Ronaldo or Messi

Essandoh

I think anyone who watched them both at their peak and thinks Ronaldo was a better player probably can't be reasoned with. The "who would you rather have in a moment of crisis" argument is more interesting. 

Ronaldo is a freakish goalscorer and mental monster, but the further into the freakish goalscorer era we get, with the likes of Lewandowski, Ibrahimovic and Suarez in the top 20 goalscorers ever, and Haaland likely to join them in about four months, the less impressed I am by that compared to Messi's obvious equivalent talent in that department but superiority in playmaking. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/10/2022 at 13:44, JamieD said:

It's hilarious, watching Messi running the show, playing playmaker and striker at the same time aged 35, to imagine anyone ever thought Ronaldo was "the more complete player" because he's 7 inches taller.

But who can jump higher?

10 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Messi is unquestionably better.

I like Ronaldo because his work ethic and application has allowed to him to absolutely maximise his ability / achievements, and he’s not a weird wee dwarf who’s been pumped full of growth hormones. 

I’ve always said this - I think messi is the better footballer, a joy to watch and reads the game better than any player I’ve ever seen in this era.

Ronaldo probably the better ‘athlete’ for exactly the reason you say - he’s maximised his footballing ability because of his dedication/work. 

Just now, MillarNotMiller said:

I’ve always said this - I think messi is the better footballer, a joy to watch and reads the game better than any player I’ve ever seen in this era.

Ronaldo probably the better ‘athlete’ for exactly the reason you say - he’s maximised his footballing ability because of his dedication/work. 

I should say, the fact that a guy like me, who’s sitting on his arse helping himself to a crate of tennents on a Friday night, thinks he can judge between these two is fucking comedy gold. :beer:

14 minutes ago, MillarNotMiller said:

He's also a very humble character as well to go with his massive ego. 

This story is absolute quality 

Cristiano admits that he owes his lucky break to one of his closest friends,Albert Fantrau.

“I have to thank my friend Albert for my success. We played together for a youth club. When people from Sporting (Lisbon) arrived, they told us that whoever scored more goals would be accepted to their Academy. We won that game 3-0, I scored the first goal, the Albert scored a header, and the third was a goal that impressed everyone. Albert went to one on one with the goalkeeper. I was running next to him, he went round the keeper, all he needed to do was just to get the ball into the empty net. But, he passed it to me and I scored. I was accepted to the Academy. After the match, I approached him and asked him “why” and he answered; “You’re better than me”. Several years later, the journalist went to Albert’s house and asked whether the story was true. He confirmed. He also said that his career as a football player finished after that match and he is now unemployed. “But where did you get such a gorgeous house, a car? You seemed to be a rich person. You also maintain your family … .. Where is all this from?.”

Albert proudly replied; it’s from Cristiano……

11 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

He's also a very humble character as well to go with his massive ego. 

This story is absolute quality 

Cristiano admits that he owes his lucky break to one of his closest friends,Albert Fantrau.

“I have to thank my friend Albert for my success. We played together for a youth club. When people from Sporting (Lisbon) arrived, they told us that whoever scored more goals would be accepted to their Academy. We won that game 3-0, I scored the first goal, the Albert scored a header, and the third was a goal that impressed everyone. Albert went to one on one with the goalkeeper. I was running next to him, he went round the keeper, all he needed to do was just to get the ball into the empty net. But, he passed it to me and I scored. I was accepted to the Academy. After the match, I approached him and asked him “why” and he answered; “You’re better than me”. Several years later, the journalist went to Albert’s house and asked whether the story was true. He confirmed. He also said that his career as a football player finished after that match and he is now unemployed. “But where did you get such a gorgeous house, a car? You seemed to be a rich person. You also maintain your family … .. Where is all this from?.”

Albert proudly replied; it’s from Cristiano……

Nothing more humble than refusing to go on as a sub and leaving the stadium twice before full time in the space of a couple of months 

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, JimmyCR1 said:

Ronaldos a Pussy boy sucks dick and is a gay man. Can try and hide it all he wants he’s an absolute bender. Nothing against gay men but he’s the gayest man I’ve ever seen, needs to come out the closet.

:lol:

6 minutes ago, JimmyCR1 said:

Ronaldos a Pussy boy sucks dick and is a gay man. Can try and hide it all he wants he’s an absolute bender. Nothing against gay men but he’s the gayest man I’ve ever seen, needs to come out the closet

wooft waffa