The other mob

MisterC

48 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

After all the chat of £10M+ signings, it’s not looking like there’s much in the pipeline along those lines.

Appreciate there is time to go, but fuck all to fear so far. 

Wouldn't be surprised if they spend a fair whack bringing Tierney back on loan

12 minutes ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

Signing some centre half from poland for about 3/4 million. Starfelt being linked with a move away. The japanese defender they have is powder puff. I just can't see why Arsenal would devalue their asset by sending him to Scotland for a year, even if he has another 2 years left there on his return.

The boy Rieder they’re linked with looks very good tbh but can’t see him going there thankfully, he’s got EPL and Bundesliga teams interested, the tarriers can boast about money all they want but the fact is there is a ceiling for players who will come to Scotland doesn’t matter what cash they throw at them. 

59 minutes ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

Doesn’t really give me the fear the way a quality attacking player might.

Be huge money to subsidise his wages. when he’s often injured. 

See they've signed two boys, Ying and Yang. Interesting signings, not sure if they will be Brendan's mind you. For every Kyogo there is a Mizuno although I guess you could make similar comparisons for any signing. It just seems a bit peculiar to flood the team with Asian players unless they think they will be some kind of revolving door for churning them out to the EPL or wherever.

14 minutes ago, JackAlex93 said:

Off your head if you think Tierney is coming back to Parkhead 😂 Too good to be playing up in this backwater

He started 6 league games last year and teams down south aren't exactly knocking Arsenal's door down for him, would be something of a statement signing for them and that's clearly something they're struggling with just now

On 24/07/2023 at 18:09, 6superbarry6 said:

The boy Rieder they’re linked with looks very good tbh but can’t see him going there thankfully, he’s got EPL and Bundesliga teams interested, the tarriers can boast about money all they want but the fact is there is a ceiling for players who will come to Scotland doesn’t matter what cash they throw at them. 

This is the crux of it. There is a ceiling and from what I can see our signings are at the top end of it. Players at the 3-6 million level who may not be first choice in decent leagues.

Players in the 7-10 million plus range will always have better options than Scotland and celtic can’t compete in that market.

We both have to go with risky or creative approaches.

Therefore, we seem to be chasing potential players who may have lost their way a bit (Cantwell, Dowell) or players playing at a decent level but not guaranteed starters (Danilo, Dessers, Lammers) We seem to have had a coup with Raskin right enough.

Them, on the other hand, just seem to be chasing an untapped market in Asia and potential players (the Aussie & Norwegian wrong’un) Very risky strategy as they’ve done ok with Kyogo & Hatate (although they’re not so keen on the physical side and can be found out), Maeda has done well from a goal return perspective. But the other 3 or 4 Japanese have been shite and Oh has been pretty shite.  More misses than hits!

Maybe I’m biased, but I prefer the look of our strategy. Particularly as the guys we’re signing are our managers picks which is obviously not the case with them.

I’m currently confident in what I’m seeing  but this may change if they change their signing approach.

3 hours ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

He started 6 league games last year and teams down south aren't exactly knocking Arsenal's door down for him, would be something of a statement signing for them and that's clearly something they're struggling with just now

How do you know that there's not been numerous enquires about his availability? Be a perfect fit for say Newcastle