy, the teams you’re up against don’t get new owners with bigger budgets than you and seriously up their game etc, etc.

In reality, you can only go in one direction, no matter how good you are or how confident you are.

When, not if, you hit a bad patch and supporters/directors who have become used to success start pointing fingers, who will they blame?

On the other hand, a club with good players and decent finances but who have struggled for a season or two are crying out for a hero, someone to restore them and potentially become a legend, as Man Utd did with Sir Alex.

Sure there would be an appeal in taking over at a club that wins everything but I’d rather take on a challenge with potential and earn my success that way.

All comes down to personal opinion.

If you still don’t understand, I’m all out of clarification and explanations.

I'm not reading that.

5 minutes ago, Bydo said:

He also won them the FA cup though and finished strongly in the EPL in his first season. There are very few managerial appointments that are fantastic throughout their reigns which is why there are far more sackings than resignations.

They sacked Ranieri ffs.

That's what happens when you have a por season now, few clubs in big leauges accept it now.

Rodgers won plenty at a time where we had guys like Pedro and Warburton at the wheel.

He's a good manager but he's not as good as some think imo. Fat man was more impressive for them domestically for me in the style of play and consistency in the league.

20 minutes ago, Bydo said:

If Rodgers comes back or Moyes gets it, we should be very careful. They’re both excellent appointments and let’s be honest, at a level far in excess of what we could have appointed after GVB- which is why we ended up with Beale.

Marsch is fantasy land.

19 minutes ago, rangersross said:

The upside of Rodgers or Moyes is either one of them would drop the yahoos in a second to go back to the EPL. If we're in a title race come February and Bournemouth come calling, either one of them is gone, regardless of the fallout. I'm personally hoping they go for Marsch. I think he's plausible for them but doesn't have the mentality or attitude for the job. 

18 minutes ago, VanVeenRangers said:

Rodgers or Moyes would be bad news for us. With a squad that's just won 2 titles and now CL money. They will likely sell a few players for decent money. Those managers would have a field day winning against the dross in our league. 

Moyes is not leaving West Ham to come to the SPL ffs.

Managers go the other way, not leave the EPL to come to SPL.

Would rather Rodgers never came back tbh. The tranny shagger won 10 trophies out of 10 with them last time I’m sure. Although the majority of the time he was up against Warburton, Pedro and Murty.

2 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Moyes is not leaving West Ham to come to the SPL ffs.

Managers go the other way, not leave the EPL to come to SPL.

Nobody's suggesting he's choosing to leave an EPL job to go there. There's been a lot of talk about him getting sacked by West Ham in the past week. 

1 minute ago, Siam69 said:

He's in a European final.

There's reports that he'll be sacked if they don't win it. I'd be fine with them getting Moyes. He's a decent manager, but not the most attack minded. I don't think he's suited to managing a team that's expected to dominate nearly every game.