The Nostalgia Gaming Thread

BlueSuedeSambas

1 minute ago, G.E.C. said:

I loved the first Spider-Man game on the PS2 as well.

I remember getting the PS2 magazine and found out you could play as the Green Goblin by completing it on Super Hero mode. Coolest thing ever!

Yeah I did love it, but it didn't hit the same as the original on PS1...

Then came Spider-Man 2. :love:

8 hours ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

It's free with the ps5 premium thing as far as I can remember. 

Also Fallout 3 GoTY edition is/was free on epic's store might be gone by the time you read this. 

Fallout games fantastic I've still got my ps3 fallout new Vegas kicking about unfortunately won't play on ps4

Just now, J-Maestro said:

Think I'd rather it was still 2D give it the SOR4 or Shredders Revenge treatment.

I think it should be as well, but the graphical improvement would be unreal, plus the controls, reactions etc

Do you remember soviet strike on the ps, that was a baws hard game, but fucking loved it

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I think it should be as well, but the graphical improvement would be unreal, plus the controls, reactions etc

Do you remember soviet strike on the ps, that was a baws hard game, but fucking loved it

I've never actually played Soviet! I think Future Cop LAPD started out as a Strike game too.

As a bit of a collector I've been all in on Evercade since it came out. Fully licensed game collections on cartridge with manuals. Also a few carts with recent indie games for the old systems, some of them surprisingly decent. Know you can get everything for free and have done in the past but something different about playing this way. Currently hooked on Speedball 2 and the Chaos engine. Probably play it more than my xbox these days.

9446579_R_SET.jpeg.jpg

evercade5-640x435.jpg

2 hours ago, Don81 said:

As a bit of a collector I've been all in on Evercade since it came out. Fully licensed game collections on cartridge with manuals. Also a few carts with recent indie games for the old systems, some of them surprisingly decent. Know you can get everything for free and have done in the past but something different about playing this way. Currently hooked on Speedball 2 and the Chaos engine. Probably play it more than my xbox these days.

9446579_R_SET.jpeg.jpg

evercade5-640x435.jpg

Read about it in Retro Gamer and assumed it was some shite knock off like the Mega Drive ones, this worth it? Just seen Premier Manager 97 is on it too.

5 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

Read about it in Retro Gamer and assumed it was some shite knock off like the Mega Drive ones, this worth it? Just seen Premier Manager 97 is on it too.

Any more info on what this is mate? Never seen it mentioned before 

4 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Any more info on what this is mate? Never seen it mentioned before 

Basically a handheld console, all the old publishing companies have been releasing cartridges for it with 6-8 games on them. They seem to be doing quite well from how many have been released.

https://evercade.co.uk

7 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Basically a handheld console, all the old publishing companies have been releasing cartridges for it with 6-8 games on them. They seem to be doing quite well from how many have been released.

https://evercade.co.uk

Thanks mate never even heard of this, I’m backshift this week so think I’ll do a bit of digging into it, see if it would be worth it for me, they seem quite robust and reliable software wise mate? 

11 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

It's a brilliant bit of kit, the new handheld is out this Christmas as well. Most carts have between 6-15 games on them and they tend to be done by publisher. There's a couple of Namco carts, a codemasters cart, bitmap brothers cart etc etc.  Also Arcade carts and they've just signed a deal with Commodore/Amiga and Capcom arcade games are built into the new handheld. The current versions of the games I mentioned are the Megadrive versions but sure the Amiga ones will be on a future cart. Have every cart so far , sure it's over 30 now.  Definitely a company on the up so can only see the choice of games getting even better...

5 hours ago, RFC55 said:

Thanks mate never even heard of this, I’m backshift this week so think I’ll do a bit of digging into it, see if it would be worth it for me, they seem quite robust and reliable software wise mate? 

Been great for me , my 6 year old plays the handheld now and again so it's taken a bit of abuse , drops etc and it's stood up to them without a scratch. Funstock does some cracking bundle deals on them usually. Will be picking up the new exp handheld as well.