The other mob

MisterC

5 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

A guy on a ride on lawnmower. That’s all Kilmarnock save. They don’t rent it out for anything and training will be at the new facility they are building (1.5m) So there’s no financial benefit.  

So it begs the question - why do they have it?

Nah it must save them more than that. The lawnmower guy will have at least an assistant or two.

Add also the cost of the stuff we do over winter with the LED rigs all over the pitch.

Gaining an unfair financial advantage these cunts. Sporting integrity and all that.

5 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

You do get levels of Astroparks btw, and Killie and Livi are up there with the worst, only behind those sandy ones girls play hockey on.  

That’s the major issue, there should have been a minimum (but relatively high) standard set and required for artificial surfaces when the idea was first mooted. Instead, Killie, Livi, and the like were able to lay down stuff that’s no better than your local Soccer World. I have no problem with teams wanting to use an artificial surface, but those currently being used are for the most part a joke.

11 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

A guy on a ride on lawnmower. That’s all Kilmarnock save. They don’t rent it out for anything and training will be at the new facility they are building (1.5m) So there’s no financial benefit.  

I think i read that once their training facility is built they are going back to a grass pitch. That might be wrong right enough. The ironic thing is that their old grass pitch was the best in the country, very rarely in a state in the winter.

15 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Great question actually. I'm going to bet it's to do with home advantage. Look it's a horrible pitch, no doubt, should not be in the top league of any country.  But it is. How many seasons are we gonna complain about it? Find a way to beat them on it.. which it seems we have apart from opening day of season.  Big picture we should all be telling league we want grass. But this season it's there to be won on.... Or as first day of season this year, lost on

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

The only team that play on a baseball field occasionally :lol:

The rest play in their own stadiums or state of the art NFL artificial pitches.

NYCFC play all their home games there. Cup games are sometimes played at high schools. 

The ones who use NFL stadia often put a temporary surface in on top of the gridiron for ‘soccer’. (Seattle, NE Revs, Vancouver)

17 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

last season they only won 8 points away and 32 home 

so.....

Just now, The Dude said:

NYCFC play all their home games there. Cup games are sometimes played at high schools. 

The ones who use NFL stadia often put a temporary surface in on top of the gridiron for ‘soccer’. (Seattle, NE Revs, Vancouver)

That's what I just posted.

39 minutes ago, TBagalag said:

That’s the major issue, there should have been a minimum (but relatively high) standard set and required for artificial surfaces when the idea was first mooted. Instead, Killie, Livi, and the like were able to lay down stuff that’s no better than your local Soccer World. I have no problem with teams wanting to use an artificial surface, but those currently being used are for the most part a joke.

Don’t want to get too far away from laughing at them but for me you have hit the nail on the head. I’d rather we didn’t have them in the top flight at all, but can understand the financial arguments for some teams. However if we are going to accept them there should be a minimum standard that they have to achieve.

Not going to pretend to be some expert on the different grades of artificial pitches but just from looking at Kilmarnock & Livingston’s they look cheap shit; and that’s before you watch the spectacle of professional players having to stop and turn back to collect the ball because it has held up on the pitch (happened 3 or 4 times when we played there and noticed it happening to the Kilmarnock CF Vassell (?) a couple of times when he came on today).

Obviously it is possible to play good football on an artificial pitch, but would say the quality of pitch is a large factor on this. If we are going to accept them in the top flight, the next time either Kilmarnock or Livingston get relegated the rest need to step up and (as a minimum) change the rules so that there is a minimum standard they must meet.

1 hour ago, TBagalag said:

There is - and has been for years.