The other mob

MisterC

8 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I’m in work that day and I’m not even going to bother trying to get it off. I’ll keep an eye on it on my phone but I can’t be wasting holidays on a game that’s clearly going to be a disaster 

You’re going to miss out on a good win.

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Out the two starting XIs from this weekend, on paper Cerny is a better player than Kuhn and I hope Propper is a better player than Scales.

Don't know how anyone can claim Butland is a better keeper than Schmeichel. 

Schmeichel about to turn 38 tbf. Probably would take Butland.

As for the rest it’s embarrassing how far behind we are. 

Most seasons since Gerrard joined it felt like we just lacked quality or depth in 1-2 positions.

Now we’re a full rebuild away from even being competitive next season.

Somehow getting CL money would give us a chance next season.

Just now, The Godfather said:

Folk can argue all day and night about who gets in their team. End of the day, their team is miles ahead of us.

Agree.

We definitely had some real positive signs in the first half yesterday though. The way we were passing to try and work penetrative runs is exactly how they play.

The thing they do though is score early and then they get another. We score and give away a daft goal. 

3 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Out the two starting XIs from this weekend, on paper Cerny is a better player than Kuhn and I hope Propper is a better player than Scales.

If Schmeichel hasn't lost the 2 extra stones he's carrying from last week, I'd rather have Butland. But going through the season I don't think there will be much difference in the keepers.

12 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

When was the last time anyone even watched Schmeichel regularly though? 

Just now, KingKirk said:

Just gotta hope some of there players get bored and want a fresh challenge 

They’ve got the cash to replace them if they do

They’ve got us right where they want us  - we start to improve and they’ll strengthen - as it stands they don’t have to do anything to stay well ahead 

15 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Schmeichel about to turn 38 tbf. Probably would take Butland.

As for the rest it’s embarrassing how far behind we are. 

Most seasons since Gerrard joined it felt like we just lacked quality or depth in 1-2 positions.

Now we’re a full rebuild away from even being competitive next season.

Somehow getting CL money would give us a chance next season.

I think this has been somewhat of an excuse. Celtic pumped us at Ibrox with players like Mikey Johnston, Elhamed, Bitton, Bolingoli and Hayes playing for them.

Celtic have won league titles with Taylor, Scales, Bain, etc playing a lot of games. They seem to make do with a few lesser players filling in and doing a job, whereas we pay £4m for players like Davies to be a 4th choice CB.

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

The only chance we have is if they sell O'Reilly late in the window. We purchase 5 more first 11 players and they lose the likes of Vickers, Hatete and Kyogo for a period of time to injury.

Good chance this happens.

14 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Agree.

We definitely had some real positive signs in the first half yesterday though. The way we were passing to try and work penetrative runs is exactly how they play.

The thing they do though is score early and then they get another. We score and give away a daft goal. 

They have players who are prepared to take a shot

3 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

The only chance we have is if they sell O'Reilly late in the window. We purchase 5 more first 11 players and they lose the likes of Vickers, Hatete and Kyogo for a period of time to injury.

They sell him they will replace and will have a huge kitty to do it. 

We are trying to build a team on pennies. 

This is going to take at least another 2 or 3 windows and even then you are praying they make a mess of their transfer business.

I'm not a betting man but I know the odds would be grim on that happening 

8 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

No bought a single outfield player, we’ve signed 8 and look worse. Pretty standard 

I actually think in the first half with our new signings playing and when they hadn’t tired we looked greatly improved 

The drop off second half was scandalous though 

4 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

They sell him they will replace and will have a huge kitty to do it. 

They do but Rodgers doesn't have the best of records with signings for them bar his first season.

Two successful ones last season were both loans.

14 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I think this has been somewhat of an excuse. celtic pumped us at Ibrox with players like Mikey Johnston, Elhamed, Bitton, Bolingoli and Hayes playing for them.

celtic have won league titles with Taylor, Scales, Bain, etc playing a lot of games. They seem to make do with a few lesser players filling in and doing a job, whereas we pay £4m for players like Davies to be a 4th choice CB.

How’s it an excuse. It’s just acknowledging since Gerrard came in the teams have been relatively close in quality. They’ve probably had 1-2 extra quality players particularly in midfield and out wide.

Now that gap is 6-7 players.

They were pretty pish last season when Carter Vickers, Hatate, McGregor were out. 

We’re at least 4-5 real quality players from challenging. And they could lose a few.

Need their better player heads to be turned, get bored and try and force some moves down south.

41 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I’m in work that day and I’m not even going to bother trying to get it off. I’ll keep an eye on it on my phone but I can’t be wasting holidays on a game that’s clearly going to be a disaster 

Early goal and it'll be another complete and utter collapse. Still too many in the squad who have scar tissue from drubbings against them and a weak mentality