The other mob

MisterC

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So what else should we be replicating from La Liga or the PL? They've go very different stances, for example, on B teams. Which one do we copy? Maybe bring in a Super Cup and play it in the middle east? Spanish football allows teams to use artificial turf - and every team in La Liga use them regularly for training

๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿป

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I thought we were supposed to be replicating what we can?

Youโ€™re spoiling for a tedious, goalpost shifting argument, and youโ€™re not getting one from me.

Youโ€™ve said youโ€™d be pleased with an Astro surface at Ibrox, and that for me is more than enough internet for the day.ย 

Just now, graeme_4 said:

Youโ€™re spoiling for a tedious, goalpost shifting argument, and youโ€™re not getting one from me.

Youโ€™d said youโ€™d be pleased with an Astro surface at Ibrox, and that for me is more than enough internet for the day.ย 

Fingers crossed.

27 minutes ago, The Dude said:

City cant as PL don't allow them in games - although they do train on 4G regularly.

PSG use a hybrid pitch as it's a better surface than 100% natural grass.

Barca do the same and specially laid one at Montjuic as the natural grass surface there was shite and too small.

Why don't the PL allow them if a pitch like Livis or Kilmarnock's is just as good for playing attractive football on than Old Trafford for instance?

Yes, hybrid pitches, with natural grass can indeed be very good. I think even Ibrox has a hybrid pitch if I remember correctly.

You say that this hybrid is a.better surface than natural grass, but as you say, this is an extra expense clubs shouldn't pay out as the players are professional and the surface has no bearing on how well they can play.

Why do they bother with this expensive hybrid and not just get the shite Kilmarnock play on?

Just now, scottyscott1963 said:

Thought that poisoned dwarf dr death war criminal reid lord baron of cardowan had died.
Seems i was wrongย :whistle:

Up to his sleekit scheming eyeballs in everything thatโ€™s been going on for decades and he still is. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Just now, JackAlex93 said:

Excellent fishing from The Dude. Caught a fair few ๐Ÿ˜‚

No, he has genuinely convinced himself it's true.

He has this absurd obsession with honking non league teams that he thinks play football like prime Barcelona.

Astro turfs make financial sense for some teams. And very occasionally in winter, in Scotland, grass pitches can become shit tips that are worse than astro.

These are the valid points for them.

Arguing that Killie and Liv pitches don't hinder teams with more skill is just fucking daft though.

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

He has this absurd obsession with honking non league teams that he thinks play football like prime Barcelona.

Astro turfs make financial sense for some teams. And very occasionally in winter, in Scotland, grass pitches can become shit tips that are worse than astro.

Arguing that Killie and Liv pitches don't hinder teams with more skill is just fucking daft though.

Ross County has an excellent pitch, most northerly cub we have and they have it looking good generally throughout the year. No excuse for shit tip plastic, I get that Hybrid is, like ours, is probably a good way to go.

1 minute ago, dummiesoot said:

Ross County has an excellent pitch, most northerly cub we have and they have it looking good generally throughout the year. No excuse for shit tip plastic, I get that Hybrid is, like ours, is probably a good way to go.

Yea, their pitch is excellent all year round usually.

Think it depends on the land though, they probably have good natural drainage.

Think other clubs could probably maintain their pitch with the same techniques yet it would go to shit just because of the lay of the land.

Killie I think don't have the excuse though, their pitch was one of the better ones. They done it purely for the money at the expense of having a surface that's good to play on.

1 minute ago, SkylineBlue said:

I thought Lawell was away?

They tell you these things to put your guard down and take the attention off them, but they are always there, no chance lawwell and the likes of reid would surrender their political power and influence that emanates from the phiggery itโ€™s the hub for their kafflic cabal.

20 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

They tell you these things to put your guard down and take the attention off them, but they are always there, no chance lawwell and the likes of reid would surrender their political power and influence that emanates from the phiggery itโ€™s the hub for their kafflic cabal.

I wasn't naive enough to think he wasn't still heavily involved, but didn't realise he was officially back.

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Why don't the PL allow them if a pitch like Livis or Kilmarnock's is just as good for playing attractive football on than Old Trafford for instance?

Yes, hybrid pitches, with natural grass can indeed be very good. I think even Ibrox has a hybrid pitch if I remember correctly.

You say that this hybrid is a.better surface than natural grass, but as you say, this is an extra expense clubs shouldn't pay out as the players are professional and the surface has no bearing on how well they can play.

Why do they bother with this expensive hybrid and not just get the shite Kilmarnock play on?

Club preference.

Why do some clubs have DoF and some dont? Why do some have a manager and others a head coach? Why do some prefer overnighters for away trips while others prefer travelling on the day of the game?

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I see you're making shite up again...

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Club preference.

Why do some clubs have DoF and some dont? Why do some have a manager and others a head coach? Why do some prefer overnighters for away trips while others prefer travelling on the day of the game?

Aye, that must be it.

Every single big club in the world just decide to play on grass rather than plastic out of 'club preference' in a massive statistical coincidence.

The premier League just ban them for shits and giggles.

I'm sold mate, this explanation is perfectly valid.

1 hour ago, dummiesoot said:

Sadly he isnโ€™t fishing

You're right, I'm not. I find 'elite' footballers earning four and five figures a week complaining about having to play on an artificial pitch to be utterly patheticย  - especially when many of them will have spent years playing on them as they worked their way through youth academies etc.