The other mob

MisterC

1 minute ago, Colin Traive said:

As all the claims are being handled by the same firm, will every victim get the same?

If Thomson know that Victim A settled on £100,000, why would they allow Victim B to settle for less?

Each victim will have suffered differing levels of abuse, so presumably the ones that suffered the most will get the biggest share.

2 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

So, this is for 20 victims, right? How many victims are there in total? FF saying this is an attempt to stop the class action suit but I’m not sure who is involved in that.

Thompson Football Cases

Celtic

We currently represent around 25 clients who were abused whilst young players at either Celtic Plc or Celtic Boys Club.

There are two different ‘groups’ of cases. We have settled certain cases and also continue to pursue cases against Celtic Plc for clients who were abused by one of their employees, Jim McCafferty. McCafferty is a known, convicted paedophile who abused boys at various location and clubs throughout Scotland.

The second 'group' consists of a number of cases being contested by Celtic Plc. These have attracted significant media attention and involve clients who were abused by James/Jim Torbett or Francis/Frank Cairney whilst playing for Celtic Boys Club.

Ii think the scum could payout 20 million+ for them now it's no a penny pinching exercise it's about protecting their reputation. 

As has been said on FF by a poster thats clued up on this the scum know what evidence Thompsons has against them. 

Like he says I hope the victims dig in for their public apology 

7 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Prince Andrew is a social leper now despite never having been found guilty.

Organisations which had him as patron have all distanced themselves completely.

If this rancid club does exactly the same (“we did nothing wrong but here’s a cheque to make you fuck off”), then how will sponsors react?

Andrew is technically innocent but nobody wants to be associated with him in any way - why shouldn’t the scum be the same?

As he should be. Should be in jail.

On 02/12/2022 at 23:18, MVRanger said:

When the inevitable happens and the "Separate Entity" defence gets crushed in court, that is when the Fat Jap will no doubt leap in to action to set the agenda with Rasellick also being portrayed as victims of these vile individuals. You can imagine his MSM placemen salivating at the prospect of depicting Lawell as a hero for settling out of court and sparing the victims further trauma. I really hope I'm wrong but given this poisonous little shit hole of a country, there is a good chance the Beasts ftom the East will wriggle off the hook.

All sadly predictable I'm afraid. You have to admit Lawell is good - dropping the news on the day of a CL match, the day after revealing record profits and when the UK media is side-tracked with Russell Brand. The story wasn't even mentioned on the national lunchtime news and got a few sentences on BBC Scotland.

1 hour ago, Bad Robot said:

If they accept…

I'm guessing it'll now be a game of negotiating until the sum is unwise to reject. It's a shame it's not being held by the US courts as their compensation rules for admitting liability is pretty much limitless. UK courts are much more reserved. It'll cost them millions but not as much as a media frenzy and in potential sponsorships etc long term.

40 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Ii think the scum could payout 20 million+ for them now it's no a penny pinching exercise it's about protecting their reputation. 

As has been said on FF by a poster thats clued up on this the scum know what evidence Thompsons has against them. 

Like he says I hope the victims dig in for their public apology 

I doubt very much it’ll cost them £20m+. It will be in the order of a few million, say 100k each. I hope the victims get as much as they can, but the idea this will ruin the filth seems very unlikely. They may as you say offer more to make it go away quickly but I doubt it’ll be anywhere near £1m per person. This is based on guesswork and reading the other threads. I could of course be completely wrong.

The worst thing for the filth without doubt though is this going to trial. I guess we need to see what the victims think.